Nigel Robinson

Default AIB Insurance

Thanks for helping me out - much appreciated

AIBInsurance is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Sponsor
    Name
    AIB Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Magic12 View Post
    Thanks for helping me out - much appreciated
    Your welcome Magic12 - it was our pleasure (although I have no idea who you actually are!)
    Call AIB Insurance on 02380 268351 - offering tailored insurance for over 20 years

Name
    D

I am disappointed with the lack of service from AIB.

I called them on Monday and spoke to a chap who (with respect) seemed rather unprofessional and utterly clueless. He'd never heard of a 360 Modena, let alone a Challenge Stradale. He took my details and said he would get back to me the same day.

I had to call again on Wednesday, because I had heard nothing back. I spoke to another chap, who seemed more clued up and said that they were moving but that was no excuse for not reverting to me. He promised he would get back to me on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I haven't heard back and it is now Friday. Locktons and Admiral got back to me the same day.

Not very professional and I hope AIB take note of this post. I won't be chasing them any further.

It's one thing to not have an ideal quote, but quite another to not even respond.
    Last edited by Advocatus; 02-05-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

Default Recent Experience with AIB

I have been talking to Nigel at AIB about insuring my cars with them. I have not had problems along the line you outline, Advocatus, but in their defense, I know they moved to new offices about 5 miles away on Monday of this week.

The quote I had for my 575M from Locktons was almost 1,000 whereas they quoted only 525 for a 550 which really made no sense as they are basically the same car. AIB are currently talking about 750 and are very keen to take over all of our family vehicles ( in total 11 cars and 3 bikes ). Most of these fall due in mid June which coincides with our collecting the Ferrari from Italy on 12th June. The two vehicles that have already fallen due in March and April have been switched to AIB at a reasonable saving and an acceptable standard of service.

My one observation is that Locktons were happy to send me full terms and conditions for the FOC scheme immediately but I've yet to see anything from ABI for the Ferrari despite asking.

The excuse given is that they won't yet have rates for June until mid-May so can't tell me who they will be recommending. All they are saying is that the terms for the standard cars will be much better than with Admiral Multicar who currently insures five of them. Naturally I will not be insuring the 575M with them until I have the opportunity to compare the terms.

The three bikes fall due for renewal with Carole Nash on 12th May so I'm currently waiting to see what AIB have to offer for them.
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

I spoke with Darren at AIB yesterday afternoon, gave him the details of the car and myself who promised a call back this morning with a quote.

I received the quote today as promised but it was all verbal, i.e. no written quote is given as we are "an old fashioned company" that apparently do not give quotes.

They tell people on the phone what it will cost, some details of the cover and if you like it you pay your money. Nothing written down but if you do not like the cover when you receive and read the documents they will give a full refund.

Not sure I like that approach. After a little push I received an email from Darren with some words about the cover but that's all.

So sorry AIB, I do not like that approach and will not be doing any business with you even if like you say, you insure "half the cars on Club Scuderia"

Name
    delbert

Interesting - I have had the same experience!! Nothing on paper until payment made! I also had a look at customer feedback about the insurance company underwriting the policy and it did not read well. Think its still Lockton's Chubb classic policy for me - worth the extra 80 for the peace of mind!

Name
    Chris S

I hope that the boys at AIB read this thread and take note of what we are all saying.

The days are long gone when one takes things at face value without reading the small print.

As a recently retired IFA, I know that General Insurance Brokers such as AIB have regulatory requirements over disclosure of terms and conditions and I'm not certain that these are being met, at least in the spirit of the regulations even if they are following the strict legal interpretation.

I think we need a reply here, Darren and Nigel - So far I have found you both helpful and knowledgeable but if you want more clients from this forum, we need to see a change in your way of working.

Name
    John

My renewal falls due in mid May. I wanted to get competitive quotes in advance so with that in mind I phoned AIB about 3 weeks ago. I spoke to a guy who was a little too "jack the lad" for my liking. Gave me a lot of spiel and the outcome was that he would save me a load of money and to give him a phone when my Lockton renewal figure came in. I didn't argue but what I really wanted was a quote from him as his full and final figure not just to undercut Lockton. Very unimpressed and definitely wont be contacting them again.

Name
    Paul

I used to be insured with AIB but they messed me about a lot ! so I have recently switched over to a company called knightwoodprm
    top guys niche broker know exactly what they are talking about.

Name
    Chris S

I spoke to Darren again this morning about my motorcycle renewal which falls due on Monday.

Once again I was offered a policy without seeing terms and conditions. I told Darren about the recent comments here and pointed out that they are unlikely to get much business from discerning Ferrari owners without being prepared to send out terms and conditions like most companies do, including Locktons.

I suggested that they should read what has been posted here and take note.

They want to take over all our family motor insurance which is three bikes and eleven cars including one Ferrari and two classic cars. The bikes are due on Monday and nine of the cars including the Ferrari need insuring in mid June.

In principle I find they are helpful and know their subject but I have told them that they will not get our business unless I have all the details in advance to compare.

We will see what happens........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast