PDA

View Full Version : 360 finishing details

t1grm
23-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I have a few cosmetic things that are bugging me on my 360 which I wondered if I could have your input on how to make good, without replacing the parts in question.

1. The black plastic triangles at the base of the wing mirrors are faded slightly

2. The rear challenge grill is looking a bit dull and has a white blushing effect in patches.

3. The silver finish has partly worn off the interior trim pieces (particularly the door pockets and heating controls surround) on the corners to reveal brownish-yellow plastic underneath.

Anyone got any ideas on how to bring these items back to looking like new?

Angelis
23-11-2005, 06:02 PM
You got any pics?

360trev
23-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I have a few cosmetic things that are bugging me on my 360 which I wondered if I could have your input on how to make good, without replacing the parts in question.

1. The black plastic triangles at the base of the wing mirrors are faded slightly

2. The rear challenge grill is looking a bit dull and has a white blushing effect in patches.

3. The silver finish has partly worn off the interior trim pieces (particularly the door pockets and heating controls surround) on the corners to reveal brownish-yellow plastic underneath.

Sounds like a right off, I'll give you 10 euro's for it :)

Try 'http://www.eurospares.co.uk'... may find some replacement parts easier than trying to fix 'em up!

Trev

t1grm
24-11-2005, 02:46 PM
You got any pics?

Not handy but I can get some up at the weekend.

t1grm
24-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a right off, I'll give you 10 euro's for it :)

Try 'http://www.eurospares.co.uk'... may find some replacement parts easier than trying to fix 'em up!

Trev

Oi No! :D Actually most people wouldn't even notice. I'm just a bit anal when it comes to attention to detail.

I'm too tight spend any money on actual parts so unless it-s a fix em upper they can stay as they are! :D

360trev
18-04-2006, 03:58 PM

A tip I discovered from the trade is B&Q charcoal barbeque spray. I haven't done this myself but a mechanic (over 13yrs working on Ferrari's, factory approved) swore by this. Said he'd seen the results and was astonished, looked factory new. Also incredibly cheap and easy to do. Just unbolt it from the car and sand it down lightly (so the paint keys). Trick to doing this is to lightly paint it in stages, allowing it to go slightly dry each stage, thus avoiding any runs.

Trev

Bromers
18-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I use Tesco's tyre stuff and spray it on the black bits inc grill - its only 1 ish and lasts a while plus you can use it on your tyres to give it that wet look. Once you've sprayed it on just give it a quick wipe with a clean cloth so it doesn't attract the dust.

Rick

GrahamS
18-04-2006, 06:42 PM

Easiest method is to just pop down top Halfords and buy a bottle of their black polish. Slap it on and it's like new again. And because it's black you don't have to spend a fortnight trying to get the polish out of all the holes :thumbsup:

Dale
18-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Easiest method is to just pop down top Halfords and buy a bottle of their black polish. Slap it on and it's like new again. And because it's black you don't have to spend a fortnight trying to get the polish out of all the holes :thumbsup:

:D