Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New F430 Owner saying hello

Name
    Nilesh

Talking New F430 Owner saying hello

Hi Everyone,

I picked up my first Ferrari form Meridien Modena Ferrari in the New Forest, after having Porsches for 5 years, I wanted to go for something different... and WOW! What a car! I have a 07' F430 Coupe F1 in Nero (pics to follow) I havent had much of a chance to driver her yet, but I am actually looking forward to it! I havent looked forward to driving anything for years!!

Few observations, its fast, really fast!

The Aircon/climate control isnt very good, it blows cold, then warm for a few seconds then cold again, is this a Ferrari quirk?

The head unit and speakers are naff, I had a BOSE system in my 911 and am used to beautiful bass, the Upgraded Ferrari audio is poor in comparison, much nicer to listen to that amazing V8.

On a head unit note, how many people have removed the standard head unit and replaced it with a motorised unit? I was considering the Alpine IVA-D511R as some better sounds would make the car perfect for me, can anyone recommend an audio expert with experience with Ferraris?

I look forward to coming to meets and events!

Thanks all for reading!

Nilesh

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

welcome and congrats i bought my 355 spider from them , very nice dealership

Name
    Rick

Hello.

Name
    Paul

Default Welcome

Fully agree your comments. I have upgraded Audio. Its crap. I would prefer the space

Name
    Steve Field

Hi Nilesh, I assume you managed to get the right deal out of MM so well done, I looked at your car when I bought mine, very nice.
    Air con is very good on my car, I suggest you run it for a while probably get better.
    Stereo, don't worry about that just turn it off open the windows and listern to the music coming in.
    Enjoy.

Steve

Name
    Matt

Congrats!

I pick up mine next week and I am also interested in upgrading the audio. I know usual response is to wind windows down yada yada but at the end of the day I would have bought a Scud if that were the case. I went for F430 as it will also be used for some everyday driving where some tunes on a decent stereo would be nice ;)

Any comments?

Name
    Nilesh

Thanks guys! I have been so busy at work this week, I have only driven the car 3 times since I got it last week! As for the audio, there was one car audio place, where the owner had a red F430 which had a motorised alpine head unit, sat nav, bluetooth, ipod etc all added, it looked pretty good. PM me if you want further details Matt.

Niesh

Name
    Lord Adam

Congrats Nilesh. Quite a few of us around Essex / London.

Get a Becker Grand Prix which has a very quick processor for when using the IPod. Looks like it belongs in the car too rather than a chavvy Alpine

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Welcome, but forget the stereo you really do not need it, not even sure why Ferrari bother to fit one at all

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Adz man View Post
    Congrats Nilesh. Quite a few of us around Essex / London.

Get a Becker Grand Prix which has a very quick processor for when using the IPod. Looks like it belongs in the car too rather than a chavvy Alpine
    Congrats Nilesh ..... same route for me ( out of 911's and into Ferrari ) and loving it

Adz ... the Becker Grand Prix unit you mention, which model number do you have / which model number would you suggest to suit a 355 dash styling / interior lighting colour ( i need the bluetooth capability ) ?

Any advice welcome to narrow my search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast