PDA

View Full Version : I used swissol

Juke 360
28-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello all,

I am by no means a car cleaner but I do enjoy cleaning my car. I purchased a swissol kit off ebay and spent most of the weekend cleaning. Bloody hard work!!!!!

The results were very pleasing. If anyone is interested I can let you know what I bought and how I used it.

Juke26046

Fraccie
28-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Looks well mate...:thumbsup:

gazmont
29-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Hello all,

I am by no means a car cleaner but I do enjoy cleaning my car. I purchased a swissol kit off ebay and spent most of the weekend cleaning. Bloody hard work!!!!!

The results were very pleasing. If anyone is interested I can let you know what I bought and how I used it.

Juke26046

I have been given some swissol products to try. What did you use and how did you use it? Cheers

scuderia
29-08-2006, 03:12 PM
juke 360, your car looks fantastic, could also be because it looks the same spec as mine!:grin: great car..

Hazy
29-08-2006, 03:20 PM
juke 360, your car looks fantastic, could also be because it looks the same spec as mine!:grin: great car..

how d'ya mean?? Red??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just kidding, same as mine too. Whats that funny red bit between the lights tho Duke???:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

Juke 360
31-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Needs a new grill I know!!!

Juke 360
01-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Washed car with lambs wool mit using 'car bath'.

Applied 'paint rubber' with 'quick finish'. I spent quite a long time doing this paying attention to re-fold the paint rubber concentrating on one panel at a time. It is amazing just what comes off!!!

Applied two coats of 'cleaner fluid' using a sponge applicator. The key here is to have 3 or four polishing cloths ready. The pre wax oil just does not buff off otherwise. It will now look gleaming.

Final wax treatment was with 'Scuderia' wax applied by hand. I did one panel at a time leaving the wax for about 10 minutes then buffing off using the swissol cloth. After I did the whole car I left it in the sun for 3 hours. This 'enriched the colour'.

Windows were polished using 'crystal' glass cleaner.

The wheels were dressed with 'pneu' and waxed with wheel wax. I wax the whole wheel including inside. This makes cleaning easier in future.

Doing this takes some time but it is worth it. Maintenance cleaning takes about 1/2 hour with wash and polish using quick finish.

Like I said from the outset I am no expert. This is not advice - just how I used the products I spent a lot of money on.

I have not used Zymol but I would like to bet that it is every bit as good. I think the process makes the difference and the more you practice the better you get. Or just ring Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Please pm me for more details.

Regards

Juke

rizlaneil1000
01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
i didnt realise what an artfom the cleaning and waxing process was untill i started reading up on swissol stuff.

ive been merrily using turtle wax and thinking nothing of it!!

i am looking to buy swissol gear and your thread was a great help in helping me decide the products. im just going to price up the gear you used... then when ive got back on my feet (lol!), i'll clear it with er indoors first, then purchase some and fingers crossed, my little 348 will shine like your beauty...

it looks excuisite mate...

good job!:thumbsup:

rizlaneil1000
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
what is the 'paint rubber' part??

Juke 360
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
'Paint rubber' is the same as clay bar. There is a short video on the swissol website that runs you through the process.

http://www.swissol.co.uk/webpage/how_to_use.asp

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Juke