Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torques on engine assembly Ferrari 348

Name
    Protrim

Default Torques on engine assembly Ferrari 348

Does anyone have the torque figures needed to assemble a Ferrari 348 engine? I belive the engine code is F119. We've been chaning the pistons to lower compression ratio etc for twin turbo conversion.

Name
    Malcolm W

Quote Originally Posted by Protrim
    Does anyone have the torque figures needed to assemble a Ferrari 348 engine? I belive the engine code is F119. We've been chaning the pistons to lower compression ratio etc for twin turbo conversion.
    When you say "torque figures" are you refering to "tightening torque figures" or engine torque ?

ferrari-spider Guest

I referd this guy to come on here malc, after i saw his question on ferrariforum.com (first post on there as well)You were one of the tecs i told him was on here that could answer his question Any way hi Protrim and welcome to the site, why not go say hi to the guys becourse you will be learning quite alot here We even have a Norway section;)

Name
    Protrim

@Ferraritech: I'm looking for the tightening torque figures yes. The engine torque we will see from our dyno.
    It would be great if you have some info about the camshafts also.

@ferrarispider: Hello and thank you!

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Copied this from the workshop manual,sorry it's not very clear(I'm not sure how to post pages from PDF files properly)This is the only page I can find in my copy,maybe Malcolm can come up with some more data.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Protrim

Where can I find this manual? It would be great to have it in our workshop while we're building the 348.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Where can I find this manual? It would be great to have it in our workshop while we're building the 348.
    I have it on PDF file,it's 91 MB which I think is to big to email,but I'm sure someone will be able to tell us wether it is or not.
    Last edited by stevew; 17-01-2006 at 03:15 PM.

ferrari-spider Guest

Tell us ya story Protrim, what project are you working on? Are you a workshop that is doing a twin turbo conversion on a 348 then? Can you tell us anything else?
    Last edited by ferrarispider; 17-01-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Name
    Malcolm W

@Ferraritech: I'm looking for the tightening torque figures yes. The engine torque we will see from our dyno.
    It would be great if you have some info about the camshafts also.

@ferrarispider: Hello and thank you!
    This is from my workshop manual, some of the contents have already been covered in Steve's post.

Don't have info to hand on cams - will do some research

Name
    Malcolm W

The "hard copy" comes in three large manuals and then in lots of sub-sections, I will see if we still have the engine section of the manual and if you want it I could post it to you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast