Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LHD 360 or RHD 355?

Name
    Kwang

Default LHD 360 or RHD 355?

Has anyone owned both cars and able to comment on 355 and 360. I would prefer a RHD 360 but that's my budget. Is 360 a much better drive/car to scarifice it for LHD in the UK? Fun factor , handling, running costs etc.
    I would prefer a RHD as it is easier to see and overtake esp in tight roads and in town(not that there's any use in traffic)...question is that I don't want to buy one and regret. Any ideas on drivability and depreciation. I will use it as much as I can , prob 3k a yr. On a different matter , I have the dimensions of both cars, and from the technical specsit can just fit in my standard garage but don't know whether the mirrors fold into the body so it doesn't extend beyond the car as to fit as the doors are 2.2m wide.
    Apparently a 355 is more fun than a 360 but what do I know.Saw a Red 360 in Verdi for 54k. Is the 360 a bit lethargic before it revs up or is it similar to the 355?
    Thanks in advance
    KL

izza is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Ian

Have owned RHD 355 and LHD/RHD 360's.

Overtaking in 360 is much easier irrelevant of driver's side - this is due to the peak torque being much lower in the rev range. This overcomes the extra distance behind you may have to be in a left hooker.

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

I personally would only feel comfortable in a RHD, but there's plenty of people here who don't mind. Dem & Kam360 being two of them.

If your looking for a Rosso LHD 360 F1, I know someone who's selling in April.

Name
    Kwang

Quote Originally Posted by izza
    Have owned RHD 355 and LHD/RHD 360's.

Overtaking in 360 is much easier irrelevant of driver's side - this is due to the peak torque being much lower in the rev range. This overcomes the extra distance behind you may have to be in a left hooker.
    What are the torque ranges? I would welcomeany additional comparisons as it helps me make up my mind.
    Yes I am after rossa with tan/light seats, what yr is it

Name
    Kwang

Also 6 speed vs paddle, I understand them to be q jerky and be a pain in traffic, parking.

Name
    Harry

Drive both and see what you think.........and which you could live with!!

Reckon on the 360 though.................and defo manual!

izza is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by sim
    What are the torque ranges? I would welcomeany additional comparisons as it helps me make up my mind.
    Yes I am after rossa with tan/light seats, what yr is it
    Pk torque on a 355 arrives at 6750 rpmI think. In a 360 it is at 4750 rpm.

With them both topping out at 8500 rpm odd, this means that with a 355 you will probably be changing gear as you go past the offending pleb. With 360, you wil be back on the left hand side of the road before changing gear. This might sound petty but IMHO it really makes overtaking easier to judge/complete. As Subirg will confirm I nearly took off his rear bumper once because he changed gear as the two of us overtook at the same time. Initially I couldn't understand why he lifted off half way around the slower car.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

LHD is for cheapskates and kerb crawlers

Name
    JW

Are you financing the car, I say this as the usual case is you require a minimum of 20% deposit (compared to 10% deposit) and they will baloon upto 40% future value (not 50% on rhd). May be of no conseqence to you tho....

RHD 360's can be sourced for ~55k

Name
    Jason

I would not have a LHD car at any saving. Also, I think the LHD cars have really dropped in price and are difficult to sell. With the paddles vs Man. I was the same as many on here and would only have man box. However, my last 3 fcars were man. I then tried an F1 and loved it. I have covered 12k miles in 9 months in it now and use the car everyday. It start off jerky, but 2 days later you get used to it and it is smooth as silk. After all, it is still a manual box and clutch. Believe me, once you get used to F1 you will never want to go back. IMO anyway. Of course a 360 is a better car and I have considered changing to one myself. But everytime I park next to one at an event, I realise I just love the 355 looks, in comparison, I find the 360 a little big and ugly. Only my opinion. If you are ever in North Essex you are more than welcome to have a drive of my car for an hour, see how you get along with F1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast