Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Average failure rates and fix costs ?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    I could be tempted to spend a bit of time on the 360 side of things. I'd been planning to add ownership experience inc. running costs etc to my little play site (currently just the road trip info). If I do, I don't mind sharing if it's in the member part.

M
    Thanks Mark

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    348 wise, many of us know each other in person so we often chat off forum to get ideas if we know another owner has had a similar snag to one we are currently experiencing. Not as scientific as Mod's suggestion obviously.
    Indeed, in fact it was Jeff (irref) whom corrected my engine light problem. On a 360

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    One is plated steel that corrodes and the other a stainless item? Both are wear items on the 360/F430 of course but I was led to believe Hills are a big step forward.
    Not necessarily. Austenitic stainless steel is soft. Carbon steel can be heat treated and then plated with chrome which can be very hard, which is why hydraulic rams are mostly made of carbon steel not stainless. That said , its an engineering truism, that when two bits rub together its usually the hard that wears not the soft. So as Modificato says, whats needed is some data.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Thanks Mark
    Pete

Further to your post that the committee would discuss this proposal, did you arrive at a decision.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    Pete

Further to your post that the committee would discuss this proposal, did you arrive at a decision.
    Only that, with the election for the new committee member a few weeks away, we'll wait till after then to start considering any major changes/additions to the forum. The last changes were so universally popular we'd hate for only the 2 of us to take all the credit

One thing we did agree is that neither Mark nor I have the time to put into it personally although helping to facilitate it won't be a problem. Mark's been careless and started work again, I've got 2 young tour pros I work with going on tour from March - I can't commit to doing it. It may be something a new committee member decides he could get his teeth into

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123