Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

The Wales Weekend was about 500 miles door to door so I scanned the gearbox TCU tonight just out of interest.
    Heres a few screen grabs with my interpretation based on internet myth and trying to work it through as opposed to training. No doubt someone on FChat would put me in my place for trying ... It's why I like it on here.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e83fe34898.jpg

The clutch wear by my calc is just under 30% which is where it's been sat for the last few years, so say 10k miles.
    It could be wrong, but as the software has no wear reading I subtract the new from the current clutch position and divide by 8.6 which is the REF. CLUTCH PRESSURE PLATE STROKE value on an SD2 printout I have from when it was last changed.
    There has been some comments that the values returned by the Launch software aren't correct. This maybe so but the new clutch position reading at least tallies, as does the PIS.
    The clutch wear index is below the 4000 reference value which is on the biting side of normal but I believe is well within range.
    When I drove the car last weekend the bite off the line improved the more I used it. Definitely works better when hot.

Some more good data....
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1af9560cc4.jpg

I don't think I've had a missed selection or jump into N ever.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba1d45eed6.jpg

The car spends more time in gears 3 and 4 and that's a lot of changes since the CS TCU went in.

I also scanned the Motronics and both were clear of codes.
    The long-term trim values generally sit close to 0 and that's where they were when I parked up on Sunday.

Any questions ...ask a pro

Sent from my B1-780 using Tapatalk

Name
    Mike M

My car has had very little use since Wales and Syís Clivedon meet in mid-June. Busy social life apparently

I thought Iíd take it out for a spin tonight and ended up on quite a spirited drive on my favourite roads chasing some bikes.
    Back on the drive the car was very hot and the clutch was dragging. I could also hear what sounded the clutch SV energising quite loudly possibly trying to stop the gearbox primary.
    When I opened the garage door it and got back in to move it, it would not select 1st or reverse which sort of confirmed it to me....

For the first time I used the Launch software to change the PIS.... from 4.6 to 4.8 which seemed to cure it and it drove well on the road and shunted great back on on the drive.
    I just need to make sure itís good when cold now....

Name:  IMG_2029.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  41.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2030.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  26.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2031.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  26.6 KB

It was a bit of a pfaff to enter the new value but Iím not sure if anyone on here can shed any light on it. Iíve asked on FChat...but if anyoneís knows the procedure please shout up.

Name
    Mike M

Mmmm....I may have a bit of an F1 problem....not bad as Iíve managed 7.5 years without one so far.
    Iíve probably been getting two separate issues confused up to now.

There is definitely slight clutch drag on occasions when the car is very, very hot. Enough to creep the car in 1 or R.
    Iíve posted before that the clutch closes slightly when a gear is selected and that is when the drag occurs. When itís in N there is no movement of the gearbox primary shaft at all with a PIS of 4.6.
    After hearing the clutch SV buzzing the other night I lifted the PIS the other night (4.6 to 4.8) but only had chance to drive it a short distance when already hot.
    From cold tonight it was fine until I started to increase the revs and it was flaring between gears and not very positive in sport.
    I reduced the PIS to 4.7 and it seemed perfect when hot. I now need to test it cold.

What I noticed on the drive whilst making adjustments is the clutch control SV making an buzzing/energising noise again.

The attached is a graph of the system hydraulic pressure, clutch position and clutch SV current.

Name:  Screenshot_20190812-211652.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  35.3 KB

Every 45 seconds or so, the clutch closes a few mm and the SV energises (signalled by the buzzing) to bring it back to full open.
    I also monitored the trans primary and when it does it, the primary shaft rotates confirming it is the clutch moving rather than the position sensor.

So whatís causing it?

First thought is keep it simple and bleed the clutch in case there is air in the system.
    After that....
    It appears to be heat related and there are no external leaks I can see from the release bearing seals so I may be looking at an SV leak or possibly the release bearing is sticking?
    The clutch hydraulics are quite simple in that the SV is centred for holding position and moves one way or the other to open or close the clutch.
    Iím hoping itís going to be simple to resolve but letís see....

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Ed.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Are our cars breaking out in sympathy with each other!!!

I know nothing about this, but why does the electrovalve current "wobble!" about (a technical engineering term) Should that not go back to zero once the shift is complete? I'm guessing its not that simple?

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Are our cars breaking out in sympathy with each other!!!
    I hope not and for clarity she hasnít Ďbroken downí

I know nothing about this, but why does the electrovalve current "wobble!" about (a technical engineering term) Should that not go back to zero once the shift is complete? I'm guessing its not that simple?
    The valve sits in a mid position when it is controlling the clutch position moving one way to add fluid to the release bearing circuit and the other way to remove it. Just like your left foot going up and down.
    When the bearing moves off the required position, fluid is added or removed from the circuit by the solenoid valve and Ďthe wobbleí reflects a fairly typical of a control algorithm.

If you canít sleep tonight google PID control.

Many will disagree with me but it never ceases to amaze me how good this system is......

Usual caveat applies that Iím self taught so could be completely wrong.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post

If you canít sleep tonight google PID control.
    Oddly enough in a long distant past I wrote software to analysis something similar for submarine manoeuvring characteristics.

I found my old books when last we moved house and honestly didn't understand them I must have been intelligent at one stage in my life I guess; but I cant remember

Name
    Mike M

Oddly enough in a long distant past I wrote software to analysis something similar for submarine manoeuvring characteristics.

I found my old books when last we moved house and honestly didn't understand them I must have been intelligent at one stage in my life I guess; but I cant remember
    .....me neither

I had another look tonight and the issue is still there when itís cold but isnít as noticeable.

Voicey replied to my thread on FChat and suggested the SV driver in the TCU or the clutch SV itself.
    The former is a nightmare as the TCU is fairly new and a replacement is $$$$ but the SVís are available for ~£180.

In reality has to be the SV, a leak, the TCU or as an outside possibility the clutch position sensor (which is pretty stable) as that is all the components of the clutch control system.
    So Iíve convinced myself tonight itís the SV either sticking or internally leaking slightly as the signal driving it seems to be hunting.

Name:  IMG_2063.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  36.3 KB

Iím going to order an SV tomorrow and Iíll change the pressure accumulator while Iím at it.
    Iíll probably leave it alone until the autumn then change the parts when the carís off the road. I may even tackle the actuator switch leak.
    The carís 20 year old next year so a bit of maintenance is probably needed.

Itís due belts in October but Iím going to defer the major until the start of next season so if there is anything else needs doing I can get it done at the Americaís time.

Name
    Mike M

So finding a new clutch SV available as a spare part hasnít been that easy.
    I donít want a second hand one as itíd still have a question mark over it.
    Voicey said replacing the internal seals is pointless as I guess they mechanically wear and stick as opposed to leak.
    I found a supplier in Germany with them in stock and ordered one to be then told they are out of stock, so I cancelled the order.
    Delivery was delayed by the recent typhoon which got me thinking!

I quickly found a supplier in China and requested three. Two clutch SVís (QPV) and one selection (PPV) to make best use of the air-freight charge. Over here theyíre ~£180 each. I bought all three for £150 airfreighted to my door plus taxes (or will have when I pay tomorrow).
    Are they genuine? Counterfeit? Any good? Will I see them or my money again? Who knows, but as Iím travelling for a few weeks I thought in the absence of a bonafide U.K. supplier it was worth a punt. At least Iíll know the provenance rather than buy blind
    And the supplier assures me they are genuine OEM

Anyway eyes wide open and Iíll test them when they arrive and before I connect them to my expensive TCU.
    Iíll update the thread then......

Name
    Mark

Thanks for posting the analysis. Mike. I like reading stuff like that. I found an outlet selling the SVs in bulk for very low prices - it may have been on Alibaba.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast