PDA

View Full Version : Very light scratch

Bromers
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Seems the 360 has picked up a very light scratch on the door - what's the best way of getting rid of it. Have seen a 'scratch remover' advertised in the Sunday Times ? Any good ?

Tried the clay bar but it didn't help ie the scatch is in the paint on sitting on top.

Also got some sticky residue left from my Le Mans stickers - what's the best solution to get rid of that ?

Cheers

Rick

A308 MAN
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
would you like me to call with the box of magic solutions on wed/thurs ?

Dave Z
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Seems the 360 has picked up a very light scratch on the door - what's the best way of getting rid of it. Have seen a 'scratch remover' advertised in the Sunday Times ? Any good ?

Tried the clay bar but it didn't help ie the scatch is in the paint on sitting on top.

Also got some sticky residue left from my Le Mans stickers - what's the best solution to get rid of that ?

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rick,
Pop down to Hellfords and get some AutoGlym intensive tar remover , that will remove the sticky stuff , The scratch remover products tend to be no better than some good old rubbing compound (G3 etc) .
Auto glym's paint renovater isn't too harsh on the paint , you could try that:thumbsup:

Stewart 430 Scud
02-09-2006, 12:36 PM

Cheers

Rick

Sell it:grin:

Jules
02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I've used a product called Quixx. Costs about 9 on ebay and does the job - its only paintwork anyway!

Princess Tone
02-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Auto glym's paint renovater isn't too harsh on the paint , you could try that:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is OK, had to use it on my car [not a Ferrari though] recently & did quite a good job.

Mind you, am sure I will have to get the whole car resprayed before I sell it :thumbsdow

Bromers
03-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Sell it:grin:

Thanks for all of your help, off to Halfords now.

Stew - might swap the 360 for a boat - it's not stopped raining for 2 weeks !!

Rick

steve f
03-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all of your help, off to Halfords now.

Stew - might swap the 360 for a boat - it's not stopped raining for 2 weeks !!

Rick
TVR owners love the rain it brings out the history of there cars when the carpets get wet and it stinks like an old boat soggy fibreglass :laugh: :laugh:

K Lo
19-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Bit late probably but I have this amazing stuff I was recommended from the states. I think its called wet sand 2000 or something; basically, it's sandpaper which you need to keep soaked before and during application and then you have some polishes to seal the paint again; sounds daunting but it does a great job. Will check what it's called plus where I got it and get back to you.