Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malaysia GP

Chriss is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Chris S

I take your point, Pete, but a 4x WDC worthy of those titles should be able to consistently outperform Kimi who many regard as well past his best in motivation.

I don't subscribe to that view of Kimi. Given a car that's a worthy successor to his 2013 Lotus with Ferrari money and power I think he will at least equal Vettel and, just maybe, beat him.

Hope So !

If Hamilton doesn't get a third title I would want to see Kimi get his second.
    A proper car has a V12 engine in the front

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    I take your point, Pete, but a 4x WDC worthy of those titles should be able to consistently outperform Kimi who many regard as well past his best in motivation.

I don't subscribe to that view of Kimi. Given a car that's a worthy successor to his 2013 Lotus with Ferrari money and power I think he will at least equal Vettel and, just maybe, beat him.

Hope So !

If Hamilton doesn't get a third title I would want to see Kimi get his second.
    What makes the difference between a great driver and a WDC ? I'd say the differences are tiny but they must include being on the ball and having your car ready, queuing for Q2 when there's a storm on the horizon and having the ability to keep out of trouble at the start and look after your tyres when you need to.

I'm sure all these drivers would lap within half a second of each other in the same car, so you have to look at the other aspects. VET and Button are both masters at looking after their tyres and keeping the car in the track. Kimi is a great driver - when he wants to be. To be WDC, that needs to be all the time, on and off track.

I too was a VET critic during his Red Bull years but to a degree, I hope he can prove me wrong. He certainly impressed me this weekend, not just the win but qualifying and the cool head. I can't see Kimi keeping up with him and that will make him the teams No. 2 driver, which will inevitably effect his mind set. However, I'm also sceptical Ferrari have improved the car 'that' much and I think we'll see a much bigger gap again next race.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123