Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 348 Rear End Resto!

Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Well looks like this all won't be a complete waste of time. This water pipe under the plenum is just starting to fail and wet to the touch. Why its tightened so much I don't know

Attachment 138696
    Its been leaking over the years so people just keep tightening it more and more instead of dealing with the problem. `Its tricky to do on the car because
    of where it is and if the connector is knackered its probably manifold off.

Name
    Matt

Well looks like this all won't be a complete waste of time. This water pipe under the plenum is just starting to fail and wet to the touch. Why its tightened so much I don't know

Attachment 138696
    Is the jubilee clip even big enough to ever have allowed the pipe to be "fat" ?

Name
    Jeff

I'm not 100% sure but I think Hills do a stainless replacement

http://www.hillengineering.co.uk/cat...241-p-326.html

Common problem :-(

Name
    Paul

That water pipe is quite a common problem, i know Paul makes the stainless steel one but no keen on putting SS with alloy as they do react so i made a brass one for my engine

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/139313746-post159.html

Name
    Jeff

How did you find the removal of the existing pipe? I know someone else with a 328 had it just snap off so was a right pain to get out

Name
    GQ

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL V View Post
    That water pipe is quite a common problem, i know Paul makes the stainless steel one but no keen on putting SS with alloy as they do react so i made a brass one for my engine

Thats got me worried, that connection of yours looks horrendous! Didn't make a job lot of brass ones did you?

To satisfy my curiosity, just been out to have a look. Not looking particularly healthy! Any tips for getting this out as there doesn't seem to be anything for a spanner to grab onto or should I clean-up and leave alone?

Name:  DSC07260.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  46.1 KB
    Last edited by Quigs; 25-11-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Name
    GQ

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL V View Post

Actually, I wonder if I can get a brass fuel line fitting in that thread?

Did you spray your manifold or has it been shot blast and painted?

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    How did you find the removal of the existing pipe? I know someone else with a 328 had it just snap off so was a right pain to get out
    Just heated it up and undid it with a pair of mole grips

Thats got me worried, that connection of yours looks horrendous! Didn't make a job lot of brass ones did you?

To satisfy my curiosity, just been out to have a look. Not looking particularly healthy! Any tips for getting this out as there doesn't seem to be anything for a spanner to grab onto or should I clean-up and leave alone?

Name:  DSC07260.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  46.1 KB
    Sorry no only made the one for my Engine, i would remove the manifold and heat it up and undo it with some mole grips, mine came out quite easy. If you want to send me your water manifold i don't mind making you one up, however this wont be until mid next month as i am away to the USA in a few days.

Actually, I wonder if I can get a brass fuel line fitting in that thread?

Did you spray your manifold or has it been shot blast and painted?
    Not sure about the fuel lines as i made that part myself.

Yes the manifolds were shot blasted and powder coated by redditch shot blast in crinkly black as they can not do the crinkle finish in silver, the plan was to give it a light dusting in silver but elected to leave it black as i think it looks better.

Name
    Nick

Although Redditch Shotblasting did my plenum in the silver he said he would not do another as it was too difficult and
    had to have a few goes to get it right. A problem with the powder apparently. Time is money to a busy company I
    guess. I think Paul may have had this issue before me but they still had a go with mine as they had a new batch of
    coating in stock. It came out nice but they struggled. Good on them for trying again. Worth an ask.

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Although Redditch Shotblasting did my plenum in the silver he said he would not do another as it was too difficult and
    had to have a few goes to get it right. A problem with the powder apparently. Time is money to a busy company I
    guess. I think Paul may have had this issue before me but they still had a go with mine as they had a new batch of
    coating in stock. It came out nice but they struggled. Good on them for trying again. Worth an ask.
    They had mine for nearly 6 months trying, had the rep down from the supplier to try and sort out the problem. They gave up in the end, but like i said i like it in black now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast