Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamois or blow dry?

Name
    John

Default Chamois or blow dry?

For years I've always dried my car by waffle weave microfibre cloth,till today.
    Just purchased a high end blower to quicken this process.Especially for areas like the motor cover etc.
    What's everybody's take on this?
    What do you recommend?

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I bought a leaf blower for that purpose. Particularly the vents in the doors (F355 then). I used it once and now use it for collecting leaves (only on vacuum instead of blow)

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Using filtered water

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by john348gtb View Post
    For years I've always dried my car by waffle weave microfibre cloth,till today.
    Just purchased a high end blower to quicken this process.Especially for areas like the motor cover etc.
    What's everybody's take on this?
    What do you recommend?
    My only concern with the blower is if you first need to filter the air

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Take the softest bath towel in the house, and pat the car dry. The wife especially loves to see her fluffy towels used this way

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Using filtered water
    Pete - It's still water so the car needs to be dried A lot of "Detailers" use a combination of a microfibre drying towel (needs the special wash regime) and a warm air blower

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Take the softest bath towel in the house, and pat the car dry. The wife especially loves to see her fluffy towels used this way

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    Fireball have a brilliant drying towel, just lay it on the car and peel it off, removes the water like magic

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    Pete - It's still water so the car needs to be dried A lot of "Detailers" use a combination of a microfibre drying towel (needs the special wash regime) and a warm air blower
    Yes, but if it's filtered it doesn't leave water marks so why bother. Put it in a (hehumidified) garage and let nature (and your dehumidifier) take it's course. Water doesn't actually leave marks, only the impurities in the water do

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Yes, but if it's filtered it doesn't leave water marks so why bother. Put it in a (hehumidified) garage and let nature (and your dehumidifier) take it's course. Water doesn't actually leave marks, only the impurities in the water do
    Have no choice but to take the car out in the rain tomorrow ( Friday 19th ) as it is MOT time at Lancaster, Colchester.

Saving grace is that when i get home the car can go into the air-chamber nice and warm and enjoy a thorough drying from the de-humidifier i have located inside the chamber.

Only thing i need to remember to do is go and empty the de-humidifier bucket after it has sucked up all the moisture

Did the same last year after 2 hours in the pi**ing rain coming back from an event in London and the next day the car looked like i had just polished it .... it was cleaner than before it went out

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post
    Have no choice but to take the car out in the rain tomorrow ( Friday 19th ) as it is MOT time at Lancaster, Colchester.

Saving grace is that when i get home the car can go into the air-chamber nice and warm and enjoy a thorough drying from the de-humidifier i have located inside the chamber.

Only thing i need to remember to do is go and empty the de-humidifier bucket after it has sucked up all the moisture

Did the same last year after 2 hours in the pi**ing rain coming back from an event in London and the next day the car looked like i had just polished it .... it was cleaner than before it went out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast