PDA

View Full Version : New RS4-

tonyh
20-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Car looked immense on Top Gear tonight. Wish i didn't need a bigger car and it wasn't 50k :(

Angelis
20-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah... 50 is a lot of money. Not sure about the looks though.

But as it's Audi... massive depreciation will follow, so maybe a good used buy in a couple of years.

tonyh
20-11-2005, 10:26 PM

But as it's Audi... massive depreciation will follow, so maybe a good used buy in a couple of years.

I fear it might be 3 yrs instead of 2 , Sy. This car is real deal.

ric355
20-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Does the RS6 depreciate much? I didn't think it did.

tonyh
20-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Does the RS6 depreciate much? I didn't think it did.

Ric,
04 RS6 saloon , private sale is about 39k. 60k ish when new :shocked:

a7see
20-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Ric,
04 RS6 saloon , private sale is about 39k. 60k ish when new :shocked:
Blimey....that's more than 20K depreciation in a year....:shocked: ..think I'll just stick with depreicaition free driving......or near depreciation free driving...:D

tonyh
21-11-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.adamo.me.uk/RS4.wmv

F328NVL
22-11-2005, 12:41 PM

Had the old RS4 - The only new car I ever made money on. P/ex it after a year and 7,500 miles for more than new list against an Aston that was itself only a year old. OK the old RS4 was limited to some number or other and this one isn't, but can't say the same of any other car I've owned.

Yes, I do have a deposit down (since it was announced in around March), no I'm not sure I want one.

mal
28-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Blimey....that's more than 20K depreciation in a year....:shocked: ..think I'll just stick with depreicaition free driving......or near depreciation free driving...:D

Dealers are talking 37/40K as a trade in for my RS6 with 43K miles. It is 3 months short of 3 years old - so depreciation of 33% in that time is pretty low. If you choose to buy new you have to expect to loose 40 to 50% in three years.

When Audi launched to RS6 they announced thay would only bring 600 into the UK. In reality they sold many more which has obviously not helped the resale. The previous RS4 and RS2 were kept at a limited run and therefore have held their value a lot better.

tonyh
28-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Dealers are talking 37/40K as a trade in for my RS6 with 43K miles. It is 3 months short of 3 years old - so depreciation of 33% in that time is pretty low. If you choose to buy new you have to expect to loose 40 to 50% in three years.

When Audi launched to RS6 they announced thay would only bring 600 into the UK. In reality they sold many more which has obviously not helped the resale. The previous RS4 and RS2 were kept at a limited run and therefore have held their value a lot better.

Mal,
the bid /offer spd seems quite wide on dealer advertised cars... i've seen an 04, 17k mile red saloon advertised privately @ 38k. Good price?

mal
28-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I guess it depends on what your trading in for. I initially had quote from Audi of 35K if they bought it outright, but they said they would offer nearly 40K if I traded in for another Audi. Trouble is Audi dont do anything that suits at the moment.

Other dealers are talking high 30's for a trade in.

Your 38K for a 17K miles version looks a good deal to me - you can still have mine if you want in march time - at whatever price the dealer offers me - I will probably be making a decision this side of xmas. But mine, whilst in perfect condition except for some scuffs on the wheels, is a much higher mileage car.

JRS
28-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Dealers are talking £37/40K as a trade in for my RS6 with 43K miles. It is 3 months short of 3 years old - so depreciation of 33% in that time is pretty low. If you choose to buy new you have to expect to loose 40 to 50% in three years.

Sold my 03 4 months ago for £34k to the trade ( 25000 miles ). I dont think the RS6 market is as strong as you think.

tonyh
28-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks gents.
Mal,
i wld prefer a 04 car with at least a yr's warrnty left. I will be buying car outright as BM will go to a neighbour. It's all a bit academic at the mo as i still have to convince the mrs we need a RS6!

steve f
28-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks gents.
Mal,
i wld prefer a 04 car with at least a yr's warrnty left. I will be buying car outright as BM will go to a neighbour. It's all a bit academic at the mo as i still have to convince the mrs we need a RS6!
who is the boss in your house ??????????:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JRS
28-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks gents.
Mal,

RS6 and 360CS will make nice stable partners !!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tonyh
28-11-2005, 09:52 AM
RS6 and 360CS will make nice stable partners !!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wld be nice, eh? ;)

mal
28-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Sold my 03 4 months ago for 34k to the trade ( 25000 miles ). I dont think the RS6 market is as strong as you think.

As I said above, my Audi dealer offered me 35K a month ago as a straight purchase.

All the figures above are what I have been offered, when do the deal I will let you know what I get.

At the end of the day 34, 37K its not the end of the world when I have had 3 years of such a great all round car. If you buy new you have to expect these figures.

A308 MAN
28-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Car looked immense on Top Gear tonight. Wish i didn't need a bigger car and it wasn't 50k :(
is this one cheap enough, tony ?

tonyh
28-11-2005, 02:35 PM
is this one cheap enough, tony ?

