Thread: Posting Pics

Stewart 430 Scud is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Banned user
    Name
    Stewart Paton

Default Posting Pics

I know that i am not the sharpest knife in the box when it comes to posting pics but i seem to have mastered the posting part.

What i now need to know is how to make the pics smaller and turn them into jpegs.

I ask this becouse when i try to upload my pics the system states that the pic files are to large.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by stewart 430
    I know that i am not the sharpest knife in the box when it comes to posting pics but i seem to have mastered the posting part.

What i now need to know is how to make the pics smaller and turn them into jpegs.

I ask this becouse when i try to upload my pics the system states that the pic files are to large.
    just stick to typing its easier look what happened when you was a number plate dealer for a day

ferrari-spider Guest

Use this site mate its free and easy to use www.photobucket.com When you have resized the pics right click them and save, while the save menu is up you can choose if you want them jpeg ect, ect. Any way easy peasy dude No great drama.

Name
    Tom

Microsoft have a brilliant little bit of software for Windows XP that lets you resize any number of photos with one or two clicks.

Download Image Resizer from the link below.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

When it's installed, if you right-click on an image file it'll give you the option to 'Resize Images'. From here, you get another menu, which lets you pick the size you want, for this forum use 640x480. Click OK and it'll then create a new image file with the picture at the smaller size, in the same folder as the original file. Hope that makes sense...

This gets more complex if they're not already JPEGs, but chaa's suggestion may help with that.

Name
    Stewart Paton

Quote Originally Posted by steve f
    just stick to typing its easier look what happened when you was a number plate dealer for a day
    You do make me laugh Steve. Hope to see you at the weekend for a beer or three.

Name
    Stewart Paton

Nearly there. Have got the pics uploaded in the manage attachments file. What do i do next to post the pics.

Name
    Tom

Just submit the post as normal once the pictures are ready in the manage attachments bit.

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by stewart 430
    Nearly there. Have got the pics uploaded in the manage attachments file. What do i do next to post the pics.
    stuart buy a crap camera like mine it only does them one size its easy