PDA

View Full Version : Calling Dave Zymol

candellara
22-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Dave,

Obviously, there's plenty of members of CS that do or may take advantage of your highly skilled services.

However, i'm sure that there's also plenty of members that would like to give their pride and joy the Zymol treatment themselves. How about a detailed write up / tips + pictures on the complete process - from using a clay bar through to application of the wax?:thumbsup:

Sure loads of people would appreciate it - and i'm sure it wouldn't detract from the amount of custom you enjoy - only potentially add to it?

pdavison
22-09-2006, 11:32 AM
That would be great as this is what I intend to be doing to the GTC in October.

sweeni
22-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Why do you think Dave Zymol should explain to all and sundry how he earns his living? I f somebody came to my company and asked how do we install our products do you think I would tell them. I dont think so:thumbsdow
Dave earns a living by providing a service to us and he freely gives advice :thumbsup: but a full run down seems too much to ask IMO.
Your call Mr Zymol.

ric355
22-09-2006, 07:24 PM
It actually isn't all that difficult to do the Zymol part anyway. All you do is buy the stuff and follow the instructions.

Dave is skilled in the use of a rotary polisher and appropriate compounds, and unless you have large cahones or no brain, you shouldn't attempt this as an amateur. Use of the rotary is the key part of his paint correction service. No point in him explaining how he does that as you need a 500 paint thickness gauge to do it...

If you want to know how to apply Zymol, use clay bars, etc etc before buying the stuff, have a look on a detailing site such as www.autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org) - you can ask questions on the forum there if the info you're looking for isn't there. Also, if you search the archives you'll find Dave is happy to (briefly) explain the Zymol part on here and has done in the past.

pdavison
22-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks Richard ... that's the kind of info I was after, not to pinch anyone's trade secrets. :dude:

AmoCS
22-09-2006, 09:05 PM
if u call Dave he will give you help/tips over the phone:thumbsup:

All u need to do is jot it down:grin:

I'd never waxed b4, but after his help look at the results I got (see previous threads):smile:

Dave Z
22-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't have a problem giving tips and advice out old chap:thumbsup:
Thats what i'm here for.
I'm not keen on posting guides or instructions though , not for any other reason than , as blokes , we never read them any way:grin:
Pardon the pun , but Zymol is very much a hands on thing and you do get better at it the more you use it.
As Amo pointed out , I'd much rather you phone me the day your doing your car.
I find this works better as I can give you real time tips as you're actually working .
No two cars are the same and you'll come across imperfections and contaminations in the paint that may need slightly different techniques to correct.
If you have any basic questions , not just about Zymol but any areas of detailing , post them up and i'll answer them as quick as I can get access to a pc.
Cheers
Dave:thumbsup:

Just noticed this post is number 308 , nice number:grin: