Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do people do with their old F355 rear end when they fit a Challenge grille?

Name
    Mitch Thompson

Default What do people do with their old F355 rear end when they fit a Challenge grille?

I am in a minority in so much as I prefer the F355 with the solid body-coloured rear end, not the Challenge grille, but if I were ever to buy an F355 there's a pretty good chance that it would have a Challenge grille as so many cars seem to have had this conversion done. Can I assume that there are loads of spare standard rear ends kicking around in people's lofts and that I would find it fairly easy to revert the car back to the standard spec if I wanted to? It's just a thought as I can't afford an F355 right now and would probably buy a 328 anyway... but I'm curious.

Name
    cgt

I have a pristine one if you want it..

Not in the loft in the garage by the way

Name
    richard williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Thompson View Post
    I am in a minority in so much as I prefer the F355 with the solid body-coloured rear end, not the Challenge grille, but if I were ever to buy an F355 there's a pretty good chance that it would have a Challenge grille as so many cars seem to have had this conversion done. Can I assume that there are loads of spare standard rear ends kicking around in people's lofts and that I would find it fairly easy to revert the car back to the standard spec if I wanted to? It's just a thought as I can't afford an F355 right now and would probably buy a 328 anyway... but I'm curious.
    hopefully come to their senses and put the original back on!

I joke, I think they really suit some colours, Black, Yellow, maybe others. If you search the classifieds you will find them for good prices. Likely enough you could buy a used original for a few hundrea pounds and sell you're Challenge grill for a lot more.

Out of interest, is a 328 much cheaper than a 355? I've seen some good cars at low prices latley, bound to come down a bit more over the winter. If you want a 355, now's a very good time to buy one.

Cheers,

Richard.

Name
    Ade

Ive been sitting on a 360 Spider rear panel in red for 2 years now. I did put it on ebay once, but the winner never collected. Damn thing is like a bogey on the end of ones finger.

F1RGY is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    F1RGY

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    Ive been sitting on a 360 Spider rear panel in red for 2 years now. I did put it on ebay once, but the winner never collected. Damn thing is like a bogey on the end of ones finger.

I pair would be nice Ade, give me your address and i will send you mine
    We make a house into a home, after we have built it to a standard, not to a price! We like stripes on Scuds but NOT rear wings on 348s. We just like FERRARIs

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Thompson View Post
    They're easy to revert - see guide on www.the355.com

Like most other owners I've got a spare one too, but mine's to be kept for originality reasons. They come up on ebay from time to time so are relatively easy to get hold of.

When I bought my car I deliberately looked for one with a standard rear panel, but taste changed over the years and I eventually installed the challenge grille.

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

mine's in the shed

Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    mine's in the shed
    Didnt know a 355 grille fitted a CS

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    mine's in the shed
    Mines in the guest bedroom (really!)

Name
    Xmun

Can I assume that there are loads of spare standard rear ends kicking around in people's lofts and that I would find it fairly easy to revert the car back to the standard spec if I wanted to?
    Interesting question really. I'm sure that there are a lot kicking about, but the real question is how many owners would want to part with them?

I changed the steering wheel on my 348, I also have the Hill's Engineering gearknob and quickshift gate. I also have the rear silver prancing horse and the door knob thingies... but I kept all the originals.

The idea being that if I were to sell my car I will revert it back if neccessary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast