PDA

View Full Version : Paintshield Protective Film - a labour of love

Hud
13-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Have to tell you about the service and professionalism i received from the guys at Paintshield.

I put a call into Tom the owner of the business in Grantham yesterday morning. I explained that i had recently acquired my 360 and was very keen to get the paintwork protected whilst it was in a perfect state. With the forthcoming event at Wicksteeds I was also mindfull that the car would get some use and thought it more than likely that some spirited driving would take place at some point over the weekend. Tom was more than obliging and suggested that i come over straight away and he would fit me in.

This is not the first car i have had film on, so i am more than aware of the benfits and possible downsides that it can offer. Tom talked a good story about how his business was different to some of the others in the industry - and that he wouldnt let my car out until he and i were completely satisfied. Now i am always sceptical when people offer sweeping statements - probably down to having trained salespeople for a number of years! So anyway, I thought i would save judgement until the end.

Paintshield as a company are based in the US, and Tom has set himself up as a Uk distributor, fitter and training centre for any franchises. As you would expect being the head office - he has to make sure that everything that leaves his workshop is 100% good. He has a very impressive customer list including Aston Marton,Porsche, Ferrari Club Fiorino and more. So i was comfortable in letting him tackle my car.

I arrived there at 2.30pm and was welcomed by Tom straight away. I was shown to an area where i could use the internet, read magazines play computer games and so forth. Tom is truly a car nut himself - even the toilet seat has racing cars running round inside it. Toms big passion is Jap cars but i will excuse him for that.

My car was washed straight away and the car examined for chips, marks,etc.

The details and model of the car are then entered into a computer which has a program that automatically cuts sections of film that will fit the car to perfection.

Water is then sprayed onto the vehicle allowing the film to slide prior to it being squeedgeed and stretched into shape. This process is by no means easy - there are so many different angles on a panel that the film really has to go in angles that it wouldnt naturally do. This part really is tricky and requires months and months of training. It is not something to consider as a DIY job!!

Firsly the bonnet was covered, then the front valance and lastly the wings and the mirrors. Now at the part where the wings were being covered some imperfections in my paintwork were found - Basically the car had never been clay barred and there were some tar like deposits. Tom was reluctant to cover the full wing until the car was clay barred and the deposits removed. I then made a few phonecalls, and got the car booked in for this. As a temporary measure Tom covered half the wings in effort to minimise any stone damage.

The car was finally finished at 9.30pm! Tom refused to charge me until i returned to have the wings finished and my side skirts done.

The finished item is absolutely outstanding and i have to congratulate Tom and his team on the professionalism of his business and their efforts towards customer care and satisfaction. Outstanding!

I also attach some images of a 355 that was being done. In a previous thread it was mentioned that they were a difficult car to do for some of Toms competitors. This is absolute codswallop - you just need to be good at what you do (and Paintshield are).

paintshield
13-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the Kind words Rob much appreciated

Just For Spiderman here are a few more 355 Pics Rob Got there first as I had forgotten my camera again yesterday (seems to happen whenever a 355 is in) however I took some this morning) This is how any car done properly should look!:grin:

This Car Has the WHOLE front done Full Bonnet Full Wings and Bumper as well as Wing Mirrors

Cheers

Tom

steve f
13-09-2006, 10:03 AM
did spraying the water on your car hurt it :laugh: :laugh:

F1RGY
13-09-2006, 10:16 AM
I must admit i have never been interested in this sort of paint protection having seen and read of some really crap jobs .Now it seems there is a firm that actually does what it says it can do The pictures look really good and Rob your write up was both interesting and informative Rob you are very happy with your car can you update this thread from time to time ,let us know how it stands up to your spiritid driving M8:thumbsup: :thumbsup: RAY

Ps What did it cost ? PM me if you prefer

steve f
13-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I must admit i have never been interested in this sort of paint protection having seen and read of some really crap jobs .Now it seems there is a firm that actually does what it says it can do The pictures look really good and Rob your write up was both interesting and informative Rob you are very happy with your car can you update this thread from time to time ,let us know how it stands up to your spiritid driving M8:thumbsup: :thumbsup: RAY

Ps What did it cost ? PM me if you prefer
WARNING WARNING ray please re-read the process they WET WET WET the car before applying the clear film :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hazy
13-09-2006, 10:52 AM
good write up Rob, see Tom, I told you it was worth putting up with his bollox....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing it on Saturday mate.

The pic of the fitter with a hairdryer in his hand made me laugh...:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

paintshield
13-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Yea Rob Bottled out, on what he told me he was going to say about that Pic :)

LOL

Ravi 355
13-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks good and is definitely a viable alternative to having the from of the car resprayed each year. Out of curiosity Tom, will removing the film damage the paint? I was advised by my local Porsche centre not to get my RS done as after a while it starts to go yellow in appearance (i.e it looks crap) and can remove the paint when you take it off?

Is this a load of rubbish or true?

paintshield
13-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Looks good and is definitely a viable alternative to having the from of the car resprayed each year. Out of curiosity Tom, will removing the film damage the paint? I was advised by my local Porsche centre not to get my RS done as after a while it starts to go yellow in appearance (i.e it looks crap) and can remove the paint when you take it off?

Is this a load of rubbish or true?

OK The answer to this is Yes and no

Firstly OEM film that the manufacturers put on the cars is the cheapest nastiest stuff that money can buy and pretty much goes yellow while your putting it on LOL

What we fit is a Consumer product (completely different) and in fact we do Porsches GB's management flleet (and Have for two years) so if it was going to do this I think that would have stopped. We warranty it for 4 years aginst Yellowing cracking discolouration Peeling Lifting etc

As for removing Paint, this depends on whether it is a respray or not and whether that re-spray has been done correctly.

The product is guaranteed not to harm OEM paint in anyway as I was showing HUD yesterday, if the respray has been done following our recommendations, correct removal of film will NOT Pull Paint.

We have an advisory document which we send out to clients, regarding re-sprays (nothing a GOOD bodyshop should not do by default). This gives the client somewhere to go in the unlikely event that something does occur.

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Tom

ferrari-spider
13-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok i am having my front bumper resprayed in two weeks on the 355. I have this done every year.
I am always a little skeptical about dudes who shout very loud about how good there products are and how bad the opposition is. But ya know Rob if ya happy with what ya saw then thats a big thumbs up from me:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: #
So now lets talk pounds shillings and pence.......Paintsheild how much for a 355s front bumper by its self and also mow much for the front bumper and the lower bonnet and lights?.......please:dude:

ric355
13-09-2006, 06:13 PM
On the 355 do you put film over the daytime flasher lights (these are the small round ones at the bottom that everyone thinks are fog lights) or just leave them uncovered? They are notorious for getting cracked with stones and need all the help they can get.

paintshield
13-09-2006, 08:02 PM
On the 355 do you put film over the daytime flasher lights (these are the small round ones at the bottom that everyone thinks are fog lights) or just leave them uncovered? They are notorious for getting cracked with stones and need all the help they can get.

We have special film that covers these if required Normal Film will not stop them cracking we ship a 0.27 thick film in from the US to withstand the rigours of impact (think about the transferable properties of Kinetic energy and you will see why this heavy duty film is needed).

Cheers

Tom

paintshield
13-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Ok i am having my front bumper resprayed in two weeks on the 355. I have this done every year.
I am always a little skeptical about dudes who shout very loud about how good there products are and how bad the opposition is. But ya know Rob if ya happy with what ya saw then thats a big thumbs up from me:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: #
So now lets talk pounds shillings and pence.......Paintsheild how much for a 355s front bumper by its self and also mow much for the front bumper and the lower bonnet and lights?.......please:dude:

Hi Ring me at the office tommorrow and I will price the Job for you, as for the other comments, in this industry (as with others scepticism is healthy) I dont trash the opposition, however I do feel that poor quality and bad customer service gets the whole industry a bad name and I do react badly to that when I see it, because it puts consumers off the concept and makes all our jobs harder.

As for shouting about how good you are, well If you are the best at what you do (as many of you on here must be to afford the wheels you have) why not say so :)

Best is best rest is nowhere :)

Cheers

Tom

ric355
13-09-2006, 08:21 PM
We have special film that covers these if required Normal Film will not stop them cracking we ship a 0.27 thick film in from the US to withstand the rigours of impact (think about the transferable properties of Kinetic energy and you will see why this heavy duty film is needed).

Cheers

Tom

Sure, I expected it would need to be thicker.

Available as a self install kit for just the daytime flashers? Wouldn't be logical to travel all that way for such a small job.

spidermanUK
13-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Tom

It sounds like quite a number of "our own" are happy with your Company's work, which is a good start!

IMO Mr Hudson's previous car was not done well, but I'm fussy, as I think I'm entitled to be when someone charges me good money and fails to live up to their claims!

I would very much like to see a 355 front end that your Company has worked on, the pics that Rob very kindly posted up show very little..........which is 1/2 the battle! I want the film to be as inconspicuous as possible. This on the other hand makes it very difficult to ascertain where you stop applying the film. TBH my previous supplier suggested that they would trim the film around the indicators and front flashers, which I've flatly refused. IMO it's pointless to leave substantial areas uncovered as sod's law dictates that those will be the 1st parts to get hit!

Is there a chance that one of "your" 355s will be at Wicksteed? I think it would be a great opportunity to showcase your work to a moderately large receptive audience, particularly as I've made public the problems I've had to date! I'm still awaiting a satisfactory resolution with my car , failing which, I shall issue proceedings in the County Court. One advantage of having the time to surf the Net all day is having the time to pursue wrongdoers:wink3:

ferrari-spider
13-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Ring me at the office tommorrow and I will price the Job for you, as for the other comments, in this industry (as with others scepticism is healthy) I dont trash the opposition, however I do feel that poor quality and bad customer service gets the whole industry a bad name and I do react badly to that when I see it, because it puts consumers off the concept and makes all our jobs harder.

As for shouting about how good you are, well If you are the best at what you do (as many of you on here must be to afford the wheels you have) why not say so :)

Best is best rest is nowhere :)

Cheers

TomWhy cant ya tell me how much on here then:huh: :huh: I am not the only one who wants to know. Just tell me how much dude.:dude:

F1RGY
13-09-2006, 08:45 PM
They will really be wanting to do your car Clive ,not :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Radders
13-09-2006, 09:16 PM
need this doing on my 360 will be over in Lincoln sometime in the next few weeks. can you do this on weekends?

JRS
13-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Why cant ya tell me how much on here then:huh: :huh: I am not the only one who wants to know. Just tell me how much dude.:dude:

Chaa

My car was done by a company called "Auto Asylum" in maidenhead and Paul did an outstanding job. Very much as Rob described he was extremely careful and took the better part of a day to make it perfect.

The paint shield product is spot on and many have seen my car and commented on the great job.

Highly recommended and cost 587.50 for half bonnet, wings and bumper.

ferrari-spider
13-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for that JRS:thumbsup: I am going to get it done after the spray job, but it were;)

paintshield
13-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Why cant ya tell me how much on here then:huh: :huh: I am not the only one who wants to know. Just tell me how much dude.:dude:

I talk to all my clients personally, additionally, There is a discount structure off the pricing that is going to be posted by the mods and I dont want to pre-empt that, If you want us to do your car pick up the phone and talk to me I am not a market trader and hard pricing discussions in forums is something we typically do not do :) (No offence intended to market traders).

Pricing will vary as to whether we come to you or you come to us, or whether you have one component or everything we do, or whether you want a specific area done, that we currently do not do (Rob picked up on a point that everyone in the industry has missed on the 360) we even get asked to cover the whole car occassionally.

I am sorry if this seems vague its not meant to be it is just how we work.

Now that we have so many options (even more being done for the 355 which will include the whole of the lower side section below the side panel break) That discussing all the options on here for all Ferraris just becomes ludicrous.

If anyone wants a price its easy enough to pick up the phone 01476 592777

We answer the phones up untill 10 at night except number withelds (usually competitors or Hokey stockbrokers from NY) so please make sure you are showing your number else it will go to voicemail.

Best Wishes

Tom

paintshield
13-09-2006, 11:39 PM
need this doing on my 360 will be over in Lincoln sometime in the next few weeks. can you do this on weekends?

Yes by Prior arrangement (we only do this for Club Members and Existing customers)

We have to really love you to come in on Sunday and you better bring Pizza and beer :)

LOL

paintshield
13-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Sure, I expected it would need to be thicker.

Available as a self install kit for just the daytime flashers? Wouldn't be logical to travel all that way for such a small job.

Yeah I can work out a club price and if the Club wants to sell them on to make a few bob I can sort something out (Can a Mod give me a bell on this)

for these you will need to know how to use a hairdryer though (best feed you are ever going to get HUD) :)

Cheers

Tom

ferrari-spider
13-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Now that we have so many options (even more being done for the 355 which will include the whole of the lower side section below the side panel break) That discussing all the options on here for all Ferraris just becomes ludicrous.
I did not ask ya nothin about ALL ferrari did i? Just a quote on what i asked.
Anyways never mind, moving on:thumbsup:

Fraccie
13-09-2006, 11:55 PM
I talk to all my clients personally, additionally, There is a discount structure off the pricing that is going to be posted by the mods and I dont want to pre-empt that, If you want us to do your car pick up the phone and talk to me I am not a market trader and hard pricing discussions in forums is something we typically do not do :) (No offence intended to market traders).

Pricing will vary as to whether we come to you or you come to us, or whether you have one component or everything we do, or whether you want a specific area done, that we currently do not do (Rob picked up on a point that everyone in the industry has missed on the 360) we even get asked to cover the whole car occassionally.

I am sorry if this seems vague its not meant to be it is just how we work.

If anyone wants a price its easy enough to pick up the phone 01476 592777

We answer the phones up untill 10 at night except number withelds (usually competitors or Hokey stockbrokers from NY) so please make sure you are showing your number else it will go to voicemail.

Best Wishes

Tom

Poppycock,"ludicrous" to discuss what your charges are?How much for the front of a 355?Simple question,surely you can answer that?

Without your "clients" bigging you up!

With all due respect Tom,you talk the talk,market traders do that,can you provide evidence and hard facts to substantiate your claims regarding your product on a 355?

Hazy
14-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Poppycock,"ludicrous" to discuss what your charges are?How much for the front of a 355?Simple question,surely you can answer that?

With all due respect Tom,you talk the talk,market traders do that,can you provide evidence and hard facts to substantiate your claims regarding your product on a 355?

you been drinking again dude??? Why so aggressive?:huh:

And "poppycock" aint been used since 1955 IIRC:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

My experience of Tom has been very positive, and his warranty stands up too, no quibble at all if you have a problem, which is more than can be said for most companies.

Just out of interest Ade, would you post yer haulage rates for all to see on a public forum???

No, me neither:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Tom

It sounds like quite a number of "our own" are happy with your Company's work, which is a good start!

IMO Mr Hudson's previous car was not done well, but I'm fussy, as I think I'm entitled to be when someone charges me good money and fails to live up to their claims!

I would very much like to see a 355 front end that your Company has worked on, the pics that Rob very kindly posted up show very little..........which is 1/2 the battle! I want the film to be as inconspicuous as possible. This on the other hand makes it very difficult to ascertain where you stop applying the film. TBH my previous supplier suggested that they would trim the film around the indicators and front flashers, which I've flatly refused. IMO it's pointless to leave substantial areas uncovered as sod's law dictates that those will be the 1st parts to get hit!

Is there a chance that one of "your" 355s will be at Wicksteed? I think it would be a great opportunity to showcase your work to a moderately large receptive audience, particularly as I've made public the problems I've had to date! I'm still awaiting a satisfactory resolution with my car , failing which, I shall issue proceedings in the County Court. One advantage of having the time to surf the Net all day is having the time to pursue wrongdoers:wink3:

I have no Idea Clive, the Car in the Photos is currently at Greypauls if you want to run up and check it out, I have asked that customer to come on here and he may already be lurking, however I believe it will not be back to us for the rear area work following repaint till sometime next week.

As for covering every single inch of every part of the car this is impracticable without Starting to take the car apart, pulling out Light arrays etc, something we violently avoid, we do (as Hud can tell you) lip over in areas on the front bumper (I trust I am understanding you right) however without talking to you in front of a car we have done, it is difficult to assess whether we address your particular concerns or not :(

There is a process called Vehicle wrapping which can take care of any exposed edge, however there are two downsides to this one it is VERY time consuming (consequently much more expensive if done properly) and WILL involve cutting somewhere on the car. It often also leaves a corner exposed on certain panels (like bonnets) We will not do this unless someone absolutely puts a gun to our heads and assumes ALL liabilities and has deep pockets.

IMHO the downsides of wrapping FAR outweigh the benefits, we have as you know from earlier threads, a design centre at Grantham and as Long as we have prior warning, we are flexible enough to design additional parts in areas that a client may feel needs additional protection, beyond that which we do as standard.

Best thing to do is take a run up to see us before that kit comes off and you can talk to Joe if he is around, about what you feel is needed and he can explain where our kit goes. There is no perfect solution to these issues (ours comes closer than most) however there are compromises that have to be made even with us.

Cheers

Tom

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 12:09 AM
you been drinking again dude??? Why so aggressive?:huh:

And "poppycock" aint been used since 1955 IIRC:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

My experience of Tom has been very positive, and his warranty stands up too, no quibble at all if you have a problem, which is more than can be said for most companies.

Just out of interest Ade, would you post yer haulage rates for all to see on a public forum???

No, me neither:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Nonsensical argument Adam,i do not tout my business on here.

How much for the front of a 355?

No aggression,no beer or anything else,it is a simple question?

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:40 AM

ERR HUD watched us do one or I was imagining it? He did post pictures As did I, sorry unless I am missing something here what else can I do?? I guess you can bring one up and twenty of you can stand and watch us do it or do you want me to video the next one we do and post that as well??

AS for our Clients "Bigging us UP err those clients are your fellow members are they not and have in some cases been on here for some time so how do you mean can I walk the walk I am not trying to convince you to come to us and frankly if you are not convinced by your own members who have been here I don't want you??

I dont see anything unreasonable about asking serious clients to pick up the phone and ask for a price and discuss their individual needs also on standard products (not full coverage kits) we have distributors around the country who sell our product on their own behalf, this kind of approach then pre-determines their pricing (which is discourteous to them in all honesty)

I said at the outset we are different in how we approach things, what is important is the quality of our work and the customer service and the warranty we put behind our work and true value for Money, as I said elsewhere on a thread, we have (and still do) invite occassional clients to shop elsewhere.

Frankly if people are serious about this (rather than indulging in idle banter) it seems appropriate to at least pick up the phone (or not). I have been on other forums where this kind of discussion devolves down to "How Much? I can get dodge it and Bodgeit to respray my car for less than that" <yawn> So frankly I do not get into this anymore.

Auto asylum are one of our independent distributors incidently so I cannot comment on that pricing and am unsure what the car was, I can tell you I would not have charged what clive was charged for an industry Standard Kit (before club discounts) and yes we would have done a better job with a better warranty FACT!

In the Last 10 Days we have had eight Ferraris alone through our Unit One of them Huds, if you are going to See Red we will have (all things being equal) a Full frontal Kit on a Ferrari on the Graypaul Stand have a look for yourself (may not be a 355 though) more likely a 360 or 430 I would imagine.

we have done 3 Carrera GTs (one of them in JCT 600 groups showroom in leeds) in the last month alone Value Nearly a mils worth of cars Want to guess how many we have done for Porshce GB? I have frankly nothing to prove, I said a 355 was not hard to do and HUD saw I was right:) on an Average week we do about 15 New porkers for instance. Dont take this the wrong way a 355 is a great car but from the perspective of what we do its no big deal!

Cheers

Tom

I like it in here very spirited (just as well I am not a wimp I guess) :)

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Frankly if people are serious about this (rather than indulging in idle banter) it seems appropriate to at least pick up the phone (or not). so ya think i just want to engage in idle banter with you ey? You do a few of our cars and now ya balls have grown. "Serious" I am as serious as a hart atack dude. You can ring Rob or Hazy regarding if i am a messer or not.

steve f
14-09-2006, 09:57 AM
so ya think i just want to engage in idle banter with you ey? You do a few of our cars and now ya balls have grown. "Serious" I am as serious as a hart atack dude. You can ring Rob or Hazy regarding if i am a messer or not.
why ring rob/hazy and not me to see if you are a messer you know them two ****s will lie

paintshield
14-09-2006, 10:16 AM
so ya think i just want to engage in idle banter with you ey? You do a few of our cars and now ya balls have grown. "Serious" I am as serious as a hart atack dude. You can ring Rob or Hazy regarding if i am a messer or not.

I dont even know what the first line means TBH mind you I am an old F**t so no surprise there:) as For serious I dont know what that means either! I was responding in General terms as to our preference for direct communication with potential clients, rather than getting into the How much for this bit how much for that bit nonsense on the Forum. This has always stood me in good stead with clients and I see no good reason to change it.

We are going to be offerring a thumping discount to the club that will be honoured by our Distibutors and US thats the best I can do, as Prices WILL vary between work we undertake ourselves work done on behalf of a car dealer and work our sub Distributors might do (as I indicated above). Thats just the way it is.

The mistake people make in this business is they think its just about product it isnt, its about service (the product is just the reason any of us exist) Every product when it rolls off the machine is perfect and identical to the last, it can look radically different when on the car depending on whether the person who fits it knows what they are doing or is a complete muppet!! Stating a price on a board tells you nothing about the capabilities of the people undertaking the work!!

Cheers

Tom

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Frankly if people are serious about this (rather than indulging in idle banter)
You realy must be very old as you can even remember what YOU wrote:laugh:

Hazy
14-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I dont even know you I am serious I dont respond to clients, rather thumping the club people they is a complete muppet!!
Cheers

Tom

Tom, so your last post in shortened version for Chas....:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

p.s. Tom, Chas is a top dude:thumbsup:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 10:34 AM
You realy must be very old as you can even remember what YOU wrote:laugh:

MMMM apparrently not as old as you, as I (as you have shown above) referred to general behaviour and yet you have taken it as a personal slight :)

So who is the old F**t now:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

Tom

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok you have it becourse i cant be arsed to point out that all this started becours I asked the question of price on this forum. Anyways i will be going else were :thumbsup:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Tom, so your last post in shortened version for Chas....:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

p.s. Tom, Chas is a top dude:thumbsup:

Dont doubt it :)

But as you lot don,t seem to take prisoners, I reckon I better get into the groove as quick as possible :)

Cheers

Tom

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Dont doubt it :)

But as you lot don,t seem to take prisoners, I reckon I better get into the groove as quick as possible :)

Cheers

Tom

It would help Tom....:wink3:

For the record,i was not being critical of you,your product,your workmanship nor your after service.

Some of us on here do not have a bottomless pit of money and a ball park price for most things is required before we think about having work done to our cars....:thumbsup:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok you have it becourse i cant be arsed to point out that all this started becours I asked the question of price on this forum. Anyways i will be going else were :thumbsup:

Actually what I said was pick up the phone (you know thing with a handle connected to the wall usually) and talk to me (Hasy and Hud would tell you its worth it) however your choice to go elsewhere, if you want some potential muppet messing with your mota knock yourself out (plenty of work for everyone out there). I am now booked solid for the next four weeks Anyway :) mm wonder why (must be my warm and winning personality)? LOL

We are insured to work on your car you might want to enquire whether they are?

CHEERS

Tom

PS what car do you have incidentally? its listed irc as a mondial is that right?

Hud
14-09-2006, 10:50 AM

For the record,i was not being critical of you,your product,your workmanship nor your after service.

Some of us on here do not have a bottomless pit of money and a ball park price for most things is required before we think about having work done to our cars....:thumbsup:

So pick up the phone numb nuts. im sure tom will accept reverse call if youre that bloody poor.

steve f
14-09-2006, 10:52 AM

i have been told that sainsburys own brand of clingfilm is the best for paint protection

Hazy
14-09-2006, 10:53 AM
So pick up the phone numb nuts. im sure tom will accept reverse call if youre that bloody poor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: PMSL

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 10:57 AM

Can`t do that Rob,oh sage,as i have dementure...

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 10:59 AM
PS what car do you have incidentally? its listed irc as a mondial is that right?

You realy are trying to piss me of now arnt ya? tawt! How stupid are you? What ferrari model did i ask you to quote me on?? And what ferrari do you own??

steve f
14-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Rob what is the residual value of this paintshield stuff

Hud
14-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Rob what is the residual value of this paintshield stuff

Not sure M8. Worth finding out tho. They reckon people in Goole have had it fitted on their Laminate floors to minimise wear.

paintshield
14-09-2006, 11:05 AM

If I had been on here a little longer I would have put it as succinctly as you HUD LOL

The reason BTW that I asked about the car is on the classics NO one in the industry usually has a design, so we would have to probably do one off your car :) The industry is only about nine years old (we are typically the only people who will entertain designs on an older Top Marque (and usually the only ones capable) The 1958 Alfa Owner on the other thread probably thinks I am a T*** (most people do), however they love what we did for them and NO one else would touch it :)

Cheers

Tom

paintshield
14-09-2006, 11:06 AM
i have been told that sainsburys own brand of clingfilm is the best for paint protection

didnt think you were for one moment (not that sensitive) Yeah it will stop clingons I guess (might save you on Boxers):laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

Tom

paintshield
14-09-2006, 11:11 AM
You realy are trying to piss me of now arnt ya? tawt! How stupid are you? What ferrari model did i ask you to quote me on?? And what ferrari do you own??

Dont own one Have driven a lot (we collect cars for customers you see) Yes I am trying to piss you off :laugh:

Personally cos I am an old anal type I am more suited to the BFB seats in a Vanquish (52 is a hard year)

The reason I dont own one is guys who do own one keep telling me how skint they are and beating me up on price. However if its necessary for my credibility on here to have one I can Double my prices to you all and then I can come on here head held high how does that sound :)

Cheers

Tom

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Dont own one Have driven a lot (we collect cars for customers you see) Yes I am trying to piss you off :laugh:

Personally cos I am an old anal type I am more suited to the BFB seats in a Vanquish (52 is a hard year)

The reason I dont own one is guys who do own one keep telling me how skint they are and beating me up on price. However if its necessary for my credibility on here to have one I can Double my prices to you all and then I can come on here head held high how does that sound :)

Cheers

Tom

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Chas

Phone number is 01476 592777 call me and I will sort something for you

Cheers

Tom

Hud
14-09-2006, 11:23 AM

Cheers

Tom

I can confirm that tom is a FOB. He's a Geordie too:laugh: :laugh:

Hazy
14-09-2006, 11:30 AM
He's a Geordie too:laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh....that explains his funny accent....I just thought he was gay:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hud
14-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Ahhh....that explains his funny accent....I just thought he was gay:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mate, face it - anyone who is obsessed with clear film has to be:grin:

Lots of baby lotion about too i noticed:grin: :grin:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Mate, face it - anyone who is obsessed with clear film has to be:grin:

Lots of baby lotion about too i noticed:grin: :grin:

You didnt seem to complain to much when we greased YOUR banana HUD

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Tom you dont get my last responce do ya? Heres a clue dude. You will see bellow my MONDIAL:thumbsup:

spidermanUK
14-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Tom you dont get my last responce do ya? Heres a clue dude. You will see bellow my MONDIAL:thumbsup:
Ere mate! Do you know someone's nicked your back seats?:grin: :grin: :grin:

And you said London was a dodgy place to live, at least they only nick your wheels down here, not the bloody interior!:grin:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Problem was I was responding to two of you on the same thread about the same issue so being an old fat thick Geordie B******D I probably got confused between who I was responding to :) Toon army supporter what can you expect.

Easy done when you are me, Give me a call on your car and we will quote you a price for what you need doing. Otherwise you can always pop up and have a chat if you are out our way.

Cheers

Tom

Hud
14-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Problem was I was responding to two of you on the same thread about the same issue so being an old fat thick Geordie B******D I probably got confused between who I was responding to :) Toon army supporter what can you expect.

Easy done when you are me, Give me a call on your car and we will quote you a price for what you need doing. Otherwise you can always pop up and have a chat if you are out our way.

Cheers

Tom

Chas is far too chicken to call mate :laugh: :laugh: You will laugh if he does call - dead squeeky high pitched voice :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

spidermanUK
14-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Chas is far too chicken to call mate :laugh: :laugh: You will laugh if he does call - dead squeeky high pitched voice :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rob, have you seen that Sky's showing a Charles Bronson series, don't bother watching it mate, it seems you've made your own Deathwish!:grin: :grin: :grin:

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Chas is far too chicken to call mate :laugh: :laugh: You will laugh if he does call - dead squeeky high pitched voice :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:T wat...doing it now:mad: You know what makes me tick:wink3: Dont call me chicken Mo Fo!!!

Hud
14-09-2006, 12:22 PM
T wat...doing it now:mad: You know what makes me tick:wink3: Dont call me chicken Mo Fo!!!

Buk, Buk, Buk, Buk, Buk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chas is a chicken:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Buk, Buk, Buk, Buk, Buk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chas is a chicken:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Two insults to Chas in two days...:huh:

First you infer that he was a squaddie when,in fact,he was in the navy and now you call him chicken?

You either been on the brave tablets or the stupid juice....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:25 PM
So Do 355 owners suffer from phonophopia then???:laugh:

Just wondering?

Cheers

Tom

ferrari-spider
14-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Dont call me chicken:mad:

Hud
14-09-2006, 12:32 PM

First you infer that he was a squaddie when,in fact,he was in the navy and now you call him chicken?

You either been on the brave tablets or the stupid juice....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dimenture kicking in again captain.

I didnt mention squaddie, it may have been hazy?:)

Chas you got something hanging out yer @rse mate.:) :)

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Nice to Speak to you finally Chas

Cheers

Tom

steve f
14-09-2006, 12:39 PM
thats because he wears tight pants

paintshield
14-09-2006, 12:42 PM

MMM calling a Marine a matelot :grin: not sure if thats not a bigger insult than calling him a squaddie, boots wet brigade tend to be defensive about being called boat drivers in my experience LOL

Cheers

Tom

Hud
14-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Nice to Speak to you finally Chas

Cheers

Tom

bollox :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10 down the drain :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fraccie
14-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Bollox,ya ain`t classy enough for a Mondial...:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

ric355
14-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah I can work out a club price and if the Club wants to sell them on to make a few bob I can sort something out (Can a Mod give me a bell on this)

for these you will need to know how to use a hairdryer though (best feed you are ever going to get HUD) :)

Cheers

Tom

Sounds great - thanks for that. Look forward to hearing something. As I have a Berlinetta rather than a Spider I'll have to get Hud to show me how to use a hairdryer.

JRS
14-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Auto asylum are one of our independent distributors incidently so I cannot comment on that pricing and am unsure what the car was

My car is a Challenge Stradale and the job was half bonnet, wings, bumper and lower valance. It was a big job and they did a superb job. I believe that the price was very fair for the work performed and the job came with a full warranty and 1 year later it is still perfect. If I am upping them so be it , I reckon a good job deserves recognition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

paintshield
14-09-2006, 09:04 PM
My car is a Challenge Stradale and the job was half bonnet, wings, bumper and lower valance. It was a big job and they did a superb job. I believe that the price was very fair for the work performed and the job came with a full warranty and 1 year later it is still perfect. If I am upping them so be it , I reckon a good job deserves recognition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to here they did a good Job for you and to be honest that was a really good deal (F430 going Rate is about 800- 900 for an install at dealerships) Paul must have liked you a Lot :)

Cheers

Tom

johnny
03-11-2006, 08:28 PM
just been reading previous threads regarding price for film for 355 bumper, i went to the trouble of contacting tom and he gave me a qoute immediately! no trouble! all i did was email him and he foned me back straight away. im going to get the front bumper resprayed soon and wonder how long after can the film be applied? if tom or anyone from paintshield could let me know i would be greatfull, ps my right index finger is knackered with this exertion!

paintshield
03-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi

film can be applied on day eight following a respray :)

we have a bodyshop advisory document drop me an e-mail to remind me and I will send it on :)

if the bodyshop how any reservatos about what is in there run (dont walk) out he door :)

Cheers
Tom

Ps some of that was Chas an Fractious winding up another dumb grunt :)

Fraccie
06-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi

film can be applied on day eight following a respray :)

we have a bodyshop advisory document drop me an e-mail to remind me and I will send it on :)

if the bodyshop how any reservatos about what is in there run (dont walk) out he door :)

Cheers
Tom

Ps some of that was Chas an Fractious winding up another dumb grunt :)

Chas and me? Winding you up? Surely not...:grin:

RogerB
06-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks Tom for Saturday much appreciated - sorry not to get to meet you.

paintshield
07-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah sorry I missed you hopefully the Guys explained what the problem was , I trust they looked after your motor as I would expect?

Cheers

Tom

RogerB
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah sorry I missed you hopefully the Guys explained what the problem was , I trust they looked after your motor as I would expect?

Cheers

Tom

Well yes apart from the 240 miles added to the odometer whilst I went to lunch.

paintshield
08-11-2006, 07:32 PM
ROFLMAO you got off light then :) A Carrera Gt owner left his car with us for the day and went out with his wife we installed the car nipped up to Edinburgh for lunch and were back before he returned :)

Just kidding (or am I)?

Cheers

Tom

PS for anyone wondering how this works we have just posted a new page on the website about these full frontal jobs :)

http://www.xpeleu.com/full.php