Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Default Bahrain GP

What are your predictions?

I'd like to think Ferrari will be a little closer to the Mercs but not sure they will be. Be interesting to see what happens if Kimi get's a free run at it though.

Thoughts?

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Think ROS will make an extra effort this weekend.

ROS
    HAM
    VET
    RAI
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Philip

Looks like Nico has just the edge on Lewis against the clock again this year. So it's looking interesting both for the mind games and the racing. If they go head to head again in the race like last year we're in for a treat. I'd like to see the Ferraris in the mix, it'll be interesting to see how the tyre ware, strategies, etc. pan out. If Ferrari can't keep with the Mercs, hopefully we'll get to see Kimi go head to head with Seb.

Name
    cgt

I'd like to see Rosberg actually make a clean overtake on Hamilton, something he has failed to do in at least a year. The last time he tried was in Spa. In contrast, even when starting behind, Hamilton has passed Rosberg on many occasions.

Come to think of it, I'm trying to remember the last time Rosberg came off better against anyone in a wheel to wheel battle. All well and good having a car advantage, but even Vettel has proven that he can dice and pass when required, and this is a basic requirement of a top line driver.

Name
    cgt

Oh and Ferrari look very strong in race pace, my bet is for Kimi to be slightly ahead on Sunday, but in cooler evening temps the Mercs will have an advantage.

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

Hamilton by a mile...

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Watched Qualifying yesterday evening and was pleasantly surprised and looking forward to seeing what Ferrari can do in the race.

Ferrari are pretty much always stronger in the race than qualifying and Kimi can, on occasion, show pure brilliance off the line and into the first few corners - Nico could easily see himself in P4 after the first lap, particularly as Lewis will probably be taking keeping in Nico's way off the line as goal number 1.

My call for the race will be that the Ferraris will push Lewis more than some thought/think they will but it probably won't be enough. Nico might be up near Lewis if he gets a good start but if Lewis gets in his way (deliberately) and Kimi plays a blinder off the line and round the first few corners I can't see Nico out-racing the other 3 on the track.

My podium prediction is Lewis, Seb, Kimi (with Nico coming up with ever more inventive excuses in the drivers' pen afterwards).

Name
    Mallard

I think LH will be focused on the 2nd placed man on the grid. SV is his closest rival both in qualifying and the drivers championship. I think that Mercedes and Ferrari might split their drivers tyre strategies depending what happens off the line and the first few laps.
    Looking forward to an interesting race.

Name
    Philip

Brilliant qualifying run from Lewis Nico had been quicker in free practice, so was Lewis sandbagging or does he just have what it takes to put that ultimate qualifying lap together?

The Ferraris were quick and it looks like they've got great race pace. We look to be set for a great first few corners with Seb & Kimi starting either side of Nico.

If Lewis gets away cleanly ahead of Seb I think we'll be seeing more of the tyre management style of race we saw in China. Not flat out racing but interesting strategy wise nonetheless. Is Seb gets away first, then it will be interesting to see if Lewis can push for and achieve a pass without killing his tyres. I'd guess not, in which case it'll come down tyre management, the pit stops, and the in/out laps.

Anyway, looks like Ferrari are right back in the mix and were in for an interesting season

Name
    Philip

Good race...

Solid overtaking moves by Nico, atypical mistakes from Seb, a solid run from Kimi on a different strategy to an excellent second place, and a master class controlled race from Lewis. Ferrari are definitely there or there abouts, it wouldn't take much of a swing now to have Mercedes AMG having to chase them. The track temperatures and the tyres doesn't seem to be the sole differentiator as seemed the case after QL. Mercedes "brake-bye-wire" problems sounded to be a marginal set-up with overheating in close order racing As a driver you'd want that one sorted. Excellent post race interview from Toto Wolfe, very open. Also great insight into the Ferrari strategy software in response to the Eddie Jordan suggestion that they'd left Kimi out a couple of laps too long (which TBH I was beginning to think was the case during the race when he was dropping over a second a lap).

Anyway, I enjoyed it, and we look set for an interesting season to come

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast