Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Cheers Adrian.... any pics?

I should have also added has anyone used one of the generic press sets for removing HE ball joints etc?
    I need one but want to make sure it has the right sizes.

M
    Hi Mike,

I used this set from Teng Tools. Got it a lot cheaper than the advertised price and the different sizes fit the 2 ring sizes nicely. As I did front and back plus they are universal I thought they were VFM.

I used a socket and vice to push out the ball joints aka Voiciesí instructions. Came out easy once heated up releasing the glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Hi Mike,

I used this set from Teng Tools. Got it a lot cheaper than the advertised price and the different sizes fit the 2 ring sizes nicely. As I did front and back plus they are universal I thought they were VFM.

I used a socket and vice to push out the ball joints aka Voiciesí instructions. Came out easy once heated up releasing the glue.

Forgot the link
    https://www.tengtools.ie/Tool-Contro...nch-Set-TTHP08

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Hi Mike,

Cheers Andy,

Socket is my usual method but Iíve had a clear out and only have nice ones now

Iíll look into those Teng ring spannerís.

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Cheers Andy,

Socket is my usual method but Iíve had a clear out and only have nice ones now

Iíll look into those Teng ring spannerís.
    Tried to send you pm but my box is full cause subscription has expired you can borrow mine if you want?

Name
    Mike M

Tried to send you pm but my box is full cause subscription has expired you can borrow mine if you want?
    Cheers Andy

Name
    Mark

Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/ along with flamblocs and stainless bearings. The business is a distributor for a manufacturer on the continent who sold only to retailers, but I have a feeling that recently changed - only I never stored the link and now can't find it

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/ along with flamblocs and stainless bearings. The business is a distributor for a manufacturer on the continent who sold only to retailers, but I have a feeling that recently changed - only I never stored the link and now can't find it
    Thatís a useful site Mark with some reasonable new items. Thanks for the link.
    If Iím right I think the same people sell on eBay unless they are passing them through.
    Price wise I can better a lot of the parts and some things I definitely want to keep OEM.
    Any other views and whereís Mod lately as Iím sure heís a view on that.

Iíve ordered new shock bushes, shock rubbers (spacers) which are inexpensive, new drop links and all new hardware.
    Iíll strip out over the next week or two and make a call on other parts.

On a completely different note I actually like the look of the car on the standard wheels so may sell my CH wheels next year to make some garage space!
    Iíll change the tyres first and see how it drives.

Another thing Iím going to do is replace the CS engine mounts with standard. Thereís just too much NVH in the cabin and Iíd guess thatís where part of the Ďrawnessí in the CS comes from.

Name
    Aldous Voice

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Press tools available from https://uberdrive.co.uk/shop/
    Those tools only press the bush in, they aren't big enough to remove the bushes. Pretty useless unless you only want to do half the job.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by voicey View Post
    Those tools only press the bush in, they aren't big enough to remove the bushes. Pretty useless unless you only want to do half the job.
    Cheers Aldous,

There usually an easy and a hard way to learn things and sharing advice/experience is always appreciated.

Name
    Mark

Thatís a useful site Mark with some reasonable new items. Thanks for the link.
    If Iím right I think the same people sell on eBay unless they are passing them through.
    Price wise I can better a lot of the parts and some things I definitely want to keep OEM.
    Any other views and whereís Mod lately as Iím sure heís a view on that.

Iíve ordered new shock bushes, shock rubbers (spacers) which are inexpensive, new drop links and all new hardware.
    Iíll strip out over the next week or two and make a call on other parts.

On a completely different note I actually like the look of the car on the standard wheels so may sell my CH wheels next year to make some garage space!
    Iíll change the tyres first and see how it drives.

Another thing Iím going to do is replace the CS engine mounts with standard. Thereís just too much NVH in the cabin and Iíd guess thatís where part of the Ďrawnessí in the CS comes from.
    I was thinking about the CS mounts but it sounds like they are quite a bit different - I will give it a miss then.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast