PDA

View Full Version : 1st Attempt - Clay bar / Cleanse / Zymol

pdavison
08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Yesterday I had my first go and using a clay bar, HD Cleanse and Zymol wax and I think the results are pretty impressive. I've only done the bonnet so far but the rest will follow.

Here's a couple of pics ...

steve f
08-10-2006, 08:16 AM
thays the best way to do it a panel a time then you know where you are and dont rush when you get to the last few panels and spoil it next month :laugh: :laugh:

A308 MAN
08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
thays the best way to do it a panel a time ....

I tend to disagree with our in house "brain of britain", Paul.
I would personally wash, clay, cleanse and wax, all within a twenty four hour period.
Remember that once the car is washed, mr. grit and mr. dust particle become very attracted to your pride and joy ... there is then a danger that these horrors could then be polished back into your paintwork with further processes .... however, once the car is waxed mr. dust and his pals simply slide off.

:cheers: d

ps ... car looks superb.

steve f
08-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I tend to disagree with our in house "brain of britain", Paul.
I would personally wash, clay, cleanse and wax, all within a twenty four hour period.
Remember that once the car is washed, mr. grit and mr. dust particle become very attracted to your pride and joy ... there is then a danger that these horrors could then be polished back into your paintwork with further processes .... however, once the car is waxed mr. dust and his pals simply slide off.

ps ... car looks superb.

hey no brain once he does a panel at a time that panel is waxed so that kicks out your brainless suggestions so how does MR grit/dust get under the wax please read before butting in on my posts old man

A308 MAN
08-10-2006, 01:55 PM
hey no brain once he does a panel at a time that panel is waxed so that kicks out your brainless suggestions so how does MR grit/dust get under the wax please read before butting in on my posts old man

dearest steven.
to wash, and clay, and cleanse, and wax (let's say) the door once the adjacent wing has been finished is not very clever/possible .... is it ?
unless of course, you're going to completely mask off the wing using the newspaper that last nights pie & chips came home in ?
(sorry for the hijack/distraction, Paul)

ric355
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
dearest steven.
to wash, and clay, and cleanse, and wax (let's say) the door once the adjacent wing has been finished is not very clever/possible .... is it ?
unless of course, you're going to completely mask off the wing using the newspaper that last nights pie & chips came home in ?
(sorry for the hijack/distraction, Paul)

Well, that's the way I do it, except I wash the whole car once then I use quick detailer on a panel at a time instead of washing - but I see no reason why you can't wash a panel.

I do it a panel at a time: quick detail panel, clay, hd cleanse x2, wax. It doesn't matter if you accidentally hd a place you've just waxed, coz you can 'accidentally' wax it again afterward.

Start at the top of the car and work your way down.

steve f
08-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, that's the way I do it, except I wash the whole car once then I use quick detailer on a panel at a time instead of washing - but I see no reason why you can't wash a panel.

I do it a panel at a time: quick detail panel, clay, hd cleanse x2, wax. It doesn't matter if you accidentally hd a place you've just waxed, coz you can 'accidentally' wax it again afterward.

Start at the top of the car and work your way down.

thanks ric the old man still use simonize gt wax

A308 MAN
08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
thanks ric the old man still use simonize gt waxi may be old, and i may still use simoniz GT wax, and i may be doing it all wrong.

.... but at least i buy my own stuff and do it myself !

spidermanUK
08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
i may be old, and i may still use simoniz GT wax, and i may be doing it all wrong.

Game,set and match to the gentleman from the Isle of Man!:laugh:

steve f
08-10-2006, 05:43 PM
i may be old, and i may still use simoniz GT wax, and i may be doing it all wrong.

for once i have no answer old man ::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pdavison
08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
My solution to keeping unwanted dust from the car in between panels is to put her under her new blanket ...

Klint
16-10-2006, 02:33 PM
In Dave's defence..... ;)