Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 599GTB - Modificato Project

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    This.

And...

This.

If you take the piss too much you could find yourself with unintended consequences. Pushing the boat out on this sort of thing costs everybody as insurance premiums simply go up across the board.

I'd take the Cali or the Gallardo, though if they'd offered me something else completely I'd have taken it bearing in mind you're going to get your car fixed by the right people.
    Take the piss???!!?!?!
    Not a chance my car is in bracket SP13 for hire vehicle equivalent (the highest there is) they have admitted liability in writing, i have helped the out by still driving it after a safety critical partial repair was done until and will do until the parts arrive (saving them lots of money). Still when it goes in for repair they wanted to fob me off with a 911. I have thus appointed a lawyer and I will get full value from the insurer. I won't be paying a 10k deposit on the rental car for my risk either. I will get the full 'like-for-like' value while my car is being repaired. There is plenty of case law on this and the whole industry works on 'gaming' the claimant to reduce costs. This is the one in a million event they hope that doesn't happen but promise cover for when it does.

If in my business I didn't deliver on my promises I don't get paid it's simple.

This kids parents bought insurance from a respected Broker because they promised a level of service if they can't deliver its literally their loss.

Frankly the offer of a 911 and 100 a day of Tesco vouchers over the phone when I could see from their website that they would be bagging 300 a day for giving me the privilege of the cheaper was an insult and triggered my ire. Why should we be 'grateful' that the car is going to be repaired by the 'right' people when the cover was taken stating repaired by the approved repairer for the marque?

It only costs 'everyone' if the industry is immoral.

This is not at all like a service so it's an irrelevant comparison its unplanned and not my fault, it's down to the careless actions of another driver.

My car was going to be used all summer every weekend and beyond until the salt comes it's now going to be missing for a while.
    Last edited by Modificato; 10-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Mike01606 is online now Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Take the piss???!!?!?!
    Not a chance my car is in bracket SP13 for hire vehicle equivalent (the highest there is) they have admitted liability in writing, i have helped the out by still driving it after a safety critical partial repair was done until and will do until the parts arrive (saving them lots of money). Still when it goes in for repair they wanted to fob me off with a 911. I have thus appointed a lawyer and I will get full value from the insurer. I won't be paying a 10k deposit on the rental car for my risk either. I will get the full 'like-for-like' value while my car is being repaired. There is plenty of case law on this and the whole industry works on 'gaming' the claimant to reduce costs. This is the one in a million event they hope that doesn't happen but promise cover for when it does.

If in my business I didn't deliver on my promises I don't get paid it's simple.

This kids parents bought insurance from a respected Broker because they promised a level of service if they can't deliver its literally their loss.

Frankly the offer of a 911 and 100 a day of Tesco vouchers over the phone when I could see from their website that they would be bagging 300 a day for giving me the privilege of the cheaper was an insult and triggered my ire. Why should we be 'grateful' that the car is going to be repaired by the 'right' people when the cover was taken stating repaired by the approved repairer for the marque?

It only costs 'everyone' if the industry is immoral.

This is not at all like a service so it's an irrelevant comparison its unplanned and not my fault, it's down to the careless actions of another driver.

My car was going to be used all summer every weekend and beyond until the salt comes it's now going to be missing for a while.
    So who are you suing? The driver, his insurance company or yours?

Surely your insurance company covers the costs and claims back through the third party and that's where the problems occur if they believe the costs are unreasonable....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

In my experience you will never beat the insurance company *******s department (AKA claims department), so your "hard line" might set you on the path to a big argument you wont win. If you want to keep the car I would be more concerned about getting the repairs done to my satisfaction.

Yes fight up to a point but if you come across as belligerent or are considered to be "taking the piss" then the costs might escalate to the point where your car is written off, and even agreed value can cause arguments.

In fact I would probably want the car written off, as it will now have a cat D marker against it, so no matter how good the repair is it will be worth less and more difficult to sell on. (General industry consensus is 15 to 20% less value). Yep its a bum deal for you as the innocent third party but you cant do much about it.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    In my experience you will never beat the insurance company *******s department (AKA claims department), so your "hard line" might set you on the path to a big argument you wont win. If you want to keep the car I would be more concerned about getting the repairs done to my satisfaction.

Yes fight up to a point but if you come across as belligerent or are considered to be "taking the piss" then the costs might escalate to the point where your car is written off, and even agreed value can cause arguments.

In fact I would probably want the car written off, as it will now have a cat D marker against it, so no matter how good the repair is it will be worth less and more difficult to sell on. (General industry consensus is 15 to 20% less value). Yep its a bum deal for you as the innocent third party but you cant do much about it.
    Surely it will only be marked as Cat D if it's not repaired and is written off? there are many new cars which have incurred significant damage, some whilst in transit, which are repaired and no one is the wiser.

Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    Surely it will only be marked as Cat D if it's not repaired and is written off? there are many new cars which have incurred significant damage, some whilst in transit, which are repaired and no one is the wiser.
    Good point I am sure we will have an "insurance expert" on the forum who will know more than me about these things. However whenever I have done my own checks on any car I recall there is a section that checks for insurance claims against the vehicle ?? so it may still have some sort of marker ???

Name
    CPD

A car can only become Cat D if it was stolen and I was paid out before it was recovered OR it was lightly damaged (as you can argue mine is) and the car was written off.

An insurer will only do that if the total cost of the claim was more than the agreed value of the car.

So let's imagine my car is worth 120k (current agreed value with my insurer)

The repairs look like they will amount to around 20k at the approved Ferrari body. Let's say his repairs are covered for 10k (he was a young driver so could have well been TPFT).

An SP13 level car rental is between 5k to 7k a week and I will probably be without the car for one or two weeks.

I can't believe how cap doffing people on here are.

After they tried to game me on the 'like for like' car they lost any goodwill I had towards the situation so informed my own insurer and I engaged a legal rep to take away the hassle and keep them honest.

I am hardly being arsey.

I could have refused to drive the car at the roadside until a full safety check was done and I could have triggered a rental car from day one. I could have feigned whiplash like 70% of people involved in road accidents now do.

I was being totally reasonable until a helpline operator tried to buy me off (obviously incentivised to do so) and give me a lower value replacement and bagging 75% of the savings for her bonus / employer.

I am being remarkably reasonable given what has happened.

Fluffekins is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    A car can only become Cat D if it was stolen and I was paid out before it was recovered OR it was lightly damaged (as you can argue mine is) and the car was written off.

An insurer will only do that if the total cost of the claim was more than the agreed value of the car.

So let's imagine my car is worth 120k (current agreed value with my insurer)

The repairs look like they will amount to around 20k at the approved Ferrari body. Let's say his repairs are covered for 10k (he was a young driver so could have well been TPFT).

An SP13 level car rental is between 5k to 7k a week and I will probably be without the car for one or two weeks.

I can't believe how cap doffing people on here are.

After they tried to game me on the 'like for like' car they lost any goodwill I had towards the situation so informed my own insurer and I engaged a legal rep to take away the hassle and keep them honest.

I am hardly being arsey.

I could have refused to drive the car at the roadside until a full safety check was done and I could have triggered a rental car from day one. I could have feigned whiplash like 70% of people involved in road accidents now do.

I was being totally reasonable until a helpline operator tried to buy me off (obviously incentivised to do so) and give me a lower value replacement and bagging 75% of the savings for her bonus / employer.

I am being remarkably reasonable given what has happened.

I've worked in the insurance industry for nearly 30 years, I can confirm that the helpline operator did not receive a bonus!

I've never really understood the need for a like for like replacement unless of course it is for a business. The credit hire market and legal framework around it is full of inflated fees and ridiculous charges, and does increase all of our insurance premiums.

As for whiplash, what a complete joke, a whole industry relies on people with a slightly stiff neck.

It's no wonder the industry is suspicious, equally the industry deserves what it gets as they have have been complicit in letting things get the way they are, and indeed have profited from it.

Name
    CPD

Default Needle in a haystack time...

Okay,

All Insurance drama sorted and car going in for repair, like for like car sourced and being delivered by the other parties insurer. I must tell you the 'household name' company was very poor no in respect of service but very much so in technical knowledge, especially the assessment of the repair, provenance of the car but hey ho I realise that in the UK service is pretty low in most outfits.

Anyway on to a new subject that I hope some sleuth can help with:-

In period the 599gtb and GTO had a track aerokit made available for customers to reach higher performance on track.

It is still available and can be found here listed under the GTO accessories options

http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/wp-con..._track_use.pdf

or here for the regular 599gtb

http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/wp-con..._track_use.pdf

Frustratingly the gtb listing suggests it includes a front splitter but only shows the GTO version. The GTO front bumper is significantly wider so that part wont fit.

So my questions are:-

1) Has anyone got any pictures of this fitted to a regular GTB?
    I pretty much know what the rest of the pieces look like but don't want to spend large on something I haven't seen

2) For the GTO it talks about different configurations for different speed tracks

a) C Pillar with spoiler
    b) Front spoiler
    c) Boot lid with large nolder
    d) High speed circuit pack
    e) Road circuit pack

Maranello list a pack but what I really need are the GTB specific part numbers

Name
    Simon Dutton

What replacement car did you manage to blag ???

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    What replacement car did you manage to blag ???
    Quite a laugh in the end - RR Ghost

I am doing a charity thing with the Battle of Britain memorial flight that fits really well with it so it had to be that over the Huracan that was offered as well.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast