Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying advice

Name
    Gary

Red face Buying advice

First time i posted but been way too busy too use Fchat (and then found some had defected to here)and anyway want some good old fashioned advice/opinion!
    Had the 575 two years now and its time for a change.
    options are 430 and pay over list, Gallardo, Superamerica, DB9 or Vanquish S, Ford GT or wait and pay over odds to speculator on 599!
    i think i am fed up with V12 depreciation after a 456 and 575 and want to have something everyday useable but not Porsche.

what would you guys do?

Name
    jos

Name
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Garyh
    First time i posted but been way too busy too use Fchat (and then found some had defected to here)and anyway want some good old fashioned advice/opinion!
    options are 430 and pay over list, Gallardo, Superamerica, DB9 or Vanquish S, Ford GT or wait and pay over odds to speculator on 599!
    i think i am fed up with V12 depreciation after a 456 and 575 and want to have something everyday useable but not Porsche.

what would you guys do?
    Welcome Gary! Glad you joined us!

If it's a Superamerica you fancy, there are 3 possibly 4 in the showroom at Maranello Egham! Bearing in mind how few were actually made, it seems they may not be the most desirable bit of kit, so the prices may be very biddable!

The DB9 is lovely, but too tame for my liking, but as you say you want to use it every day, it's probably your best bet.....apart from the fact that the XK8 is now available, and once the XKR comes out, I think DB9s are going to depreciate rapidly!

The Gallardo is a great car, but make sure you've got something else in the garage for when it breaks, and a huge pile of cash in reserve, I understand you'll need it!

With the Vanquish S, you have the problem that there aren't many used ones around yet, and the new price is stupid compared to the DB9, which in turn is stupid compared to the XKR!

If you want to be stared at a lot, mainly by kit-car enthusiasts, then buy the Ford GT! Don't forget to have plenty of change to pay for 2 parking spaces all the time, otherwise you won't be able to get in and out of the car!

If you can find a 430, they're stunning cars, I can't believe just how good they are, and as Jos has pointed out, one of the brethren may have his available, and I think there's a sensible deal to be done there!

Good luck anyway, it's a nice problem to have!

Name
    Gary

Thanks, didnt realise the Gallardo was a problem , had assumed the audi parentage solved those issues! know what you mean about the others , but the new Jag just doesnt look good enough to my eyes. If the SA is available at the right price could be tempted as it could hold value like the Barchetta?
    Having said that for circa 70k more than a DB9.....

Name
    Simon Belli

I would go for the 430

stimo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Banned user
    Name
    a

what would you guys do?
    Could get a Gallardo and a XK8/R for the same price as a Vanquish S or 599 !

I'd go for the 430 if i were you, as Clive said the DB9 is a brilliant brialliant car but im not sure its what your looking for. Its not raw and exciting, its comfortable and smooth !

Name
    Gary

i like 430 but have a concern that it will quickly become as "common" as the 360 and thus values will suffer - is that a valid concern?

SteveP Guest

i like 430 but have a concern that it will quickly become as "common" as the 360 and thus values will suffer - is that a valid concern?

all cars will depreciate

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

I would imagine that the hit you'll suffer on a 430 will be substantially less than the one you're about to experience on the 575

Name
    Gary

already got used to that , 170,478 to 90K in 28 months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast