Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROSBERG RITIRES

Name
    steve

Default ROSBERG RITIRES

NICO Rosberg has wimped out of F1 http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...d-championship

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

I think one of them had to go.

I also think Rosberg knows he's not as quick as Hamilton and given other teams catching up with the Mercs he's possibly not as quick as several others. He's by no means a poor driver, far from it, but given equal cars I wouldn't put him in the top 5 or so F1 drivers in terms of pace. Think he knows he had his chance and took it. Best of luck to him.

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Very valid point - particularly in the context of the allegations about Spain that Lewis flounced out and had to be persuaded to rejoin

For Nico it would not get any better and it appears the team would always indulge Lewis so who needs the grief

PS just seen this
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jos; 02-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I also think Rosberg knows he's not as quick as Hamilton and given other teams catching up with the Mercs he's possibly not as quick as several others. He's by no means a poor driver, far from it, but given equal cars I wouldn't put him in the top 5 or so F1 drivers in terms of pace. Think he knows he had his chance and took it. Best of luck to him.
    Not entirely sure one of them had to go though that will make life a bit easier for Toto next year, but agree with the rest of what you wrote. I've been reading some quite idiotic posts on the BBC News website. The vitriol to both drivers is quite amazing. I think very few of us have any idea of the pressure on the drivers, the constant travelling, PR work etc. You could see it with Jenson that he just wanted to get his life back. When Brundle asked him on the grid what was he going to miss he replied with something like "only the bit that comes in the next 2 hours" ie the racing.

I am happy for Nico that he got his championship. He deserves it. Sure he had some luck, but he worked hard for it. Neither Damon or Nigel were the best drivers of their era, but they too stuck at it and to a large extent lucked in by having the best cars and were both deserved champions. Nico is no different.

However - whatever your opinion of Lewis, he really IS quick AND a racer. Different level, as is young Max.

Best for the future Nico and enjoy your family.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Very valid point - particularly in the context of the allegations about Spain that Lewis flounced out and had to be persuaded to rejoin

For Nico it would not get any better and it appears the team would always indulge Lewis so who needs the grief

PS just seen this
    Lewis plus Fernando = previous history

I'm sure Toto would welcome that like a hole in the head

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

+1 and I'm very happy that Nico became the deserving champion for 2016. The funny thing is though, he's beaten the Mr T wannabe and Lewis will never get the chance to regain the crown from Nico. Good stuff

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    I think very few of us have any idea of the pressure on the drivers, the constant travelling, PR work etc.
    Sorry Francis but it makes me laugh when people talk about the 'pressure' on multimillionaire sportsmen. It's not on the same page as operating in an armed conflict for example.

Name
    Francis Newman

Sorry Francis but it makes me laugh when people talk about the 'pressure' on multimillionaire sportsmen. It's not on the same page as operating in an armed conflict for example.
    Sure, but despite the millions earned, or even because of it, I can understand someone with a young family wanting to spend more time at home. I travelled extensively on business during my son's early life (my wife says I was never there) and although I enjoyed it and it gave us some relative prosperity I do now regret it.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Sorry Francis but it makes me laugh when people talk about the 'pressure' on multimillionaire sportsmen.
    Hmm…

I can appreciate the 'pressure' but I certainly can't feel the slightest bit sympathetic.

When Jenson's future was in doubt a year or so ago, he said during an interview "don't feel sorry for me…" and he was right, he knew he's been one of the very fortunate few. Lewis, I think he's a likeable enough chap but I can really do without the entourage and the sulks.

Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Hmm…

I can appreciate the 'pressure' but I certainly can't feel the slightest bit sympathetic.

When Jenson's future was in doubt a year or so ago, he said during an interview "don't feel sorry for me…" and he was right, he knew he's been one of the very fortunate few. Lewis, I think he's a likeable enough chap but I can really do without the entourage and the sulks.
    Yes Lewis does do sulk well, and while it's not a likeable characteristic I can understand it from a character for whom winning is all. Nigel Mansell was an even bigger whiner. I'm prepared to put up with all all that for what they do on track.

I can't remember many Nico great racing moments, ironically the move on Max in Abu Dhabi in his last F1 race was probably his best. But I can remember many Lewis racing moments. For me the most outstanding was his move overtaking TWO cars through Becketts in GP2 the year before he got his MacLaren F1 drive (and that was for position not lapping). That was something else. The fact that most of the F1 crews were on the pitwall to watch him that day speaks volumes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast