Thread: 355 Sport seats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Andy

Default 355 Sport seats

Hi All,

I may be in the hunt for a 355 berlinetta / GTS again. We have just had a baby son and if I don't get one now it won't happen for a number of years (or decades).

I'd appreciate some advice on the 355 carbon sports seats please.
    I've seen a car advertised with half leather half alcantara.

-How comfortable are the seats - I tried a full leather car and found the seats pretty good. What are they like for longer distances?
    -How well does alcantara wear compared to leather? I knew someone with a racing Puma and the alcantara wore quite badly after about 10,000 miles (this may well have been poorer quality oem materials.)
    -Is there any adjustment you can make on the seats other than forwards and backwards?
    -Do the seats come in different sizes (I'm medium build)
    -Are they mounted lower than standards seats. I have a long back and am tight for headroom, although std 355 seats are OK.

Also I know it's been mentioned before, but I may be considering a medium/higher mileage (30-40k) RHD car rather than a lower mileage LHD. Is this a good idea?
    I'm also considering TDF blue and black cars as well as Rosso corsa. Is this a bad idea (resale wise) on medium mileage cars?

Thanks

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by Dino355 View Post
    if I don't get one now it won't happen for a number of years (or decades)

I'm also considering TDF blue and black cars as well as Rosso corsa. Is this a bad idea (resale wise) on medium mileage cars?

Thanks
    It sounds like its going to be another (congrats) big treat so unless there are other constraints just buy what you want - a car that is cheaper to buy will also be cheaper to sell whether thats because of mileage or colour - it may also be cheaper to buy for a reason

Name
    Oded

I think that the best answer to your questions is see the car, sit inside and see for yourself how comfortable the seats are.

The defintion of comfortable varies from one person to the next. I have thinly padded race shell seats in both my cars now. They are stiff backed, non adjustabe (other the backward and forward) but I find them comfortable. My mom probably would not to make an extreme example.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

I thought the sports seats were leather covered (not alcantara).

Think you can adjust the rake, but that's it.

Also. large, medium and small sizes. And remember that this is likely to be Italian sizing (check out the avg Italian!).

Name
    Andy

Thanks for the replies.
    It seems that a number of carbon sports seats were full leather, but there are some with alcantara inserts.
    I agree you can't judge without trying them, but as cars for sale are spread around the country, it's having the time to travel. Of the options I haven't seen before it's good to have first hand opinions to potentialy rule them out e.g. if alcantara wears badly etc.
    From what I've read it seems that they wear well

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

the cf seats i have are very comfy but there's very little padding . seat back adjusts up/down but height is fixed . the seat slides fwd /back . the alcantara wears pretty well but like the leather , bolster points will show wear from use. these seats are very rare in 355 and imho they look fantastic. well worth buying a car with them in

Name
    Ravi

Hi Dino

I have the carbon sports seats in my 355. To Answer your questions:

Seats are very comfortable. i did a 2800 mile round trip in mine last summer with no problems.

Alantera will wear quicker, best to get leather if you can

Seats go farward and back and you can adjust the angle of the seat back (i.e. they are not fixed)

Seats come in small medium and large, medium and large being the most popular.

They are mounted lower.

IMO buy the most expensive car you can afford, and if you are worried about the time it will take to sell stick to red.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Dino355 View Post
    Hi All,

I may be in the hunt for a 355 berlinetta / GTS again. We have just had a baby son and if I don't get one now it won't happen for a number of years (or decades).

I'd appreciate some advice on the 355 carbon sports seats please.
    I've seen a car advertised with half leather half alcantara.

-How comfortable are the seats - I tried a full leather car and found the seats pretty good. What are they like for longer distances?
    -How well does alcantara wear compared to leather? I knew someone with a racing Puma and the alcantara wore quite badly after about 10,000 miles (this may well have been poorer quality oem materials.)
    -Is there any adjustment you can make on the seats other than forwards and backwards?
    -Do the seats come in different sizes (I'm medium build)
    -Are they mounted lower than standards seats. I have a long back and am tight for headroom, although std 355 seats are OK.

Also I know it's been mentioned before, but I may be considering a medium/higher mileage (30-40k) RHD car rather than a lower mileage LHD. Is this a good idea?

Thanks