PDA

View Full Version : Water Softner

Stewart 430 Scud
20-11-2005, 02:02 PM
When Zymol used my car for there new advertising shots, they gave me one of there new water softeners, you use it to give your car its final rinse after washing.

I can tell you that this is a fantastic product. You can leave your car to dry itself after the final rinse and it will leave no water marks.

I understand that Dave holds the UK license for this product and would recommend it to all of you.

GrahamS
20-11-2005, 02:28 PM
What format does this take? Is it something you just add to a bucket of water or is it more complicated than that?

spidermanUK
20-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Stewart
How is it different to the Flash system, which I have to admit works well? :thumbsup: The only pain being that you have to replace the cartridges after about 3 uses and they work out quite dear!:thumbsdow

Stewart 430 Scud
20-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Stewart
How is it different to the Flash system, which I have to admit works well? :thumbsup: The only pain being that you have to replace the cartridges after about 3 uses and they work out quite dear!:thumbsdow

I dont know about the Flash system as my wife does our kitchen floor:grin: :grin: :grin:

Joking aside, i believe that you can use the Zymol product 20/25 times before having to replace the cartridge.

Stewart 430 Scud
20-11-2005, 02:41 PM
What format does this take? Is it something you just add to a bucket of water or is it more complicated than that?

All you have to do is attach it to your hosepipe very simple and extremly effective.

ric355
20-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Are you referring to one of these? This one isn't a zymol product though.

http://www.vertar.com/prodtype.asp?pt_id=106

I have one and they work very well.

Ric.

Angelis
20-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I have both the Flash system and the one that Dave Zymol gave me.

Flash system is crap and takes ages.

Dave's De-Ioniser is much better. Although you should need to take the car out for a spin to dry the car out fully.

spidermanUK
20-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I have both the Flash system and the one that Dave Zymol gave me.

Flash system is crap and takes ages.

Dave's De-Ioniser is much better. Although you should need to take the car out for a spin to dry the car out fully.
How much is the version OUR FAVOURITE SPONSOR:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: sells?

steve f
20-11-2005, 04:23 PM
How much is the version OUR FAVOURITE SPONSOR:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: sells?
didnt know AUTO GLYM was a sponser :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Angelis
20-11-2005, 06:25 PM

Actually he does'nt sell them. I just needed one and he sold me his spare one.

I'll be getting it in future from a Zymol suppliuer, unless Halfords are doing it.

:grin: :grin:

Dave Z
20-11-2005, 10:56 PM
They're 45 , designed by the one of the directors of Zymol UK , called aqua gleam filters and available from myself or any of the other aqua gleam agents www.aquagleam.co.uk
:thumbsup:

ric355
21-11-2005, 12:06 AM
They're 45 , designed by the one of the directors of Zymol UK , called aqua gleam filters and available from myself or any of the other aqua gleam agents www.aquagleam.co.uk (http://www.aquagleam.co.uk)

So it is the same one I've got then. Agree with Stewart, they work very well (although I still never let my car dry by itself). Get one from Dave if you haven't got one !

Ric.

barabus
21-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Whats wrong with an old fashioned wash leather you lazy gits?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ric355
21-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Whats wrong with an old fashioned wash leather you lazy gits?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have one of these and I still use a leather (actually a microfibre equivalent but it does the same thing). No laziness here.:wink3:

Stewart 430 Scud
21-11-2005, 10:44 AM

I try to avoid all old technology:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

tonyh
21-11-2005, 10:48 AM
They're 45 , designed by the one of the directors of Zymol UK , called aqua gleam filters and available from myself or any of the other aqua gleam agents www.aquagleam.co.uk

I 've got one too , tho' i don't see miracle results, have to say.

Hazy
21-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I 've got one too , tho' i don't see miracle results, have to say.

Is your car Zymolled mate?? That water filter is the b0ll0x. I agree with Angelis about taking it for a spin to dry it tho'. Mind you next time, or now the roads are sh itty I'm gonna try the leaf blower to dry it!!!

don't care what anyone says, leathering a car will never achieve the results I get now. (see the Vmax pics :wink3: ) :D:D:D

tonyh
21-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Is your car Zymolled mate?? That water filter is the b0ll0x. I agree with Angelis about taking it for a spin to dry it tho'. Mind you next time, or now the roads are sh itty I'm gonna try the leaf blower to dry it!!!

don't care what anyone says, leathering a car will never achieve the results I get now. (see the Vmax pics :wink3: ) :D:D:D

Yes m8, but DIY'd . Can'y afford 250 a wax......:laugh:

Jas
21-11-2005, 04:27 PM
But hasn't softened water got a higher Sodium Chloride content (and reduced Calcium Chloride)? Hence, will rust the car more?

hedge
21-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Funnily enough I was talking to a friend yesterday about this who has an ionic filter for his 996, I will find out which one. His Mrs has a big dog that she blasts dry with one of these things (will find out which one) http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Blaster_Dryers_Metro_Professional.html which he of course uses on the Porsche too!! He is also a Zymol freak.:confused:

hedge
21-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Funnily enough I was talking to a friend yesterday about this who has an ionic filter for his 996, I will find out which one. His Mrs has a big dog tghat she blasts dry with one of these things (will find out which one) http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Blaster_Dryers_Metro_Professional.html which he of course uses on the Porsche too!! He is also a Zymol freak.:confused:

the filter he uses he reckons produces water good enough to go in the battery

Jas
22-11-2005, 01:02 PM
the filter he uses he reckons produces water good enough to go in the battery

I'm no chemist, but I'd say highly unlikely. Water for batteries should be distilled, and hence is very pure.