Can u stick a deposit down pls m8??:grin:

A308 MAN
28-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Can u stick a deposit down pls m8??:grin:
what happeneed to the pic ?

i rang the instant the paper came thro' the letterbox.
err ... sorry ... err ... mistake.
the same car then appeared a week or two later:

tonyh
28-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Slight difference :)

A308 MAN
28-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Slight difference :)
not to a man of your calibre ? :wink3: :thumbsup: :wink3:

tonyh
28-11-2005, 02:55 PM
not to a man of your calibre ? :wink3: :thumbsup: :wink3:

EVEN to a man of my alleged calibre :grin:

Stewart 430 Scud
28-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Audi are letting me have a RS4 for the weekend, little do they know that i am of to Belgium on Friday for my annual booze run.

Hope they were not trying to keep the mileage low:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

steve f
28-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Audi are letting me have a RS4 for the weekend, little do they know that i am of to Belgium on Friday for my annual booze run.

hope you dont get caught as it will be the first one to be impounded by customs :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

tom
28-11-2005, 06:47 PM

When do you have to give it back? Would love to pop down and have a gander at it if I may?

KenC
28-11-2005, 07:46 PM

Might be best to ensure that the car is insured for abroad.

Stewart 430 Scud
28-11-2005, 08:11 PM
When do you have to give it back? Would love to pop down and have a gander at it if I may?

i'll give you a call Tom.

tom
28-11-2005, 09:35 PM
i'll give you a call Tom.
Brilliant, I'm away Sat but back Sunday midday-ish if you're around then.

tom
01-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Not really RS4 news, but here's some new tweaks for the rest of the Audi range too. Particularly like the 'challenge' style wheels on the A3 in the article.

http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=12589

KenC
05-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Stewart how was the car? Is it worth North of 50k with extras? I picked up a brochure today and the dealer said that it would be spring 2007 before he could supply a saloon or an Avant due to the very limited supply.

KenC
08-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Bump, to bring back to your attention Stewart.

spidermanUK
08-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Stewart how was the car? Is it worth North of 50k with extras? I picked up a brochure today and the dealer said that it would be spring 2007 before he could supply a saloon or an Avant due to the very limited supply.
Is it the one that lists at 49980?

tom
09-12-2005, 12:33 AM
http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/RS_4_Price_List.pdf

Not sure if that's an accurate representation of what you'd pick up in a dealer.. Ken, Stewart?

KenC
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/RS_4_Price_List.pdf

Not sure if that's an accurate representation of what you'd pick up in a dealer.. Ken, Stewart?

Thats the one. I've got the hardback version of the brochure and the price list.

I was hoping to hear of some real driving experience. I'd like to change my daily driver and since I've decided to keep the 360 forever (at least as far as I can imagine) I will be upgrading. Options at the moment seem to be, in order of preference, a 911 C2S (available from May 2005), Audi RS4 (May 2007) or Beemer 6 Series (available as soon as I can write the cheque). So opinions required.

Stewart 430 Scud
11-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Thats the one. I've got the hardback version of the brochure and the price list.

I was hoping to hear of some real driving experience. I'd like to change my daily driver and since I've decided to keep the 360 forever (at least as far as I can imagine) I will be upgrading. Options at the moment seem to be, in order of preference, a 911 C2S (available from May 2005), Audi RS4 (May 2007) or Beemer 6 Series (available as soon as I can write the cheque). So opinions required.

Audi have messed up on the delivery dates of the car they were going to let me have for the weekend, so nothing to report untill they get back to me.

If i have nothing to do on the weekend i have it Ken i'll bring it down and we can take it for a spin.

KenC
11-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Audi have messed up on the delivery dates of the car they were going to let me have for the weekend, so nothing to report untill they get back to me.

If i have nothing to do on the weekend i have it Ken i'll bring it down and we can take it for a spin.

Thanks Stewart, that would be great.

Another dealer told me yesterday that he could get one for mid to late Q4 2006. Spend some time on the internet last night and found a well known broker advertising a 5%ish discount. I quickly registered my interest and made a phone call to be told that the discount was expected to be taken away by Audi on Monday. I made sure I printed the screen for potential future use. He also stated that delivery could be March. A UK Audi dealer should call be tomorrow to confirm pricing and delivery. I expect that this will be for a list price car in late 2006 but you never know.

Ravi 355
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Ken I have just been on the phone to Hitchin Audi as I am seriously considering buying one and they said they can have a car by summer of this year (June / July). Teir demonstrator is arriving in March. They want 1500 to secure a car fully refundable if after you see and drive the physical car in March you change your mind.

Depreciation wise, you need to bank on 33% over 3 years which at a 50K purhcase price gives 5.5k per year which is very acceptable. The dealer also said that their dealership only had an allocation of 1 per month so the depriciation may well be less.

tom
05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Ken I have just been on the phone to Hitchin Audi as I am seriously considering buying one and they said they can have a car by summer of this year (June / July). Teir demonstrator is arriving in March. They want 1500 to secure a car fully refundable if after you see and drive the physical car in March you change your mind.

Depreciation wise, you need to bank on 33% over 3 years which at a 50K purhcase price gives 5.5k per year which is very acceptable. The dealer also said that their dealership only had an allocation of 1 per month so the depriciation may well be less.
Hitchin Audi never phoned me back re: servicing my car, obviously a different story when you're offering them a big wedge of cash :).

Ravi 355
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Hitchin Audi never phoned me back re: servicing my car, obviously a different story when you're offering them a big wedge of cash :).

Looks that way Tom. I called and got put through tot he sales guy. Had a bunch of questions which he went and got answers to and called me straight back. You have to factor in that he is probably doing bugger all at the moment thought as this is the worst time of years for car sales :grin:

KenC
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Audi Mayfair can get one for August although they do not know when they will have a demonstrator. I know that its all speculation on the depreciation front but Autocar and What Car are quoting 55% depreciation in 3 years. On that basis it would be cheaper to run a 911S! I suspect it will be less. I have been looking at Glass's today to see the history of the old RS4 but it does not appear to be listed.

tom
05-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks that way Tom. I called and got put through tot he sales guy. Had a bunch of questions which he went and got answers to and called me straight back. You have to factor in that he is probably doing bugger all at the moment thought as this is the worst time of years for car sales :grin:
Good point :).

Aylesbury Audi left an RS4 brochure on my passenger seat this evening... :wink3:

Shame I can't afford one...

Ravi 355
06-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Audi Mayfair can get one for August although they do not know when they will have a demonstrator. I know that its all speculation on the depreciation front but Autocar and What Car are quoting 55% depreciation in 3 years. On that basis it would be cheaper to run a 911S! I suspect it will be less. I have been looking at Glass's today to see the history of the old RS4 but it does not appear to be listed.

55% is a bit steep. I am waiting for a phone call back from Audi UK re production / allocation numbers. the old RS4 had a finite number produced and given it had Turbo's was very tunable for little money so I don't think it's a good comparison against the new RS4. From what I have gathered so far Audi will produce circa 400 cars a year for the UK, but do not have a finite number of cars in mind like the previos version, so will be hit harder by depreciation.

Ravi 355
06-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Good point :).

Aylesbury Audi left an RS4 brochure on my passenger seat this evening... :wink3:

Shame I can't afford one...

Can you do me a favour Tom and bring it along next week. They reckoned they had run out of them when I spoke to them yesterday.

tom
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Can you do me a favour Tom and bring it along next week. They reckoned they had run out of them when I spoke to them yesterday.
I don't think it's the one prospective buyers would be given, having had a look through it, it's just a few colourful photos and bit of technical splurge. I'll bring it anyway though.

KenC
06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't think it's the one prospective buyers would be given, having had a look through it, it's just a few colourful photos and bit of technical splurge. I'll bring it anyway though.

Ther is a hard back version which I have. Quite an expensive brichure.

tom
06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Ther is a hard back version which I have. Quite an expensive brichure.
Yes, I thought I'd remembered someone posting a photo of it on here at some point.

Ravi 355
12-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Got an update from Audi re production numbers for the RS4. The dealer is telling me they will produce 1500 cars for the UK over the next 2 years. They will then cease production as the new shape A4 will be out. He told me the current shape had been around since 2001, but that doesn't seem right to me, can anyone confirm it?

KenC
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Got an update from Audi re production numbers for the RS4. The dealer is telling me they will produce 1500 cars for the UK over the next 2 years. They will then cease production as the new shape A4 will be out. He told me the current shape had been around since 2001, but that doesn't seem right to me, can anyone confirm it?

It was either 2001 or 2000 for the saloon. I had an 02/02 A4 Avant which was launched in late 2001 which was sometime after the saloon.

tonyh
12-01-2006, 08:47 PM
RS4 is cover story in the month's EVO :thumbsup:

KenC
12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
RS4 is cover story in the month's EVO :thumbsup:

Yip. Got it. CS does well.

KenC
25-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Sat in an RS4 at Maidstone Audi on Friday. The seats really hug you tightly - more so than the sports seats in a 430 I was a passenger in today. It's probably too hard core a car for a daily driver for me.

LeeP
03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Been looking at the RS4. I'm fancying one as my next car :)

Friend of Cheeky
13-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Been looking at the RS4. I'm fancying one as my next car :)
Saw in Car mag yesterday that they're launching the Rs4 as a cabriolet and as well as saloon and estate. Cab is about 55k, estate 53k. cabriolet ould be good - it sounds great apparently

tom
26-03-2006, 06:40 PM
A chap on PH seems to have his RS4...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?p=1&f=86&t=254254&h=0

LeeP
26-03-2006, 09:26 PM
How nice is that. Yummy!