Hi all,

I am in the market for a 612 and I am getting a bit baffled by the range of prices! For my pocket I would ideally like an early car that has been well looked after.
I thought I found my ideal car at HR Owen at 62k in grigio silvestone with crema hide and only 26k miles. A price I thought was pretty reasonable from a main dealer. Sadly the car was under offer when I called and later sold.

That said I understand that at this age of car the only benifit of buying from a main dealer is a power train warranty rather than bumper to bumper?

Looking around I now see other '05 cars at independent dealers at considerable more. Then there are other cars that seem to have sat on the market for 6 months or more.

I guess what I am asking is what do people here think a reasonable price is for a '05 612 with circa 30k miles and decent history? In my head I think a 'good' purchase from an indy would be 50k. Does that sound right? If there is a car i like that was this spec but up at 65+ should i ignore it or put in an offer i think its worth? sorry for the silly question but prices on these seem more out than on the other makes i have bought previously.

What is the best way to get a car inspected at an indy? Would anyone here recommend that I ask it to be taken to a main dealer for an inspection (paid for by myself)?

Cheers all!