Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low mileage 355's

Name
    Candellara

Default Low mileage 355's

After searching most of the recognised Ferrari Indies of late, KHPC, Verdi's, Nick Cartwright etc etc etc etc..........i have come to the conclusion that
    355's don't really get driven that much?

Most of the 355's that are currently on the market run from 25,000 down to as low as 7000 miles with many many cars in the mid teens.

Infact most earlier 360's have well surpassed the mileage figures of the 355's.

Were most 355's purchased destined to be garage queens?

Name
    Clive

Go and have a look at some of them, and then ask yourself "does that REALLY look low mileage?"

Provenance is everything!

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Perhaps 355 owners get as much pleasure from looking at it as driving it.

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Perhaps 355 owners get as much pleasure from looking at it as driving it.
    I know your's does and it's such a stunning car......i wouldn't want to drive it.

Without going into provenance issues.......it was simply an observation that the Independants seem to have ALOT of extremely low mileage car's available at this very moment....and it's out of kilter with most of the other tipo's?

It seems that anyone who's got a 355 with this sort of mileage.......has got it up for sale?

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    It seems that anyone who's got a 355 with this sort of mileage.......has got it up for sale?
    And there are so few 348's

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    And there are so few 348's
    Did cross my mind ........but mine's not tiny mileage........and will never be up for sale

F1RGY is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    F1RGY

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    After searching most of the recognised Ferrari Indies of late, KHPC, Verdi's, Nick Cartwright etc etc etc etc..........i have come to the conclusion that
    355's don't really get driven that much?

Most of the 355's that are currently on the market run from 25,000 down to as low as 7000 miles with many many cars in the mid teens.

Infact most earlier 360's have well surpassed the mileage figures of the 355's.

Were most 355's purchased destined to be garage queens?

The 360 was the first Ferrari that was difficult to play with mileage ,so they tell me... Draw your own conclusions
    We make a house into a home, after we have built it to a standard, not to a price! We like stripes on Scuds but NOT rear wings on 348s. We just like FERRARIs

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Ray430Red View Post
    The 360 was the first Ferrari that was difficult to play with mileage ,so they tell me... Draw your own conclusions
    One car that will be driven is your old yellow 348 Ray Dunc is helping me with a few bits on mine and vice versa. Car's going to be spanking when he's finished

Told him to get it along to a Wessex meet when he's finished it Ray

Name
    Jules

If you want to get a low mileage 355, then it'll be word of mouth rather than searching the websites.

If I wanted to get a low mileage example, I would put a call into my local dealer (Bob Houghton) and ask them to source me one when it became available - ie, the car must be known to them from the very beginning. In my mind that is the only way you can guarantee a 355's mileage.

Clive's car's low mileage because he's had it from new and hasn't done many miles - period.

Name
    Paul

is it just 355's that are low or is it just older ferrari's in general. where im going is... could it be that since the 360 fcars are more useable as a day to day hence the mileage is higher.

My 355 now has 40K on, when I bought it at 37K and this was one of the highest mileage one around. In terms of the miles being genuine all my MOT's and service stamps seem to add up with whats on the clock.

Given the PPI, HPI checks that are done and the attention to a cars history, realistically wouldn't a car thats been significantly clocked show up straight away?

Cheers
    Paul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast