Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T : My first Hybrid

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    On a related note I have a family acquaintance whose Porsche Macan diesel has done its particulate filter at 11,000 miles. He should have never been sold the car given his use cases (school run) but he is considering that he will sue for ‘mis-selling’. More and more of this will happen as these lev6 diesels don’t work in urban settings / short journeys.
    I agree with the above posts but is Mod talking about the car not being fit for purpose, rather than the 'wrong' type of car for the buyer?

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    I agree with the above posts but is Mod talking about the car not being fit for purpose, rather than the 'wrong' type of car for the buyer?
    6 of one and half a dozen of the other I think.

Most makers know that unless a euro lev 6 diesel gets a long run at least once a week it is heading for trouble as it won’t regen the particulate filter. I looked into it’s OBD2 port and saw that >100 starts had lead to sub 10min run cycles. The school run is about 5-7mins tops. They clearly don’t need a diesel macan BUT they are like most buyers utterly clueless so have chosen what fits their desired image and been sold on economy MPG.

The garage has to have some duty of care here. If lev6 cars were good in short journeys then no bother but they aren’t the dealers know and should advise accordingly. Don’t think they would win but they are pretty pissed off. More point of sale info is required for sure as for short urban cycles lev6 diesels are NOT fit for purpose (long term)

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    What a load of bull. A sales man is not responsible in putting the buyer in a car that is best suited to his needs. If a punter relies on the recommendation of a salesman without any further consideration then that is at their own lookout. You simply cannot place an iota of responsibility on the salesman from a legal, or any other, perspective.
    ...yet

Only a matter of time

Do you think lev6 diesels are fit for purpose of being driven most of their time on short journeys?

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

You said: "he will sue for ‘mis-selling’."

You now say: "are fit for purpose"

These are two separate legal issues with their own remedies should they occur. Misselling is a regulatory issue. Fit for Purpose is covered by Consumer Rights.

Please do not turn one into the other to justify yourself. I assume you have done so because you have no arguments to support the former.

I have no opinion on whether this could be an issue with being fit for purpose as you have not provided sufficient information.

Name
    cgt

God this forum has become a boring place since the early days

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Name
    Slapshot

Default Oxford plans to ban petrol and diesel cars from 2020

Oxford City Council is well known for its hatred of the motor vehicle but this decision to ban the internal combustion engine entirely from 2020 sounds ludicrous. There aren't any charging points!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...esel-cars-2020

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

If I want to go to Oxford (which I won't) in my sparky, chances are unless I plan my route carefully I'll not make it anyway.

I think it is probably the easiest village (it is a tiny village right?) to ban cars. As said it has not been car friendly for sometime.
    It'll make it cheaper to live there because most won't want to

Doesn't Clarkson live in Oxfordshirencester?

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post

You said: "he will sue for ‘mis-selling’."

You now say: "are fit for purpose"

These are two separate legal issues with their own remedies should they occur. Misselling is a regulatory issue. Fit for Purpose is covered by Consumer Rights.

Please do not turn one into the other to justify yourself. I assume you have done so because you have no arguments to support the former.

I have no opinion on whether this could be an issue with being fit for purpose as you have not provided sufficient information.
    Er...

Are you okay?

You seem to be arguing about something I didn’t say.

Your first line is a mis-quote

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Er...

Are you okay?

You seem to be arguing about something I didn’t say.

Your first line is a mis-quote
    Mod I know you are never wrong, and know everything, but your words were he will sue for ‘mis-selling’. so the first line mis-quote ??? - thats exactly what you said.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Mod I know you are never wrong, and know everything, but your words were he will sue for ‘mis-selling’. so the first line mis-quote ??? - thats exactly what you said.
    IMHO there is no case to answer ref the purchaser buying the "wrong" car - Unless he specifically asked the salesperson (note me being gender neutral) if the car was suitable for short runs and what the implications may be regarding such use, the purchaser would need to have this supported by written statement and/or independant witness, so basically he has a chance of getting 2/3rds of FA.

Perhaps Mod could provide some training for his friends on what car is most suitable for them

My son wants a BMW diesel and I've told him that diesels are not suitable for his type of driving, against my better judgement I did recommend an electric vehicle, but he wasn't keen on having a 100 metre extension lead running from his 1st floor flat down to the car park

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast