Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 318

Thread: My Argento 360

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Name
    Andy Chadwick
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Cheers Adrian.... any pics?

    I should have also added has anyone used one of the generic press sets for removing HE ball joints etc?
    I need one but want to make sure it has the right sizes.

    M
    Hi Mike,

    I used this set from Teng Tools. Got it a lot cheaper than the advertised price and the different sizes fit the 2 ring sizes nicely. As I did front and back plus they are universal I thought they were VFM.

    I used a socket and vice to push out the ball joints aka Voiciesí instructions. Came out easy once heated up releasing the glue.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Name
    Andy Chadwick
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Hi Mike,

    I used this set from Teng Tools. Got it a lot cheaper than the advertised price and the different sizes fit the 2 ring sizes nicely. As I did front and back plus they are universal I thought they were VFM.

    I used a socket and vice to push out the ball joints aka Voiciesí instructions. Came out easy once heated up releasing the glue.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgot the link
    https://www.tengtools.ie/Tool-Contro...nch-Set-TTHP08


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #173
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Hi Mike,

    I used this set from Teng Tools. Got it a lot cheaper than the advertised price and the different sizes fit the 2 ring sizes nicely. As I did front and back plus they are universal I thought they were VFM.

    I used a socket and vice to push out the ball joints aka Voiciesí instructions. Came out easy once heated up releasing the glue.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers Andy,

    Socket is my usual method but Iíve had a clear out and only have nice ones now

    Iíll look into those Teng ring spannerís.

  4. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Name
    Andy Chadwick
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Cheers Andy,

    Socket is my usual method but Iíve had a clear out and only have nice ones now

    Iíll look into those Teng ring spannerís.
    Tried to send you pm but my box is full cause subscription has expired you can borrow mine if you want?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #175
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Tried to send you pm but my box is full cause subscription has expired you can borrow mine if you want?
    Cheers Andy

  6. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/ along with flamblocs and stainless bearings. The business is a distributor for a manufacturer on the continent who sold only to retailers, but I have a feeling that recently changed - only I never stored the link and now can't find it

  7. #177
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,518

    Default My Argento 360

    Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/ along with flamblocs and stainless bearings. The business is a distributor for a manufacturer on the continent who sold only to retailers, but I have a feeling that recently changed - only I never stored the link and now can't find it
    Thatís a useful site Mark with some reasonable new items. Thanks for the link.
    If Iím right I think the same people sell on eBay unless they are passing them through.
    Price wise I can better a lot of the parts and some things I definitely want to keep OEM.
    Any other views and whereís Mod lately as Iím sure heís a view on that.

    Iíve ordered new shock bushes, shock rubbers (spacers) which are inexpensive, new drop links and all new hardware.
    Iíll strip out over the next week or two and make a call on other parts.

    On a completely different note I actually like the look of the car on the standard wheels so may sell my CH wheels next year to make some garage space!
    Iíll change the tyres first and see how it drives.

    Another thing Iím going to do is replace the CS engine mounts with standard. Thereís just too much NVH in the cabin and Iíd guess thatís where part of the Ďrawnessí in the CS comes from.

  8. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Name
    Aldous Voice
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/
    Those tools only press the bush in, they aren't big enough to remove the bushes. Pretty useless unless you only want to do half the job.

  9. #179
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voicey View Post
    Those tools only press the bush in, they aren't big enough to remove the bushes. Pretty useless unless you only want to do half the job.
    Cheers Aldous,

    There usually an easy and a hard way to learn things and sharing advice/experience is always appreciated.

  10. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Thatís a useful site Mark with some reasonable new items. Thanks for the link.
    If Iím right I think the same people sell on eBay unless they are passing them through.
    Price wise I can better a lot of the parts and some things I definitely want to keep OEM.
    Any other views and whereís Mod lately as Iím sure heís a view on that.

    Iíve ordered new shock bushes, shock rubbers (spacers) which are inexpensive, new drop links and all new hardware.
    Iíll strip out over the next week or two and make a call on other parts.

    On a completely different note I actually like the look of the car on the standard wheels so may sell my CH wheels next year to make some garage space!
    Iíll change the tyres first and see how it drives.

    Another thing Iím going to do is replace the CS engine mounts with standard. Thereís just too much NVH in the cabin and Iíd guess thatís where part of the Ďrawnessí in the CS comes from.
    I was thinking about the CS mounts but it sounds like they are quite a bit different - I will give it a miss then.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mike01606 - Argento 360 Modena F1
    By Mike01606 in forum Galleries and Members Cars
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 08:32 PM
  2. Argento Strad for sale
    By 15hn in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
  3. argento cs w blk/argento alcantara
    By tonyh in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-03-2008, 11:45 AM
  4. argento v jtremlett hudson does nothing
    By steve f in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-11-2006, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •