Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm glad my 355 isn't an everyday car...

Name
    Ian

Default I'm glad my 355 isn't an everyday car...

Took full advantage of the amazing weather we've had over Easter and put quite a few miles on the 355 driving to country pubs and back and just driving around for the sheer hell of it. However, after I've had a good, hard drive and got it out of my system, it's nice to put the 355 to bed and get back to the comfort, smoothness and luxury of my 7-series BM. The 2 cars are complete polar opposites, but they also give me the best of both worlds... 355 = speed, noise, handling, adrenalin rush. 7-series = smoothness, luxury, very relaxing driving experience.

Not that the 355 is even practical as an everyday car, but, even if it were, I'd quickly tire of it. Too much of a good thing, etc.

Cheers,
    Ian.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Wuss.

The 355 IS luxurious and comfortable.

Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Wuss.

The 355 IS luxurious and comfortable.
    Compared to riding naked on a Penny Farthing down a pot-hole infested unclassified road? ABSOLUTELY! Compared to a big ole barge like the 7-series BMW or MB S-Class? Err, no. The 355 is fantastic at what it does... fast, loud, drop-dead beautiful and handles like a go-kart but, personally, I wouldn't want to drive it as an everyday car (esp. on Britain's CRAP roads, grr).

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by ian_uk1975 View Post
    Compared to riding naked on a Penny Farthing down a pot-hole infested unclassified road? ABSOLUTELY! Compared to a big ole barge like the 7-series BMW or MB S-Class? Err, no. The 355 is fantastic at what it does... fast, loud, drop-dead beautiful and handles like a go-kart but, personally, I wouldn't want to drive it as an everyday car (esp. on Britain's CRAP roads, grr).
    Ah so you read my profile for hobbies and pastimes

Personally I find floaty old barges awful to ride in for any length of time.

Leather, climate control, good body control, comfy seats, good view out etc. What more do you really need

Still, I used a Caterham 7 as my only car for 6-7yrs come rain or snow, so perhaps our reference points are somewhat different

Name
    Si

Ah so you read my profile for hobbies and pastimes

Personally I find floaty old barges awful to ride in for any length of time.

Leather, climate control, good body control, comfy seats, good view out etc. What more do you really need

Still, I used a Caterham 7 as my only car for 6-7yrs come rain or snow, so perhaps our reference points are somewhat different
    What a guy

Name
    Nigel R

Holy ****!!!

Name
    Murph

No big deal guys. At the time it had full weather gear and a heater. And whilst at one's weightiest it was actually a very snug, cosy and comfortable ride. The problems start when you lose weight and things (rivets, bolt heads etc) start to dig in more.

Next time we meet up, remind me to tell you about the time I slept in it the night before the Spa GP. With a young lady in there too

Name
    slick355

I agree with Ian....
    I've got a 7 series too...(not the new ugly shaped one !) and i'd never sell it.
    If I have had a hard tiring day with work....i take the 7 series out for a drive to get some fresh air ... and have a late dinner at some place if my wife is up for it.... driving the 7 relaxes me... not the same for the 355 at all..... it actually gets my pulse rate UP.. ... cannot drive that car when I am tired...(same as with my motorbikes).....
    but when I am all rested and fresh..and up for some fun at weekends and the sun is out... 355 every time.

Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by slick355 View Post
    I agree with Ian....
    I've got a 7 series too...(not the new ugly shaped one !) and i'd never sell it.
    If I have had a hard tiring day with work....i take the 7 series out for a drive to get some fresh air ... and have a late dinner at some place if my wife is up for it.... driving the 7 relaxes me... not the same for the 355 at all..... it actually gets my pulse rate UP.. ... cannot drive that car when I am tired...(same as with my motorbikes).....
    but when I am all rested and fresh..and up for some fun at weekends and the sun is out... 355 every time.
    Good man... E38 then? Just what I've got. It's a very relaxing car to drive... I even find myself listening to Classic FM (which I never used to do!) Agree with you completely wrt. the contrast between the 2 cars. 355 for excitement and an adrenalin rush, 7-series to unwind and relax whilst wafting along.

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by ian_uk1975 View Post
    Good man... E38 then? Just what I've got. It's a very relaxing car to drive... I even find myself listening to Classic FM (which I never used to do!) Agree with you completely wrt. the contrast between the 2 cars. 355 for excitement and an adrenalin rush, 7-series to unwind and relax whilst wafting along.
    And me

I had an E38 4.4 (M62 engine) with all the toys. It was a great car and only cost me 10,995. It was over 50k new. I sold it last year. Got 3.5k for it And they say 355's depreciate...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast