PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tom... Paintshield v Ventureshield?

15hn
27-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Tom,

A mate of mine asked me how much I paid for PS to my car. He then told me that VS was substantially cheaper (even for more coverage). I advised him that PS was the best product on the market and that you have no ties to one particular product.

His question was how is your product better? He reckons its the same stuff but I've just paid a lot more for it. Could you kindly answer this question and perhaps compare the technical specification between the two products?

He sent me this link:-

http://www.showtrax.net/Car_Bodywork_Protection.html

Thanks,
Harry.

paintshield
30-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Hi Harry

Did you sell the car in the end then?

On technical specs as I have said on other forums and I believe on this one. I do not believe any in house generated or paid for technical (or so called independent) data from any film manufacturer.

As for Venture being cheaper (not best) this is actually not true in most cases. For instance check out what one user on here paid for a 355 install (ventureshield thread). Individual one man band operations working from home with no overheads and no assets at risk may be cheaper occassionallly, however as they probably carry no insurance and have nothing to go after when they screw up your car, how much of a saving would that be (even if they were cheaper). As I have said before you get what you pay for in life we do more cars in a month than most venture dealers do in a year, 35 next week alone. frankly I cant imagine many of you on here use Turtlewax on your cars (probably Zymol or Swissol) so price is clearly not the primary governing factor when it comes to looking after a top marque.

You are quite correct we are not tied to ANY film manufacturer we evaluate film from all film suppliers ourselves. they all do a decent enough job of stopping stonechips. There is not an industry accepted test regime that is independent that can tell anyone which film is better from a kinetic impact standpoint (gravelometer test the accepted standardised test tops out at 60MPH).

I have masses of tech data from 3M that proves it is the best around (and from Bekaert, and Avery and Venture). I do not accept any of it, let me illustrate. The so called independent testing was carried out (in most part as far as I can see) from paid contractors that ventureshield commissioned (it was also based on old technology film from 3M and the film has been upgraded 3 times since then). Ergo the tests are irrellevant to all practical purposes, for making current evaluation possible. We therefore go from our own results (which we do not publish). What we do instead is offer the no fail warranty which no film manufacturer will offer you (ask why). We are confident in doing this ONLY with the 3m PRODUCT although I MIGHT be persuaded to offer it on the new Avery clearcoated product.

Also Ventureshield is a non clearcoated film and as I explained to you over the phone , we will not use non clearcoated films under any circumstances. in fact almost all the manufacturers of NON clearcoated have changed or are about to change to a clearcoated product (at least one being released at Sema) so even the film manufacturers themselves agree with me. A couple of the guys who hang out on here have seen what happens with non clearcoated film over two years (I have samples on my wall at the office). Or just check out why paintshield on our website and see the pictures for yourself. Every film manufacturer in production at that time was represented on the test vehicle and the only one not visible at the end of the test was 3M!!

As far as coverage is concerned, Ventureshield cannot currently even come close to our coverage on a pre-cut basis so that statement on them being cheaper even on more coverage is typical BS, as they do not have the ability (to my knowledge) to do full coverage frontal kits. This is not unusual of the kind of things we hear incidentally.

There are photographs of several vheicles on here that are completely covered forward of the a Pillars at the front, check their on line database and see if they can do that????

Venture film is cheaper to buy than 3M, so they should be able to be cheaper, but strangely they rarely ever seem to be, coverage for coverage. Also we never ever take a knife to the paintwork or trim on the paint in any way, the standard of our installations (paintshield in house), is vastly superior to anything that is currently on offer. If their product was superior would they not also offer a no fail warranty???

The sportrax information (replicated on other sites) is really old data, if they realy believe it is better, get the BSI or Dera to do true ballistic tests and UV and discolouration tests etc. Also ask why the ASA got them to pull an ad, the last time they claimed that the film was more resilient than "the leading competitor" commonly believed to be 3M (search the ASA website under Ventureshield). Something that no one else in this industry has ever had to do.

This is not an attempt to diss the competition (it really is not) however the fact is that all this stuff, is BS, from all the film companies and you shoud disregard any of these claims, wherever they come from unless backed up by the BSI. Which is why we put our money where our mouth is on the warranty, so you can have confidence in the product we put on your car.

Sorry this is so long but you asked a complex question in a very simpistic way (which is commendabe).

Best Wishes

Tom

ferrari-spider
30-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Well my 355 is one of the 35 cars that Tom is doing next week:thumbsup: And you all know i am an acward sod to satisfy:grin: But i have a good feeling that all will be well with my paintsheild install:thumbsup:

paintshield
01-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Well my 355 is one of the 35 cars that Tom is doing next week:thumbsup: And you all know i am an acward sod to satisfy:grin: But i have a good feeling that all will be well with my paintsheild install:thumbsup:

HI I have the Lavender pink floral embossed special film waiting here ready for you :)

Cheers

Tom

paintshield
01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
HI This is the kind of Technical feedback we use :) We have lots of this as well as our own data the fact is how much tougher does this stuff have to be :)

Cheers

Tom

From one of our clients (Name and address withheld)

You may remember we met at Eynsham and Ann fitted film to the bumper of my
997 at Sutton Coldfield the following week.

Well I've just returned from a trip to Germany (in the car of course) and can report that bumper protection works just fine. On the way over a lorry on a Dutch motorway shed a tyre and a piece of flying rubber hit the car at around 75 mph. There is no way I can be sure that the paint would have been damaged without the film but I was relieved on later inspection to see that the point of impact was confined to the bumper (see picture) and even more relieved that it wiped off with just moderate pressure.

Regards,

ferrari-spider
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I hope i will be able to wipe away the scuff marks of all the 360s that i nudge out a the way:grin:

paintshield
01-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I hope i will be able to wipe away the scuff marks of all the 360s that i nudge out a the way:grin:

Only if you use the vaseline :)

LOL

Harry heres a post off one of the 350Z forums to check out

http://www.350z-uk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4346&highlight=paintshield

15hn
03-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Tom,

Thanks for this. I spoke with him and as its only a DB9 I suggested he use cling film.:laugh:

Ive passed on your posts and contact details on to him.

Thanks,
Harry.

paintshield
04-10-2006, 12:25 AM
HI Harry

Point him at this as well so he can say when I talk about our own testing he can see that I am not talking BS :) also I wish I could tell you whose Vanquish S we did today:( oh god I would love to shout about that one :) never going to happen though :(

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8934

cheers

Tom

RogerB
04-10-2006, 11:38 AM
HI Harry

Point him at this as well so he can say when I talk about our own testing he can see that I am not talking BS :) also I wish I could tell you whose Vanquish S we did today:( oh god I would love to shout about that one :) never going to happen though :(

Tom

Tom stop bragging!! See you a week Saturday!

paintshield
04-10-2006, 09:31 PM
HEHEHE actually I studiousy ignored the post till it was bumped then I had to disclose it LOL

However now you all know might as well flaunt it :)

Looking forward to seeing you.

Best Wishes

Tom

sim
19-10-2006, 10:13 AM
They claim to be better than 3m admittedly in 2004...any comments of the tests?
http://www.rhinoprotect.co.uk/

paintshield
19-10-2006, 10:37 AM
LOL I addressed this elsewher, however a couple of things firstly: We do not have to use 3M film to stay in business, as we design ourselves, therefore our business model is independent of ANY raw material supply. We have tested ALL the available raw materials on the market and in our testing 3M comes out streets ahead of anything else.

As it costs me more than any other raw material on the market and I still have to be competitive, then if Venture were better, I would be putting it on your car (more margin brings me closer to my FCar). :) The tests that they have on there, were sponsored (not independent as claimed) bought and paid for by Venture, to the best of ny Knowledge and were (If true) based on product several years old and from the spec that I can see were the OEM product (not the significantly better consumer product).

They also say that a clearcoated film (as with 3M) is not needed in Europe (thats all they currently have to sell) and have been rubbishing my statements on this matter for some time, interestingly they are now releasing a new clearcoated film (US only), but will continue for the time being to sell this single ply stuff here in Europe :(

The only comparative film testing I will accept from anyone, is that done By the BSI or The Federal Standards Agency, which interestingly none of the Film Manufacturers have done in the last 10 years. Its not just about the Film however, its also about the warranties and The skill of installers, as well as the nature of the designs, do a search on here under Ventureshield and ask yourself if you really want to turn these people loose on your POJ, then do a search on here for us and see what the feedback is.

Rhino have only been installing since the start of this year (to my knowledge) so their experience is going to be relatively limited.

Finally ask any of the competition if they will do a no failure guarantee on their product? If they do then do a deep search on directors history to make sure they are good for it. If their film is truly better, should they not offer you a no failure warranty as we do? (Not talking about yellowing lifting cracking shrinkage etc which we ALL offer) talking about actual penetration.

Cheers

Tom

paintshield
19-10-2006, 10:58 AM
This is typical of the kind of work standard we have

It Has Full wings, Full Bonnet, Bumper, Sills, Wing Mirrors, etc

OK I know its almost sacrilige posting this here, but there are F cars done like this by us on here (Bracing For a good Kicking for this from Ade, Hud, Hazy, Chas Et al :) and it is different :)

Cheers

Tom

Hud
19-10-2006, 11:04 AM

OK I know its almost sacrilige posting this here, but there are F cars done like this by us on here (Bracing For a good Kicking for this from Ade, Hud, Hazy, Chas Et al :) and it is different :)

Cheers

Tom

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

paintshield
19-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I can feel the "Get him behind the bike sheds vibe Hud" :)

LOL

Fraccie
19-10-2006, 11:16 AM

Cheers

Tom

Not at all Tom,bloody nice car.Who do you sub-con the film fitting to?...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hud
19-10-2006, 11:18 AM
I can feel the "Get him behind the bike sheds with a vibe " :)

LOL

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Anyone who plays with clingfilm for a living cant be right :)

paintshield
19-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Not at all Tom,bloody nice car.Who do you sub-con the film fitting to?...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bunch of Pikeys that were round the estate looking for work Ade, they did a great job but I think the owner may notice the big hole where the engine once was :)

Cheers

Tom

sim
19-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for your reply. What is your price for a 355 front bumper, that strip above it and mirrors? Also where you are based etc.

paintshield
19-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi give me a call on 01476 592777 and we can discuss pricing and Logistics (I never discuss pricing in open forum :)

Cheers

Tom

Hazy
19-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Tom, Zymol Dave has just done the paintwork correction process on me spider, it looks so shiny it aint true....you best have some super smooth super shiny film to stick on it dude:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
19-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey Tom, Zymol Dave has just done the paintwork correction process on me spider, it looks so shiny it aint true....you best have some super smooth super shiny film to stick on it dude:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Hazy
I have a hundred foot of tesco clingfilm ready and waiting for you LOL

Cheers

Tom

Hazy
19-10-2006, 02:25 PM
and an orange to bite on under my gimp mask????:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

paintshield
19-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Roflmao