Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Bianco Fuji CS Spider Project

Name
    Aldous Voice

Default Coolant Tank Cap

Before embarking on this years trip around Europe I decided to replace the coolant tank cap. There wasn't a problem with this one but they do tend to go (my last 360 went) and I didn't want to be stranded for the sake of a few quid. Naturally, I used the correct single ear o-clip as per the OEM spec.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Love your knob. A good old clean and polish certainly improve it

Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Love your knob. A good old clean and polish certainly improve it
    Crikey that reads funny on a new forum page!

Another great improvement Voicey, keep up the good work posting your updates for us.

Neil

Name
    Aldous Voice

Default Gear shift bush

When I bought the skid plates from Hill Engineering I also got one of their gear lever bushings. There wasn't anything wrong with the way the car shifted but they are a known weak point and I'm a fan of preventative maintenance. Today I had a spare couple of hours so I decided to fit it.

First off the centre console has to be removed - take the gear knob off and the shift gate. Remove the ashtray, undo the hex bolt underneath and also the 13mm bolt under the leather trim at the rear. Snip the zip tie holding the handbrake gaiter on and the console can be removed.

Attachment 114377

Attachment 114376

Next the gear shift cables need to be detached from the lever. The left hand one is held in place with the black plastic plug that you can see the in centre of the picture. The right hand one needs to be prised off - I used a couple of screwdrivers.

Attachment 114375

Undo the four 13mm bolts holding the shift mechanism to the floor and it can be moved forward and tilted.

Attachment 114374

The circlip needs to come out - take care as there is a spring behind it! Here's what needs to come out:

Attachment 114373

The lever then pulls free...

Attachment 114372

Name
    Aldous Voice

Drift out the pin holding the reverse protection mechanism.

Attachment 114378

The lever can then be disassembled (the new bush is on the right).

Attachment 114379

All back together:

Attachment 114380

In order to fit the square plastic bush on the end of the horizontal rod I found it helpful to fit the circlip on its own and then use a screwdriver to lever the square back on. I re-greased everything before putting it back together again.

Attachment 114381

Attachment 114382

In order to get the spring and other gubbins back in I used a small socket and a g-clamp to compress it down before fitting the circlip.

Attachment 114383

All back together again.

Attachment 114384

All that was left was to fit the trim back on.

Attachment 114385

Name
    Darren

Nice write up! Something I have on my to-do list.

Name
    FerrariDubllin

It's actually easy enough to change that bushing with the lever housing still in situ. Not a lot of time involved one way or another but just if anyone is doing the same you can release the circlip, washers, main spring etc without unbolting the main casting.

I had to do this about two years ago, my bushing was broken in two pieces and regularly interfered with gear change - going smooth and good since.

Name
    Aldous Voice

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDublin View Post
    It's actually easy enough to change that bushing with the lever housing still in situ. Not a lot of time involved one way or another but just if anyone is doing the same you can release the circlip, washers, main spring etc without unbolting the main casting.

I had to do this about two years ago, my bushing was broken in two pieces and regularly interfered with gear change - going smooth and good since.
    Indeed - the bush can be replaced without undoing the housing. I did plan to remove the housing from the car but soon discovered I'd have to undo the shifter cables - something I didn't want to mess with. I do think access is improved with the housing unbolted and the chances of grease getting on the leather is reduced!

Name
    Aldous Voice

Default Petrolhead Nirvana Alpine South Tour

I totally forgot to post in pictures of the car in action during on the euro trip I took it on in September....

Attachment 114571

Attachment 114572

Attachment 114575

Attachment 114574

Attachment 114573

Name
    Aldous Voice

These photos courtesy of Fru Kenworthy-Browne.

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast