Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CS Running costs

Name
    Marco

Default CS Running costs

Ref this thread (http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...d+in+Feb+%2713), one of the cars that's on my shortlist is a CS. I was hoping an owner might be able to give me an idea of running costs in relative terms. How do they compare to a 360? Or even a 355?

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

in terms of servicing , they are the same as 360m. tyres are hard to get hold of and expensive. wishbones/ball joints are weak as are exhaust brackets.some cars had re flashed ecu. nose is low, ive fitted skid plates. you will ground out on off camber road/entrances. they pick up stone chips very easily.

Name
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    in terms of servicing , they are the same as 360m. tyres are hard to get hold of and expensive. wishbones/ball joints are weak as are exhaust brackets.some cars had re flashed ecu. nose is low, ive fitted skid plates. you will ground out on off camber road/entrances. they pick up stone chips very easily.
    I've had mine 5 years, doing 5K-10K per year. Same clutch, brake pads. Same service prices as per 360 Modena so if you get a good car, it will cost you less than a 355/348 to run.

Tyres are a big problem, owner will add CS wheels & tyres to their cars buying up all the stock.

Buy one which is original, ie no aftermarket gubbins stuck on it, exhausts etc, the car is perfect as stock. These cars are 7-9 years old now, so don't shy away from cars with mileages 20K upwards. They need to be driven often.

We hold about 250 Service prices for a CS on our site (Dealers/Services), so there's nothing you need worry about

Name
    Marco

What's the issue with the tyres, why are they so rare? Is it just the size? Do they have to be a special compound? Or is it just if you want to put the correct tyres on they're hard to get hold of, but if you decide regular rubber is good enough for you it's not a problem?

Name
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Mario149 View Post
    What's the issue with the tyres, why are they so rare? Is it just the size? Do they have to be a special compound? Or is it just if you want to put the correct tyres on they're hard to get hold of, but if you decide regular rubber is good enough for you it's not a problem?
    They are rare because the only tyre to be approved (at the time) for the CS was the Pirelli P Zero xyz tyre. All the tests were done with the tyre, tread etc. Any other tyre caused the car to vibrate at certain speeds/issues with handling you name it. Consequently getting hold of them has been a nightmare, in addition to that, owners of 360's have been acquiring the 19 inch CS wheels and applying the same tyres, thus adding to the shortage woes.

There is a solution with another Pirelli tyre, which I'm about to take a look at.

Name
    Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    They are rare because the only tyre to be approved (at the time) for the CS was the Pirelli P Zero xyz tyre. All the tests were done with the tyre, tread etc. Any other tyre caused the car to vibrate at certain speeds/issues with handling you name it. Consequently getting hold of them has been a nightmare, in addition to that, owners of 360's have been acquiring the 19 inch CS wheels and applying the same tyres, thus adding to the shortage woes.

There is a solution with another Pirelli tyre, which I'm about to take a look at.

Ah, I see. Out of interest, how much are the rears each then?

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Quote Originally Posted by Mario149 View Post
    Ah, I see. Out of interest, how much are the rears each then?
    about 300

Name
    Neil

Costs for services are the same as 360, tyres are hard to get but as I said to you on PH once you have a car get a spare set in the garage and your problems are solved, they are always available somewhere
    Had my car over 4 years and still find it fantastic, no visions of me selling it in the near future, brings a smile to my face everytime I drive

If you needed any carbon parts, CCB, etc replacing yes costs will be high, but hey life is too short go for it you won't regret it

Name
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    about 300
    I was recently quoted 400 per tyre - supply/demand

Name
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I was recently quoted 400 per tyre - supply/demand
    Last pair of rears for stock cost me 680!
    Last pair of rears for 330Ci(run flats) 760!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast