Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 360 F1 - First year ownership costs

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Please don't let this degenerate into an Fchat style F1 v 'stick shift' argument
    Agreed, but other owners experience has filtered through in this thread so might be nice to add experienced costs. From a selfish point of view

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

stick shift only for me.......

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Agreed, but other owners experience has filtered through in this thread so might be nice to add experienced costs. From a selfish point of view
    The only ones who can give you a true perspective of the advantages and disadvantages of both are the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    stick shift only for me.......

Name
    Mark Wibberley

I'll throw in my costs for the first year of ownership of my F1 360 Spider (or what I can recall as its rather late)

Annual service #450
    Brake skim (only necessary as I'm Hillclimbing - fine for normal use) #180
    2 plugs (not much)
    1 litre oil
    Renovo to recolour hood (stock liberated from my warehouse 'for testing')

That's it - insurance, road tax and fuel unavoidable, private plate optional.

Unless you count my incident when I was unable to cleanly exit the garage and punctured a tyre so needed a pair I think that's dirt cheap.

Name
    Mike M

Default Year two................

I've now had my car two full years.

Compared to year 1 this has been a relatively expensive one although not all was necessary.......Itemisation below;

F1 fluid 12.99 (I draw some out and replace it every now and then)
    Lifeline Fire extinguisher 65 (maybe not a car cost so I wont add it to the totals)
    Loom tape 3.45 for tidying the engine bay wiring.
    Black VHT wrinkle paint 19.99 - I bought two tins to do the oil disairator but only needed one. If anyone locally needs some....Drop me a line
    F1 relay and Glycoshell decals 22.73 - I changed my F1 relay for a CS one which as well as being 50A it's much, much cheaper.
    The relay base was 4.55 off eBay and I bought a new crimp tool for 6.29 to crinp the terminals

Major service including tensioner bearings at AE performance 1878.07 - Adam also removed the dis-airator for me to paint it whilst it was in.

New battery - 74 from Eurocarparts.

12 months road tax was 227 (pre 2001 car).

Inlet plenum gaskets and a spare F1 relay for the glove box was 71.24. I removed the plenum to inspect the inlet butterflies and perhaps tighten. No issues at all so probably a waste of money bar the piece of mind that nothing is going to get ingested.

54 for air box powder coating - best forgotten and another waste of money!
    3.18 for some s/s airbox screws.

Hill Engineering Track rod ends and subsequent alignment check 464.34 - absolutely not a waste of money. The steering is now super accurate.

MOT last week through AE Performance 101.40 - I know this sounds expensive but Adam takes the car and stays with it. That way I know it is in safe hands and will not be failed due to silly things/no knowledge of the cars.

Fuel was 965.47 - I only use V Power and on the odd occasion I've used my local BP garage the car doesn't run the same, particularly on start-up. I know many will not agree with this and it may just e an adaptation thing where I need to give the car more time.
    The mileage between the MOT's is 3021 so by my calculation that is roughly 19.5MPG average.

The F1 clutch wear reading between services (2652 miles) went from 29% to 31%

So in summary;

Maintenance inc some cosmetics and MOT 2716.23
    Road fund license 227
    Fuel 965 for 3k miles

Insurance renewal has just gone through at 311 for 4k miles.

Finally, I'd had no CEL's or any other issues with the car apart from the dead dash that a battery reset cured. Anyone who says CEL's are expected or normal is fibbing

Let's see what the next twelve months brings......Is there a fingers crossed smiley

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Great info Mike. I'd been planning a thread similar to this when we reach twelve months as I think it can be a great help for others. It's useful for owners and new buyers alike.

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

This makes very useful reading : Is the F1 relay a part that fails frequently ?

Does that apply to all models ( mine is a 575M )

If so, it makes sense to carry a spare.
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

Name
    jos

They don't fail often and less frequently in 575 and cars after assembly no 52556 have the 50 amp upgrade already

Name
    Mike M

Default Year 3............

Mods........Can we maybe move this to running reports?

I can't believe it's been 3 years since a picked up the car (well in a few days anyway)

The car is pretty consistent in what it's costing me and in line with the general wisdom of between 2 & 3k per year exc fuel, tax & insurance although I'm pretty anal about it so a lot of stuff gets done as I want it correct rather than it having to be done.

Grand total this year is 2259.86.

2nd annual service inc gearbox oil change and a few bits & bobs 664.60
    F1 pump 222.53 & installation 159.60
    Coolant 23.48 (self change)
    Aircon compressor 233.77 - this was used but in perfect condition. I wouldn't normally fit a used mechanical part but the new price is a bit of a joke. I was going to get it rebuilt but time overtook me so it is installed as-is and so far.....silent and working perfectly. I have an oil covered old one in the garage that I will get rebuilt over the winter.
    I bought a spare 18" CH front wheel for 330 which is a bit OTT but if I hit a pot hole and ding one I didn't want to be off the road. I was bidding on one last week on eBay that eventually went for about 160 but dropped out as a bit pointless having two. I hope one of thee 18 CH wheel owners on here got it and if so sorry for pushing the price up.
    607.14 for fitting the compressor, new dryer, aircon recharge, replace a cracked clutch bleed block and MOT.

The rest is bits and bobs and as you can see not all of the above was necessary.

Clutch wear went from 31% to 33%

Fuel was 687.05 for about 2.5k miles. I'm not trying to work out the MPG as the price has been all over the place.
    Last edited by Mike01606; 21-05-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Fuel was 687.05 for about 2.5k miles. I'm not trying to work out the MPG as the price has been all over the place.
    A quick stab says probably somewhere in the high teens which sounds reasonable to me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast