Thread: Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Name
    Chris Cook

Default Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Hi All

Just keen to guage opinnions from anyone who has used this. I applied a couple of layers of italwax and then a layer of the extra gloss. For me the results were (say) 30% better than just the wax alone which surprised me for such a cheap product. In short it really does shine and produces an excellent finish.

It is also very cheap in comparison - anyone got any thoughts ? Dave ? Seems too good to be true.. maybe the finish does not last ?

Cheers

Name
    Phil Worrall

The Autoglym EGP is supposed to be used on top of Autoglym Super Resin Polish so they both bond together.
    The super resin polish is slightly abrasive and contains fillers to fill scratches and swirl marks. I dont know about durability but I have heard a few people recommend it because it lasts well.

Name
    Catherine

I have used both, though given the nick of the paintwork I put it on my 2p worth isn't worth much!

The autoglym super resin polish does cut the paint, clearly evident on the polishing cloth, and from memory leaves a good finish, which if left unwaxed lasts a couple of weeks (even in torrential scottish rain)

Applying the extra gloss protection over the top left a similar finish, but it did last longer, even though car washed in between times.

If you misjudge the drying times of either they are a pain to polish out though!

I'm very new to polishing/washing cars (I'm lazy) but have found the recent advice on here re-techniques to be good, no longer shall I be putting my wax on in circles!

C x

Name
    scott

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cookdesk View Post
    Hi All

Just keen to guage opinnions from anyone who has used this. I applied a couple of layers of italwax and then a layer of the extra gloss. For me the results were (say) 30% better than just the wax alone which surprised me for such a cheap product. In short it really does shine and produces an excellent finish.

It is also very cheap in comparison - anyone got any thoughts ? Dave ? Seems too good to be true.. maybe the finish does not last ?

Cheers
    try it in a different order, srp, then egp then your ital on top of that. egp doesn't bond very well to anything other than srp if i remember right so won't be lasting as long as it could. Still regarded as a very good polish/sealant combo and works very well on wheels

Name
    Graham

Name
    Andy

I put SRP on mine about a week ago - looks nice and shiny, can't remember what polish was already on there though. It was easy to apply and buff off the next day, very cheep and a bottle lasts for ages.

I reckon the best result I've had was from Zanos something or other. This was on my red gt4 and the finish was fantastic, although a little streaky in places (which I put down to me not knowing what I was doing). I've actually run out but wouldn't mind trying it on my TDF blue paintwork.