Name
    Douglas

I agree that F1 is the way to go,

However as discussed here before you must ensure that the 360 has:
    1. a replacement clutch
    2. has the upgraded F1 software loaded

Name
    simon

lhd 360 in www.rsjsportscars.co.uk 52k, good price!

Name
    Ade

My biased opinion says you should go for the BEST 355 you can afford, rather than the cheapest 360 available.

The 360 is going to be trickier to sell when the time comes to move on, considering there are lots of GREAT examples out there to choose from for just slightly more. Hence you will probably take a bit more of a hit financially on exit.

A great RHD 355 rossa/crema spider will set up back just 45,950 (mine plug plug plug). It aint going to be depreciating fast from there...

Name
    Kwang

Quote Originally Posted by jasonSF
    I would not have a LHD car at any saving. Also, I think the LHD cars have really dropped in price and are difficult to sell. With the paddles vs Man. I was the same as many on here and would only have man box. However, my last 3 fcars were man. I then tried an F1 and loved it. I have covered 12k miles in 9 months in it now and use the car everyday. It start off jerky, but 2 days later you get used to it and it is smooth as silk. After all, it is still a manual box and clutch. Believe me, once you get used to F1 you will never want to go back. IMO anyway. Of course a 360 is a better car and I have considered changing to one myself. But everytime I park next to one at an event, I realise I just love the 355 looks, in comparison, I find the 360 a little big and ugly. Only my opinion. If you are ever in North Essex you are more than welcome to have a drive of my car for an hour, see how you get along with F1.
    Hi Jason,

I may just take you up on your offer. Currently I have an old Mitsubishi Starion which I have had for about 18 yrs and prev drove my brothers Skyline GTR and RX7 , we used to share cars before he moved. Looking to change.

Thanks
    sim

Name
    X

Best thing to do is test drive a 355 and 360 and go with what you feel is best.

Everyone here has there own opinions and you should use them to help you but not make the definative choice.

When I had a 355 I was very anti 360 until I drove one and ended up changing.

Karl at Verdi's is a good man to talk to as he normally has stock of both examples in LHD and RHD drive.

Personally I'm quite happy driving a LHD. I did purchase a LHD because of cost and it was exactly the same choice your looking at. I've got no regrets and I'm happy with my choice as I'm sure you will be with whatever option you go for.

Steve F, proper Ferrari's have the steering wheels on the left

Name
    Kwang

Thanks for your replies. None the wiser though, 55k for a rhd 360? any idea where. How much do dealers mark up ie where is a good private example at athe right price?

Not looking to finance.

Also the issue of depreciation, you mentioned a big 360 hit potentially.
    sim

Name
    Ravi

Quote Originally Posted by sim
    Thanks for your replies. None the wiser though, 55k for a rhd 360? any idea where. How much do dealers mark up ie where is a good private example at athe right price?

Not looking to finance.

sim

Sim with the spring pretty much now here and that bringing renewed interest in F-Cars I think you are going to find it pretty hard to get a good RHD decent mileage example. Main Dealers have big mark ups (10+K), but you do have the benefit of power warranty. The inde's typically mark up by around 5 to 7K unless the car is on sale or return where they typically take a 2K comission.

My advice is get the best example you can, which going by your budget is a 355. If you don't you will probably end up with a ropey 3650 and may well be landed with some very big bills and you'll end up hating your car for it.

Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sim

Not looking to finance.

sim
    Doubt whether you'll get a red for 55 and the ones at this price are going to be a bit nasty.

Had both 360 and 355 - if I was you I'd go for a 355 and keep some cash back. There's a perfect one for sale on here red RHD 38k - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/67181.htm (owner is well known on here)

Rick

Name
    Kwang

On non airbag one , to add a driver's airbag merely an exchange steering or is it more invilved. If so are they easy to get hold of?

Name
    Dem

Agree with the lack of torque in a 355. I have a LHD one and exactly as Izza mentioned - you have to drop back and properly wind up to ensure you get past safely (or have a lot of trust in your passenger!). I've never been in a 360, but from the torque data, it would be a lot better to manage if you get a LHD and plan to do lots of overtaking on single carriageways.

Can only say again that I've had a LHD 355 Spider for 2 years now, and don't find it a pain at all. But then, I don't frequent Maccy D drive throughs as much as Steve F...............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast