Thread: How many clean LHD 355's are left?

Name
    cgt

Default How many clean LHD 355's are left?

I've noticed recently a few 355's dipping into the sub 30k's and also a few I know of have changed hands (though not advertised at) late 20's.
    LHD by the way (my preference).

Having had a couple of 355's in the late 90s, it's a car I have always loved and thought I would own another example one day. At this sort of money it is the kind of car I would buy just to look at, use it as a work car on nice days and keep more than actually put huge miles on. Just like an old 911 it's a car that gives a great amount of enjoyment even standing still. Having had a 348 again recently after many years made me feel very nostalgic and it felt good to drive a car that felt 'old school'.

I wonder though how many nice examples are out there? Even the last ones are now eight years old and the fit and finish of a 355 was definitely a notch below the 360 or even the 550 from it's era.

So my question is are there any ultra clean examples left at sub-30k or realistically at this price level will they be dogs? I know there are tidy examples around at 35k but then that is RHD money (and I dont want a RHD). I suspect many 355's have now found their way back to Europe, since the market has gone from tons of LHD in the UK to only a handful now.

Attached is a photo of an absolutely mint 355 Berlinetta I owned in around 2000, I still regret selling this car, I think it was probably the prettiest car I have ever owned. Why the hell I sold it at the time to buy a 360 (which I only kept for three months) I have no idea
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Mr Moderation

To be honest getting a nice LHD Ferrari full stop is getting very very hard. Loads of cars came over when the Euro was weak and the market was flooded and cars changed hands quicker than the Spice Boys change their cars and subquenty neglect has taken its course on these LHD cars. The cream have made there way back to Europe.

The best LHD's come from Switzeland, but to be honest the prices are now VERY expensive over there now for ANY Ferrari. You will have a challenge on your had-good luck

Name
    Ade

I'd say a LHD berlinetta avertised between 29-32K is about right. Knock a little off for haggling and 28-30K seems reasonable. The car has got to be completely depreciation proof at this level.

Prices have stayed seemingly firm for the last 1.5 years. My rosso/crema '97 RHD 355 Spider went for 42K 1.5 yrs ago. The same car will probably still sell for 40K with a touch more miles.

Name
    cgt

Interestingly it seems that nice Berlinettas are a lot harder to find than Spiders, of which there seem to be more cheap ones around. There doesnt seem to be any price differential either.

It seems like Berlinetta owners are holding on to them as that is the model most likely to be a future classic. And in my view, the prettiest