Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 328 Tinkering

Name
    Graham

Sorry in advance for the inane question but I want to replace the screws and washers in the rear grill with new black ones. You can see they are currently silver and they do not look too great against the black grill etc.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377974304.168165.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  49.8 KB

Maranello have these but want to charge silly money for delivery. I've tried halfords without any joy.

Does anyone know where might be a good place to find them?

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

take tem out and stick them into a piece of card so they are partially screwed into the card then spay them with some Halfords black bumper paint.

when you put them back use a thin duster between the screw and screwdiver :-)

Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    take tem out and stick them into a piece of card so they are partially screwed into the card then spay them with some Halfords black bumper paint.

when you put them back use a thin duster between the screw and screwdiver :-)
    Thanks for the tip Jeff

I'd prefer to find some black screws if poss but I'll give this a go if I draw a blank.

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

put

self tapping screws black

in ebay - should be something there suitable

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Interesting thread Graham and a lovely 328 too.

Keep the post coming.

Thanks !
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    Interesting thread Graham and a lovely 328 too.

Keep the post coming.

Thanks !
    Thanks Andy. Wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in my mundane posts

It's a useful way of keeping a record of the odd bits I do to my car too.

Cheers

Graham

Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    in ebay - should be something there suitable
    Now why didn't I think of that..? Loads on there and found what I needed in about 20 secs.
    Cheers!

Name
    paul elton

Default tinkering

Hi graham here is another good tip. take key that opens the car door and insert it in the barrel like thing [you will find in under the steering wheel] rotate it clockwise [dont worry about the mechanical noise coming from behind you thats normal] next you should find a stick looking thing next to your left knee on the knob on top of the stick you will find a letter R move the stick thing the way the R is telling you, having first pushed down hard on the pedal on the far left on the floor, slowly take the weight off the pedal the automobile will start to move (dont panic this again is normal) take it out the garage and use it. How are you graham hope you are ok.Are you going to prescott? take care elt.

Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by elt View Post
    Hi graham here is another good tip. take key that opens the car door and insert it in the barrel like thing [you will find in under the steering wheel] rotate it clockwise [dont worry about the mechanical noise coming from behind you thats normal] next you should find a stick looking thing next to your left knee on the knob on top of the stick you will find a letter R move the stick thing the way the R is telling you, having first pushed down hard on the pedal on the far left on the floor, slowly take the weight off the pedal the automobile will start to move (dont panic this again is normal) take it out the garage and use it. How are you graham hope you are ok.Are you going to prescott? take care elt.
    Took this advice early this morning - I had been wondering why it was so expensive.. It came alive and I all but **** myself!

I have to say it's a joy to drive on empty roads in the early morning. I haven't really driven many other Ferraris hard but my 328 is great fun when given some wellie. The grin factor is huge and it feels like it wants you to push on and on. Thanks again to all those who advised me to go for this model

Not going to Prescott elt as have another commitment but we are taking the car to Salon Prive on Thurs with the FOC. I'll try to get along to the next Thursday evening meet too. Cheers.

Name
    Graham

Had a spare 30 mins this morning so got round to replacing the screws and washers on the rear grill to the black ones I bought.

From this -
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378206253.388062.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  19.4 KB

To this -
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378206283.670793.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  18.0 KB

I know this will seem ridiculous to some but it really has improved the look of the car not having 8 rusty silver screws on show. Its also provided a decent fix for my obsessive disorder :-)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast