PDA

View Full Version : zymol

ted 191
13-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I`m going to give my car the zymol treatment this weekend,it says on the tin
thay the hd cleans feeds the paint with oils etc, how do these oils get through the laquer :huh:

Dave Z
13-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I`m going to give my car the zymol treatment this weekend,it says on the tin
thay the hd cleans feeds the paint with oils etc, how do these oils get through the laquer :huh:

It doesn't Chris ,it feeds the surface prettty much in the same way as machine glaze does:thumbsup:

ted 191
13-10-2006, 09:06 PM
It doesn't Chris ,it feeds the surface prettty much in the same way as machine glaze does:thumbsup:

But the surface is clear laquer,they talk about the oils being put back into the paint,ok when used with clay bar you get an exellent shine,but i think they are feeding us with bull about what it will- wont do :shocked:

Dave Z
13-10-2006, 09:43 PM
But the surface is clear laquer,they talk about the oils being put back into the paint,ok when used with clay bar you get an exellent shine,but i think they are feeding us with bull about what it will- wont do :shocked:

Look at it it like this Chris,
paint/laquer oxidises or goes flat when it overheats and loses its natural oils or is attacked and covered by contamination in the air. The oxidisation sits on the surface of the paint/laquer.
HD contains Montan oil which is a natural solvent , this feeds the dried out surface and cleans off the oxidised paint/laquer .
The less contamination there is on a painted panel, the more shine you get, this is why you get such a good shine when you clay and cleanse because there is nothing left on the surface to hinder the reflection of light.
When you wipe off the HD , it leaves a microfine film of the oils over the paint , so when you wax over it , these oils are sealed in between the paint surface and the wax , helping to prevent the surface from drying out and oxidising again.
I think it is explained that way on the bottle just to keep it simple and easier to understand.
I hope that made sense, I'm on my 4th can of fosters and second packet of Giant buttons so my brains a bit out of gear:grin:

ted 191
13-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Look at it it like this Chris,
paint/laquer oxidises or goes flat when it overheats and loses its natural oils or is attacked and covered by contamination in the air. The oxidisation sits on the surface of the paint/laquer.
HD contains Montan oil which is a natural solvent , this feeds the dried out surface and cleans off the oxidised paint/laquer .
The less contamination there is on a painted panel, the more shine you get, this is why you get such a good shine when you clay and cleanse because there is nothing left on the surface to hinder the reflection of light.
When you wipe off the HD , it leaves a microfine film of the oils over the paint , so when you wax over it , these oils are sealed in between the paint surface and the wax , helping to prevent the surface from drying out and oxidising again.
I think it is explained that way on the bottle just to keep it simple and easier to understand.
I hope that made sense, I'm on my 4th can of fosters and second packet of Giant buttons so my brains a bit out of gear:grin:

:thumbsup: