Thread: sponsors' decals question

Name
    John

Default sponsors' decals question

I'm doing a run through France for charity soon and am getting a load of decals done for my sponsors

Doeas anyone have any advice on putting them on, taking them off, where to get them done etc?

Cheers

FOC

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Don`t know John, but welcome back.....

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Fraccie View Post
    Don`t know John, but welcome back.....
    I've been a bit of a lurker recently I'm afraid. Too busy. But my spirit is with you

Name
    dasadrew

The French guys at work say there is a law here which forbids you putting stickers on your car which imply you are competing an a motoring event on a public road unless the event is authorised. Apparently the size of the sticker also plays a role.

The guys know this as they compete in authorised rallyes, but have to remove their stickers after the event to use the car on public roads without being pulled over.

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Cheeky View Post
    I'm doing a run through France for charity soon and am getting a load of decals done for my sponsors

Doeas anyone have any advice on putting them on, taking them off, where to get them done etc?

Cheers

FOC
    I think that after Gumball, putting stickers all over your car is just asking for trouble.....

I.

Name
    Carl Sherratt

Best method is to line everything up with masking tape to ensure they are where you want them & straight before you go putting them on.

Name
    Tom Wakeford

If you are going to do this hunt out a thing called aplication tape (most Vinyl suppliers sellit) it is a slighty opaque semi tack product that sign writers use.

you lay the graphics face down on th eadhesive side of the application tape then spray slip on the back (soap and water solution) your graphics supplier will give you the right mix for the vinyl supplied you can the postion the aplication tape and graphic where you want it squeegee down on end toget a tack and then remove the application tape and finish squeegeeing

hope that helps

Cheers

Tom

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by paintshield View Post
    If you are going to do this hunt out a thing called aplication tape (most Vinyl suppliers sellit) it is a slighty opaque semi tack product that sign writers use.

you lay the graphics face down on th eadhesive side of the application tape then spray slip on the back (soap and water solution) your graphics supplier will give you the right mix for the vinyl supplied you can the postion the aplication tape and graphic where you want it squeegee down on end toget a tack and then remove the application tape and finish squeegeeing

hope that helps

Cheers

Tom
    thanks, Tom,

I wasn't really planning on making them myself to be honest. I wasjust looking for a supplier who I can send my graphics to who'll send me back some nice car frinedly stickers - any ideas?

Cheers

John

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by dasadrew View Post
    The French guys at work say there is a law here which forbids you putting stickers on your car which imply you are competing an a motoring event on a public road unless the event is authorised. Apparently the size of the sticker also plays a role.

The guys know this as they compete in authorised rallyes, but have to remove their stickers after the event to use the car on public roads without being pulled over.
    The event is authorised so no problem there. I will also be taking a biplane which will skywrite my average speed every two minutes with a statement that I am doing this for charity and will adhere to the legal requirements of the countr through which I am passing at all times.

I will also have a team of naked women in a sponsored truck behind me who will use their sexual charms to persuade any power crazed gendarmes to use their truncheons wisely

I wil lhave agreat time, but I'm also going to raise lots of money for three charities

Do they pull over lorries in france who have the name of their company emblazoned down the side in big writing?

Name
    dasadrew

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Cheeky View Post
    Do they pull over lorries in france who have the name of their company emblazoned down the side in big writing?
    .... maybe if the name of the company is Calais-Marseille-8 hour-Courrier-Express