Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent wax

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Swisswax Scuderia. Not cheap but a really good deep shine and smells fantastic - where some waxes smell a tad 'chemically' to me, Swisswax smells far more natural. Probably isn't but certainly smells like it is.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Thanks chaps for the support for our 55 wax, I personally guarantee you will be absolutely delighted with it.

With 55% pure white Carnauba its nice and soft, so dead easy to use, and at 68/tub (230ml), which will coat about 30-35 cars, great value too for this level of carnauba. Shine is Concours class - its won the Masterclass at the FOC Concours at least twice that I know of (550 and 246).

Collinite is a sealant, totally synthetic, so really best suited to your daily driver, as durability is its strong point. The DoDo waxes are 30% mixed natural waxes and illustrate that with wax products you generally get what you pay for, though the Scuderia is somewhat contradictory as its only 40% white Carnauba but costs 115 for 200ml.

Our Signature waxes can be seen here: http://www.morethanpolish.com/Race-G...aste-waxes.asp

Name
    Pete

There's no such thing as pure white Carnauba

But yep, really like your wax as well, Mark - mate of mine uses it. When I run out of Scuderia I may well switch

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    Collinite is a sealant, totally synthetic, so really best suited to your daily driver, as durability is its strong point.
    The tin of 915 I have in the garage describes itself as a "Carnauba Paste Wax" with a "high carnauba concentration". I don't think it can be beaten for the money.

Details here
    Last edited by redwedge; 22-11-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Name
    John Gould

Another vote for Swissvax products, although I am not sure that the premium waxes such as 'Scuderia' are worth the extra cost,despite having higher levels of carnauba than the basic 'Onyx'.

It is important to use cleaning fluid tp remove old polishes before applying any of these waxes for the first time.

High carnauba waxes, regardless of the brand, are easy to apply and go a long way, so in practice they are not as expensive as they may first appear.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default Decent wax

Anyone tried this?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/ca...9531&0&cc5_808

I was going to give it's go when my current wax is gone.
    A bit misleading as it says 100% canauba which it isn't....

ECP often have 30% off so should be obtainable for 75

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike01606; 23-11-2016 at 01:12 PM.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGTC View Post
    Another vote for Swissvax products, although I am not sure that the premium waxes such as 'Scuderia' are worth the extra cost,despite having higher levels of carnauba than the basic 'Onyx'.

It is important to use cleaning fluid tp remove old polishes before applying any of these waxes for the first time.

High carnauba waxes, regardless of the brand, are easy to apply and go a long way, so in practice they are not as expensive as they may first appear.
    My vote also for Swissvax Onyx

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGTC View Post

Don't get too hung up on Carnauba content. The highest grade Carnauba is T1, no purer Carnauba comes out of Brazil (where it all comes from). The amount of T1 in a tub of high Carnauba content wax costs less than 1.

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/merchant.m...Code=SE1015990

Cheep stuff swissvax
    What a waste of money, but I bet some plonker will buy it

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    http://www.swissvax.co.uk/merchant.m...Code=SE1015990

Cheep stuff swissvax
    What a waste of money, but I bet some plonker will buy it
    Thanks for the "plonker" compliment Paul

We all have our favourites and I have no doubt Mark's stuff is great (I have bought lots of stuff from him). I just happen to like Swissvax Onyx and the price is OK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast