Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vettel title challenge?

Name
    cgt

Default Vettel title challenge?

Vettel is 21 points behind Rosberg, who is 21 points behind Hamilton. Rosberg seems to be only focused on Hamilton which to some extent has allowed SV to sneak up. James Allen suggests that Rosberg chose to take hard tyres in Hungary purely to cover Hamilton's strategy and paid no attention to the Ferraris in front.

With Ferrari bringing a more powerful engine to Spa, I think SV is one to watch. He has vast experience of winning championships and is very much a thinking driver.

Reminds me of 2007 in some ways when Hamilton and Alonso were so focused on their internal battle, Kimi crept up quietly and took the big prize at the end.

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

It did seem that for the first time this season, the Ferraris were actually pulling away from the Mercs. Before SC, VET had about a 20 second lead over ROS and was still pulling away. I had no commentary when I watched the race, did they even comment on this change ?

Heading to SPA this year, a little bit more excited now
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Mallard

Ferrari sandbagged all through the practices and it was quite a surprise in qualifying although some teams knew.
    I think that Spa will be a different sort of race but if Ferrari have a improved engine who knows.
    The change in starts which will commence in Spa might have an effect as well.
    SV will always have a chance whilst it is so close at the top and the pressure becomes more intense between Nico and Lewis.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default Vettel title challenge?

I still think Vettel isn't good enough when not leading from the front......
    The Merc doesn't appear to be as good in dirty air but I don't believe Hamilton would have let him romp off.
    Bodes well for the remainder of the season though.....it was all getting very dull.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I still think Vettel isn't good enough when not leading from the front......
    The Merc doesn't appear to be as good in dirty air but I don't believe Hamilton would have let him romp off.
    Bodes well for the remainder of the season though.....it was all getting very dull.
    I do suspect Hamilton will take this one as his dominance is pretty strong. But I think Vettel has a strong chance of coming 2nd and as we saw again Rosberg is hopeless in wheel to wheel racing. Vettel is certainly better than him when coming from behind.

Name
    cgt

Interesting from a journalist who has usually been very pro-Rosberg

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...itle-ambition/

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    I do suspect Hamilton will take this one as his dominance is pretty strong. But I think Vettel has a strong chance of coming 2nd and as we saw again Rosberg is hopeless in wheel to wheel racing. Vettel is certainly better than him when coming from behind.
    Totally agree.......

How about a new points system.

10 points for pole and then 10 points for the race with the grid reversed.

How good would that be

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Totally agree.......

How about a new points system.

10 points for pole and then 10 points for the race with the grid reversed.

How good would that be
    Reverse the start line with Hamilton at the back - good idea can't wait see half the field eliminated at the first corner - oh I do love a tasty crash

Name
    Mal

Hungary was the circuit that is least reliant on engine power. I would be surprised to see the Ferrari as competitive again unless the engine upgrades are pretty spectacular.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Mercs have plenty in hand I think. And Bernie told them to let someone else win to stop all the whinging.

Vettel is very unlikely to win the title IMO.

Rosberg is broken and was never really good enough IMO. Like Massa was in 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast