PDA

View Full Version : Removing rubber marks?

jdd308
23-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi all,

Hope you can help:

Just cleaned the car following the recent track day and I've noticed quite a few black marks on the paintwork where rubber 'marbles' have bounced off the car and left black lines, mainly on the lower part of the bodywork. :cry:

As it's been zymol'd I did my usual clean water rinse and all the dirt, squashed bugs etc. came off satisfyingly easily. However, I could not shift these black rubber marks.

Any ideas on what I can use to shift 'em without removing the zymol treatments?

Thanks in advance!

John

tabletcounter
23-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Use a bit of the HD cleanse. The nice chocolate smelling stuff. :thumbsup:

jdd308
23-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Ah thanks, nice one! :thumbsup:

ric355
23-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Use a bit of the HD cleanse. The nice chocolate smelling stuff. :thumbsup:

Re-zymol after you've cleansed.

tonyspears
23-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I would try clay bar first that wont strip any wax off:thumbsup:

Dave Z
23-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah,
I'd go down the clat bar route aswell

jdd308
23-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks y'all,

HD cleanse worked a treat!

I was already in the garage working on this by 6pm so missed the last posts re klay bar.

Once the HD cleanse had done its stuff I re-applied wax, and ended up doing a few more panels than I really needed to. Car looks even more fabulous now :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

By the way, as I happened to be eating a bar of chocolate at the time, I tried rubbing in a tiny bit of neat chocolate in to the black rubber mark with a finger. Guess what? That worked, too!!! Well, worth a try...

John

Jas
25-08-2006, 11:28 AM
T
By the way, as I happened to be eating a bar of chocolate at the time, I tried rubbing in a tiny bit of neat chocolate in to the black rubber mark with a finger. Guess what? That worked, too!!! Well, worth a try...

John

Excellent, finally a worthwhile use for Cadbury's "chocolate" :tongue3:

Fraccie
25-08-2006, 12:14 PM

John

That would be the active ingredient ,salmenolla, in it...:grin: