Thread: oemxenonshop.com - legitimate?

Name
    Adam

Lightbulb oemxenonshop.com - legitimate?

Hey all

has anyone ever bought anything off of this website, they are based in China but in comparison rather cheap to the usual sources. Hmmm

Just wondered if they were likely to produce the real deal or not?

Otherwise, if you have light issues, dive in, its far cheaper.

http://www.oemxenonshop.com/Ferrari-...placement.html

Thanks

Kyodo is online now Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Maybe they'll be fine but yet again it's a case of the Chinese trying to sell cheap goods around the world. Target an expensive item - copy it and try to undercut the market. I'm sure Ferrari wouldn't like the idea of this site using their logo and name as to try to look authentic. The site has credit card symbols in the footer but they don't take card payment and where are the prices?. Do we think they buy '100% genuine' parts from Europe, ship them all the way to China then sell them back to us cheaply. They're rip-offs.

I guess it's a matter of choice. How would you feel if you fitted something from this source and it cooked something else in your Ferrari's electrical system?!

I know this comes across as one big grumble but i for one am sick of buying cheap sub-standard rubbish!! And then we wonder why our manufacturing and jobs and disappeared in our part of the world...

Name
    Adam

ok i ve decided not to go down that route, after finding the same website under a different name i think i will stay clear.

During my research ive found that the Xenon ballast control units are much the same with the exception of the last 2 digits which i beleive are just vehicle type specific rather than anything difierent with the actual unit.

Does anyone know for sure, because the what appears to be the same product but a different last 2 number difference can be bought for about 50 in the UK yet you mention the word Ferrari and its about 250.

Picture of what i need below, of course if anyone has a spare for sale?

Thanks

Name
    Mark

Good luck getting the car sorted. I realise it's the Grigio Spider you got off the BB cowboys. Once you sort out the niggles, I'm sure it'll be great

550v12 is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I've looked at fitting Xenons as the original headlamps leave something to be desired.

From what I found you need the "Canbus" version if you have a bulb failure system fitted.
    There are different quality parts available from China. I've heard of wiring fires caused by poor quality items.

There was an article on Ferrari Chat from a guy who'd fitted units from an Audi S4. These are Valeo units which presumably are not Chinese copies. This is what I'm planning to fit to my 550.

I have the article saved as a Word doc if anybody is interested.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 550v12 View Post
    I've heard of wiring fires caused by poor quality items.
    That's what I'd be afraid of!!

I'd be interested in improving the standard headlights of our 360 if you have any useful info

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    if you have any useful info
    Search = xenon - this is not the only thread http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ighlight=xenon

Name
    o yunus

Default oemxenonshop.com - legitimate? no problems and can be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Search = xenon - this is not the only thread http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ighlight=xenon
    I am posting here because I couldn't find any reviews on the company and took a leap of faith as I needed an item for my Maserati and the dealerships are extortionate.

Paid 350 usd via debit card and sweated for 10 days until the parts arrived.

So arrived ok and no problems. Parts fitted well.

They communicated via email and Whatsapp.
    Written English was very good. Spoken a little broken but able to understand and be understood.

Their whatsapp number is +86 186 5709 5955 (free calls and text).

I would have no problem using them again.