Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America's Cup Trials

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Default America's Cup Trials

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    If you're sailing and not motoring then you should have left on Friday morning to get there for Saturday
    I did !

Fortunately, we go there with the tide and back with the tide, so worse case we drift there & back. However, forecast is F3 gusting F4, so hopefully we should arrive in style ... on the wire & flying a hull

The hardest bit will be stopping and holding still to actually view racing. There'll be a lot of boats out there and all of them a lot bigger. Unfortunately, most of those boats have spent the last 8 months in the marina and will be helmed by ***** with captain's caps and a head full of G&T ....
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    Geoff T

[QUOTE=AJ3XX;808392]I did !

Fortunately, we go there with the tide and back with the tide, so worse case we drift there & back. However, forecast is F3 gusting F4, so hopefully we should arrive in style ... on the wire & flying a hull

The hardest bit will be stopping and holding still to actually view racing. There'll be a lot of boats out there and all of them a lot bigger. Unfortunately, most of those boats have spent the last 8 months in the marina and will be helmed by ***** with captain's caps and a head full of G&T ....[/QUOT

have a great time

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Sailing a 15' cat there probably wasn't the smartest idea .....

Wind died completely half way crossing the Solent leaving us ( 4 cats ) basically drifting and paddling across one the busiest stretches of water ... Those cargo ships move extremely quickly and are rather scary close up.

Opposite for trip back, wind around Benbridge and Culver bay was up to F6 with a huge swell - very challenging. Lots of my body parts hurt today

It was so busy there and a huge amount of idiots blasting around in motorboats and lots of boats bashing into each other. It was hard to get a decent view but I did get to see them boats pretty close up at one point. Not foiling but still impressive.

Watched replay of BT Sports coverage this morning - Ben raced a couple of excellent tactical races with a fantastic start to race 3

Have to flick between F1 and Americas Cup today as both start at the same time
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12