Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 360 F1 - First year ownership costs

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Jason, all in all it seems like he was hit by everything - depreciation/market slump, retail vs private, big bill early doors, not using it ......... As I said, a tale of woe. I would hope a little of that could be under your own control but I guess he was maybe just particularly unlucky.

Name
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Mike,

Like the way you've included dust caps at 2.87

Actually all looks pretty reasonable for running a car of the calibre for a year, doesn't it. Just don't go on Fchat and tell them what it costs to run a 360 over here, you'll hear the howls all the way across 'the pond'.
    I like the Rear Tyres plus fitment 80 - what were they for goodness sake, very part worn??

Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    The car was a minter from KHPC. I think the market went against him (we're talking 4 years ago).

Realistically, £60k was retail market value at the time - and this slid heavily across the year. I guess the trade bid at the time was circa £50k so the actual big hitter was the actually the void between trade & retail prices rather than depreciation. He also had the bad luck of a big bill & used the car infrequently
    I got £39k trade for mine about 4/5 yrs ago, after paying £71k 2 and a half years earlier. That's when prices were the nearly the lowest of low. Remember someone selling there's for £33k trade not long after.

PS isn't the F1 pump an Alfa part too - for £300 ?

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by geofflowe View Post
    I like the Rear Tyres plus fitment £80 - what were they for goodness sake, very part worn??
    Some part worm P Zero's to try whilst I was fannying around with the ABS issue.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Bromers View Post
    I got £39k trade for mine about 4/5 yrs ago, after paying £71k 2 and a half years earlier. That's when prices were the nearly the lowest of low. Remember someone selling there's for £33k trade not long after.
    Rick, out if interest, what did the CS's drop to in the slump.

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Rick, out if interest, what did the CS's drop to in the slump.
    CS's were fairly stable in the slump IIRC. Good cars with under 10k miles were retail between 85k and 90k. Naturally trade prices were 15k under this.

Name
    LondonSW7

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    F1 Pump went bang and the car was deemed as needing a new clutch & flywheel 7000
    7000?!? I'm sorry but I think he was thoroughly shafted.

Clutch replacement (incl. flywheel refinish - they rarely need replacing) can be had for under 2000 - even at main dealers if you haggle.

F1 pump is the same as the Alfa part, 250 delivered. Swapping the electric motor (the hydraulic part of the unit is said to be bulletproof) can be done by anyone who can hold a ratchet wrench, no bleeding required. I can't imagine an indy charging more than 100 of labour for this.

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by LondonSW7 View Post
    7000?!? I'm sorry but I think he was thoroughly shafted.

Clutch replacement (incl. flywheel refinish - they rarely need replacing) can be had for under 2000 - even at main dealers if you haggle.

F1 pump is the same as the Alfa part, 250 delivered. Swapping the electric motor (the hydraulic part of the unit is said to be bulletproof) can be done by anyone who can hold a ratchet wrench, no bleeding required. I can't imagine an indy charging more than 100 of labour for this.
    Main Dealer Ferrari repair

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Interesting discussion around the F1 vs Manual.

I was looking for a manual due to the horror stories of the F1 but I am now considering looking at F1 as well to widen my search and seeing that it may not be as expensive.
    However, horror stories resurfacing like this make me wonder.

Name
    Mike M

Please don't let this degenerate into an Fchat style F1 v 'stick shift' argument

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast