Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: CS Running costs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Name
    Marco
    Posts
    683

    Default CS Running costs

    Ref this thread (http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...d+in+Feb+%2713), one of the cars that's on my shortlist is a CS. I was hoping an owner might be able to give me an idea of running costs in relative terms. How do they compare to a 360? Or even a 355?

  2. #2
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    in terms of servicing , they are the same as 360m. tyres are hard to get hold of and expensive. wishbones/ball joints are weak as are exhaust brackets.some cars had re flashed ecu. nose is low, ive fitted skid plates. you will ground out on off camber road/entrances. they pick up stone chips very easily.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cotswolds
    Name
    Jules
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    in terms of servicing , they are the same as 360m. tyres are hard to get hold of and expensive. wishbones/ball joints are weak as are exhaust brackets.some cars had re flashed ecu. nose is low, ive fitted skid plates. you will ground out on off camber road/entrances. they pick up stone chips very easily.
    I've had mine 5 years, doing 5K-10K per year. Same clutch, brake pads. Same service prices as per 360 Modena so if you get a good car, it will cost you less than a 355/348 to run.

    Tyres are a big problem, owner will add CS wheels & tyres to their cars buying up all the stock.

    Buy one which is original, ie no aftermarket gubbins stuck on it, exhausts etc, the car is perfect as stock. These cars are 7-9 years old now, so don't shy away from cars with mileages 20K upwards. They need to be driven often.

    We hold about 250 Service prices for a CS on our site (Dealers/Services), so there's nothing you need worry about

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Name
    Marco
    Posts
    683

    Default

    What's the issue with the tyres, why are they so rare? Is it just the size? Do they have to be a special compound? Or is it just if you want to put the correct tyres on they're hard to get hold of, but if you decide regular rubber is good enough for you it's not a problem?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cotswolds
    Name
    Jules
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario149 View Post
    What's the issue with the tyres, why are they so rare? Is it just the size? Do they have to be a special compound? Or is it just if you want to put the correct tyres on they're hard to get hold of, but if you decide regular rubber is good enough for you it's not a problem?
    They are rare because the only tyre to be approved (at the time) for the CS was the Pirelli P Zero xyz tyre. All the tests were done with the tyre, tread etc. Any other tyre caused the car to vibrate at certain speeds/issues with handling you name it. Consequently getting hold of them has been a nightmare, in addition to that, owners of 360's have been acquiring the 19 inch CS wheels and applying the same tyres, thus adding to the shortage woes.

    There is a solution with another Pirelli tyre, which I'm about to take a look at.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Name
    Marco
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    They are rare because the only tyre to be approved (at the time) for the CS was the Pirelli P Zero xyz tyre. All the tests were done with the tyre, tread etc. Any other tyre caused the car to vibrate at certain speeds/issues with handling you name it. Consequently getting hold of them has been a nightmare, in addition to that, owners of 360's have been acquiring the 19 inch CS wheels and applying the same tyres, thus adding to the shortage woes.

    There is a solution with another Pirelli tyre, which I'm about to take a look at.

    Ah, I see. Out of interest, how much are the rears each then?

  7. #7
    tonyh's Avatar
    tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S W London
    Name
    Tony H
    Posts
    29,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario149 View Post
    Ah, I see. Out of interest, how much are the rears each then?
    about 300

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Uk
    Name
    Neil
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Costs for services are the same as 360, tyres are hard to get but as I said to you on PH once you have a car get a spare set in the garage and your problems are solved, they are always available somewhere
    Had my car over 4 years and still find it fantastic, no visions of me selling it in the near future, brings a smile to my face everytime I drive

    If you needed any carbon parts, CCB, etc replacing yes costs will be high, but hey life is too short go for it you won't regret it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cotswolds
    Name
    Jules
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    about 300
    I was recently quoted 400 per tyre - supply/demand

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Uk
    Name
    Neil
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I was recently quoted 400 per tyre - supply/demand
    Last pair of rears for stock cost me 680!
    Last pair of rears for 330Ci(run flats) 760!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Running costs..?
    By Brendan in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 10:04 AM
  2. CS running costs
    By poon in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
  3. Running costs on a 360 ?
    By charlie in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-08-2008, 07:19 PM
  4. Running costs?
    By woza in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-05-2006, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •