Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User car price guide

Name
    Nigel R

Default User car price guide

Is there a decent online price guide for used cars? Parkers is pretty hopeless IMO.

My missus has a 1.6 55 plate Beetle Cab with 20,000 miles on it but has changed jobs and it is no longer practical. I am curious what I might expect to get back a) privately and b) trade in.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    DCS

Quote Originally Posted by F328GTS View Post
    Is there a decent online price guide for used cars? Parkers is pretty hopeless IMO.

My missus has a 1.6 55 plate Beetle Cab with 20,000 miles on it but has changed jobs and it is no longer practical. I am curious what I might expect to get back a) privately and b) trade in.

Cheers
    Autotrader? - as gives real examples of similar cars available

Name
    Gavin

Vauxhall Network Q has a free price guide that gives trade values and allows adjustment for mileage.

http://www.networkq.co.uk/buying/value-your-car/

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Elms View Post
    Autotrader? - as gives real examples of similar cars available
    +1

Also ring a couple of random dealers (VW and otherwise). Last time I did this the range of prices I got offered was huge. It was on a Toyota & the worst price I got was from a Toyota dealer - the bloke tried to steal the damn thing off me!

(ISTR he offered me £7K for a car I'd paid £12K for 8 months earlier - eventually traded it with another toyota dealer for £10K I think)

Name
    Dave

Nigel,

In this months CAP guide, the car books at 9375 trade in clean condition but the ultimate guide is the market (autotrader for that car). In my area, it looks like 9k to sell but it may well be different in yours.

I would anticipate a few dealers on the phone wishing to bid on the car too with that mileage - don't be put off, stock is hard to find at the moment and you have a good low mileage car there.

Good luck!

Name
    Nigel R

Quote Originally Posted by F1ALR View Post
    Nigel,

In this months CAP guide, the car books at 9375 trade in clean condition but the ultimate guide is the market (autotrader for that car). In my area, it looks like 9k to sell but it may well be different in yours.

I would anticipate a few dealers on the phone wishing to bid on the car too with that mileage - don't be put off, stock is hard to find at the moment and you have a good low mileage car there.

Good luck!
    Brilliant, that's what I was after, a ball park figure. Happy with 9k as only paid 9.5k for it

Missus has to decide what she wants next. She likes the look of the Pug 207 but I loathe French cars

Name
    Nigel R

Quote Originally Posted by 348gav View Post
    Vauxhall Network Q has a free price guide that gives trade values and allows adjustment for mileage.

http://www.networkq.co.uk/buying/value-your-car/
    Cheers for that. Very useful link

Part-exchange Price:
    Excellent condition: £9090

Name
    Dave

Nigel,

I would consider the Pug to be a downgrade, but thats my opinion.

You may not believe this, but inbetween telling you the value earlier and now, I have had the November guide dropped on my desk - your car now books at £9500, so slight increase there thism month!

I remember selling Golf TDIs etc 6mths ago and they are now fetching more at auction than what I was retailing them for! Strange times....

Name
    Nigel R

Quote Originally Posted by F1ALR View Post
    Nigel,

I would consider the Pug to be a downgrade, but thats my opinion.

You may not believe this, but inbetween telling you the value earlier and now, I have had the November guide dropped on my desk - your car now books at £9500, so slight increase there thism month!

I remember selling Golf TDIs etc 6mths ago and they are now fetching more at auction than what I was retailing them for! Strange times....
    I quite agree, I loathe French cars. I think I have convinced her to look at a Polo and a Golf.

Her brief is 3 Door and "nippy", no money to change hands so whatever we can get for a straight swap or even some money coming back my way.

Name
    Dave

Golf GT Tdi... 5 doors fetch more so you should find a good car for your budget, Excellent residual values too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast