Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 599GTB - Modificato Project

Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Sorry to hear your car has been hit but I would regard the insurance car as a freeby "trial" , so why hold out for another Italian V12 ??? try something different. I would have taken any on the list except for the merc. You can enjoy piling some mileage on someone elses car and drive it like you stole it
    As above it's going to take a while to fix yours so providing it's not a mileage limit vehicle. Road trip. The Highlands would be a great place to blast through returning via the lakes, dive into Wales and back.👍I'd also put my daily in the garage and use it

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

When I get my car serviced, it's away for either a week or a fortnight - I'd be treating this the same as that - as long as it comes back fixed in a reasonable timescale, I wouldn't be worried about a replacement.

That said, try and get hold of an FF and let me know what you think

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default 599GTB - Modificato Project

Could it not be cheaper for them to treat as a total loss?
    A months hire (conservative if it needs new panels) of a Ferrari V12 plus repair will probably exceed the cut off.
    My Hiscox policy has equivalent hire car up to a 4 grand limit which would be fine providing they can fix within a week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    F50 could have had flappy paddles, but they didn't because it would have detracted from the experience.
    Or perhaps because the F50 pre-dated Ferrari adding them to road cars

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Sorry to hear your car has been hit but I would regard the insurance car as a freeby "trial" , so why hold out for another Italian V12 ??? try something different. I would have taken any on the list except for the merc. You can enjoy piling some mileage on someone elses car and drive it like you stole it
    +1

Sorry to hear about the accident As you're a fan of modern technology why not ask for a Tesla

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Honestly? I wouldn't worry too much. I'd want to get my V12 off sharpish and out of those options would probably just take the Cali or the Lambo. Prefer the Cali I think. Hopefully it won't be for long
    This.

And...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Could it not be cheaper for them to treat as a total loss?
    A months hire (conservative if it needs new panels) of a Ferrari V12 plus repair will probably exceed the cut off.
    My Hiscox policy has equivalent hire car up to a 4 grand limit which would be fine providing they can fix within a week!
    This.

If you take the piss too much you could find yourself with unintended consequences. Pushing the boat out on this sort of thing costs everybody as insurance premiums simply go up across the board.

I'd take the Cali or the Gallardo, though if they'd offered me something else completely I'd have taken it bearing in mind you're going to get your car fixed by the right people.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Or perhaps because the F50 pre-dated Ferrari adding them to road cars
    Yep, realised it predated the 355F1 by a year or two so although it was probably developed when the F50 was launched, it probably wouldn't have been when the F50 was in development. Anyway, couldn't be bothered to go back and edit

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Yep, realised it predated the 355F1 by a year or two so although it was probably developed when the F50 was launched, it probably wouldn't have been when the F50 was in development. Anyway, couldn't be bothered to go back and edit
    You should spend some time with a decent paddle shift car. They really don't detract from driving a good sportscar.

(Bad ones are awful though!).

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    You should spend some time with a decent paddle shift car. They really don't detract from driving a good sportscar.

(Bad ones are awful though!).
    Yep, I'm sure they don't really.

Thing is I like older, more mechanical cars...... although I do like new ones too. If I could have 2 cars and money was no object I'd have one old V12, maybe a 250 Lusso, which I'd keep forever and love her with all her dodgy build quality, manual gears, interesting handling, guessing questionable reliability but I'd enjoy tinkering when she broke ......and then I'd have a 488 Spider which I'd love having paddles, I'd want to work flawlessly and never brake, I'd expect build quality to be impeccable etc. and I'd flip her each time the newest better model became available

I think you look for different things in a modern car to an older one. It's a different experience. It's not that I don't get modern tech in a car or don't like it, it's just that I like old cars as well. I think some feel newer is always better but I think it's far more subjective than that and you can't 'work out' how enjoyable a car is from specs and graphs. It's all about the experience it gives you.

Name
    Mr Moderation

I would be careful on this and just accept something and don't be too pushy. It could back fire massively if the other insurer makes a objection about your hire car and you could be out of pocket. I had a F430 as a replacement for a few days when my old TR was repaired-I got a car as it was my only car at the time. If it is not your sole car, then insurance company may think different.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast