Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 348 Rear End Resto!

Name
    GQ

That's the word I was thinking of!

Any reason why they don't match up with the cylinder numbers?

Name
    Jeff

Would they match if you swapped the coil packs bacjk over to the correct sise or would they still be wrong?

Name
    Nick

Do the coil packs have the yellow stickers top and bottom.? 1-4 and 5-8 on each.Mine did. If so you can reverse them. As Jeff said they may have been
    swapped for checking. They are only handed by the stickers. Same part numbers.

The retaining nut for the centre butterfly is locked with a tab washer. I imagine this could be tricky to release as access is limited under the manifold.
    If you can knock the tab back you should be able to undo the 13mm nut. Others have done it. I took the manifold off in one piece so it was easy.

Name
    GQ

Re coil pack - Labels are only one side but if I use the numbers reflected (if that makes sense) they would line up to the correct cylinders - i.e. 8 would become 1.

So would it hurt if I swapped the coil packs back to where they should be and used the correct labelling?

I think I might take the manifold off. I guess fuel rail / injectors need to come off aswell?

Name
    Matt

Ref coil pack stickers - can only relay my experience.

When I bought my car, no stickers. I coveted other's stickers.
    I took many photos and sighed.
    I drew them out on CAD to get the printed for me at a local printers.

De-mounted one of my coil packs to give it a clean - and "boom!" the sticker from the other side was on the underneath.
    Swapped (and hence inverted) both coil packs, and voila I have stickers (for the win!)

I have no idea if they came with stickers top and bottom, or if they've been swapped in the past as part of some fault tree diagnosis, and not swapped back because it worked.
    But if you are "without" have a look underneath you may be pleasantly surprised.

Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Re coil pack - Labels are only one side but if I use the numbers reflected (if that makes sense) they would line up to the correct cylinders - i.e. 8 would become 1.

So would it hurt if I swapped the coil packs back to where they should be and used the correct labelling?

I think I might take the manifold off. I guess fuel rail / injectors need to come off aswell?
    If you intend to paint it all then you will have to strip the manifold. Worth checking or changing injector seals as you are in there. You can swap the coils
    and use the correct labelling. If you have any problems with that pm me your address and I will send you some new stickers. N.

Name
    GQ

Thanks Nick - Labels are all in tact so I think I'll swap them over to where they should be.

Name
    GQ

Well looks like this all won't be a complete waste of time. This water pipe under the plenum is just starting to fail and wet to the touch. Why its tightened so much I don't know

Name:  DSC07217.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  60.5 KB

Name
    Carl

These came up on my engine out last month. All age related bits but double check all your coolant hoses. If they're the originals they may start to have signs of degradation and cracking. Something you don't want to go back to when engine is back in. Also be mindful ....will they last till next 'engine out'. Check the oil breather pipe that runs down the valley as this is prone to splitting and weeping.(it's the one pipe that makes your eyes water as you cannot get elsewhere but ferrari). Great to see you tackle this yourself. Step too far for me

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Looks like someone didn't know their own strength when tightening that hose up!!!
    Must of used a large socket wrench instead of a screwdriver----yikes!!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast