Thread: Some advice required

Name
    dougaldog

Default Some advice required

Hi All,

I'm a newby to this forum as I recently Purchased my first F car and I'm absolutly loving it...

Im wanting to have a go at waxing my new toy with some Carnauba Wax, can any one tell me how many applications i should look to do?

Thanks for any advise given

Name
    jos

Default Hello

So what F is it ?

Even before polishing what smilie is coming soon

Name
    dougaldog

Hi

I bought a F360 F1... in Red...!

Name
    Juke Reading

Hi Doug. First thing most people will tell you is to give the guys at Sportscar protection a call. Worth every penny to have your car looking amazing.

There are some great threads on here about how to detail your car. You of course have the great debate to read up on about which wax to buy. For me it comes down to Zymol Ital or Swissvax. Remember you will need HD Cleanse or Swissvax Cleaner fluid applied before the wax. If you really want to go all out buy a Porter Cable or UMD and try your hand at paintwork correction.

My advice - call Dave

Name
    SCP Ian

Quote Originally Posted by dougaldog View Post
    Im wanting to have a go at waxing my new toy with some Carnauba Wax, can any one tell me how many applications i should look to do?
    as many as you want!

there is a common misconception that if you build up too many layers the wax will dull the finish, but the truth is with carnauba wax the more layers you build up the wetter and deeper the shine will become. of course, don't put the wax on too thick, use a soft applicator pad to apply in thin layers and give the fresh layer a bit of time after you have buffed it to a shine to start to cure before you apply another.

the best way is to wash & wax the car every weekend for a month so you build up 4 or 5 layers in quick succession and then you can just wax it once a month in the future

Name
    SCP Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Juke 360 View Post
    Hi Doug. First thing most people will tell you is to give the guys at Sportscar protection a call. Worth every penny to have your car looking amazing.

There are some great threads on here about how to detail your car. You of course have the great debate to read up on about which wax to buy. For me it comes down to Zymol Ital or Swissvax. Remember you will need HD Cleanse or Swissvax Cleaner fluid applied before the wax. If you really want to go all out buy a Porter Cable or UMD and try your hand at paintwork correction.

My advice - call Dave
    juke, where u been? haven't heard from you in a while

Name
    dougaldog

Hi Juke, Ian,

Thanks so much for your replies, I take the advise on board...

Dave