Softened water comes in two forms. Either with calcium chloride replaced by sodium chloride, or else it is ion treated electronically. How good the latter is is open to debate.

hedge
22-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm no chemist, but I'd say highly unlikely. Water for batteries should be distilled, and hence is very pure.

Softened water comes in two forms. Either with calcium chloride replaced by sodium chloride, or else it is ion treated electronically. How good the latter is is open to debate.

I will find out which one he uses - I think it is in a different league to the link on here, it costs him about 150 and lasts a few months only.

Cannot believe he blow drys his car!

hedge
24-11-2005, 10:13 AM
This is from my friend with the 996:

Subject: RE: water filter

Hi Marc

http://shop.ionicsystems.com/htdocs/acatalog/Ionic_Catalogue_Spot_Free_Filter_Systems_53.html

I have the 30 inch 30tds filter and the 30 inch 0TDS - used together they give virtually zero parts per million of crap in the water - as close as distilled water as you can get and quite suitable to but in batteries.

Try this site for detailing info etc http://autopia.org/

Good luck blowing

Jonathan

PS Keep me posted on developments

glyn o'donnell
30-11-2005, 07:20 PM
halfords dont sell these but john drake does they are a fantastic time saving item, i have used them for years exactly the same as the zymol ones. i live in yorkshire where we have only just got running water but it is very hard so washing the car leaves it very streaky and lots of water marks appear on the body whilst it is drying, try the 30 ppm unit(particles per million) you should get 35 washes from it, give the car the final rinse with it and walk away, you dont even need to chamois the car dry even a black car in direct sun,no one likes drying the car so these are spot on.

spidermanUK
30-11-2005, 07:31 PM
halfords dont sell these but john drake does they are a fantastic time saving item,.
Do they do mail order? Do you have website/contact details please?

A308 MAN
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Are you referring to one of these? This one isn't a zymol product though.

http://www.vertar.com/prodtype.asp?pt_id=106

I have one and they work very well.

Ric.
I will not be buying one, as the ignorant b@st@rds have failed to include the Isle of Man, within their regional, water quality, map !

tonyh
01-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Do they do mail order? Do you have website/contact details please?
http://shop.ionicsystems.com/htdocs/acatalog/Ionic_Catalogue_Spot_Free_Filter_Systems_53.html

ric355
01-12-2005, 04:25 PM
This is from my friend with the 996:

Subject: RE: water filter

Hi Marc

I have the 30 inch 30tds filter and the 30 inch 0TDS - used together they give virtually zero parts per million of crap in the water - as close as distilled water as you can get and quite suitable to but in batteries.

Try this site for detailing info etc http://autopia.org/

Good luck blowing

Jonathan

PS Keep me posted on developments

The 12" one looks the same as the aqua gleam one that I have. 30 and 0 ppm versions of that are available too (I have the 0 ppm version). I reckon it is probably the same item. It is certainly the same price.

The 30" one is more expensive only because there is more stuff in it so it lasts longer. The 12" aquagleam lasts for about 15 rinses. It actually goes brown to indicate it needs replacing but the instructions say to keep on using it until you are no longer happy with the results.

glyn o'donnell
01-12-2005, 09:56 PM
contact johndrake on 01590 645623 or his website is; www.johnswax.co.uk

he is a spot on guy

ted 191
07-12-2005, 10:11 PM
contact johndrake on 01590 645623 or his website is; www.johnswax.co.uk

he is a spot on guy
Received my aqua gleam today, will try it out over the weekend :thumbsup:

Dave Z
08-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Received my aqua gleam today, will try it out over the weekend :thumbsup:

Nice one:thumbsup:
a few tips, wash and rinse the car first with normal water then use the filter for a final rinse

spidermanUK
18-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Just a brief "heads-up" chaps and chapessess... Tesco are selling the Flash cleaning system with the de-ionised water thingy at 9.99!:thumbsup:

Just in case any relatives are at a loss as to what to get you for xmas apart from socks!!!:shocked: :tongue3: :shocked: :tongue3:

ted 191
18-12-2005, 08:57 PM
It really does work(shocked) but still doesnt seem right to leave water on car ! :thumbsup:

ric355
18-12-2005, 09:24 PM
It really does work(shocked) but still doesnt seem right to leave water on car ! :thumbsup:
I have that problem too. Despite using the aqua gleam filter I still dry it off - it just makes the drying process easier.