Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    ....it may have been on Alibaba.
    ....thereís a seller that has them in 10 unit assembly trays and the one Iíve tried who sells single units. Letís wait and see

Iím fairly certain itís sticking as I can here it buzzing when the fault occurs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

A taste of a post-brexit world....

Ordered Friday from HK, shipped Monday, DHL ring me today needing £18 for duty and VAT (11% on £163??) to pre-clear customs....
    Watching the tracking, but expecting it early next week if not by the end of this week as itís heading direct into Birmingham....then straight out to me.
    Whatís not to like ...Alibaba is the future....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

From memory its = (item cost + shipping cost) * import duty * VAT

They get you every way regardless.

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    From memory its = (item cost + shipping cost) * import duty * VAT

They get you every way regardless.
    That was what Iíd calculated....but they missed me this time unless my supplier made a mistake with the declaration
    Delivered today, so four business days from order and just under £60 each delivered.

Name:  D0D11F87-15C1-468C-AC9E-595DF3D06FE4.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  110.2 KB

A couple of lingering concerns....

1. The part numbers differ from my 2000 year part numbers but as I cannot cross reference due to them being unique or controlled part numbers.
    Maserati sell the valves as kits at £500 each.

Name:  IMG_2066.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  52.8 KB

They are also different numbers again but supposed to be interchangeable.....
    Also the Ferrari F1 clutch valve sold from Germany is the same part number (and probably the same supplier) as mine.

2. They are counterfeit!

They are actually spare parts for a low cost Chinese car that uses a Marelli Selespeed system so Iím hoping theyíre just priced accordingly without the F tax. Theyíre still not what youíd call cheap.

Info is very limited but Iíve found this a few years ago on a useful site.
    Name:  IMG_0669.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  52.3 KB
    The graph shows that the valve takes 0 - 2A from clutch closed to clutch open with a mid point where it will hold position for clutch modulation, moving either way to open or close the clutch.
    With a winding resistance of 2.5 ohm, that means 0 - 5volts is needed to drive the SV full stroke.

First step I measured the resistance of the coil.....
    Name:  IMG_2074.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  64.5 KB
    2.7 ohms inc the meter leads which are 0.2 ohm....pass.

Then using a variable DC power supply I ran it 0 - 5 volts...worked perfectly.
    Name:  IMG_2078.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  55.5 KB
    The learning for me, as Iíve never seen a valve in the metal, is the moving shuttle is internal and the 3 O-ring seals only seal the chambers in the valve block. It explains Voiceyís comment that changing them is pointless as they donít move and shouldnít wear.
    Name:  IMG_2075.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  25.1 KB
    The arrow is pointing at the internal shuttle which is just about visible.

In summary....these valves are not serviceable.

Next step remove my old one and repeat the electrical tests. If the valves are compatible, itís going in.
    Last edited by Mike01606; 22-08-2019 at 04:31 PM.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Looks promising!

(If it’s any consolation I just had to order a new actuator for my yacht engine for the stop. Same basic thing but without the hydraulic bit. Initial price was £250 plus vat; got it down to £160 plus vat but f***ing expensive for something pretty basic; I recall making stuff like this in machine shop in high school!!!)
    Last edited by A348W; 22-08-2019 at 04:39 PM.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Does anyone understand how import duties are calculated ??

In the mix you have

Import Duty
    Handling Charges
    VAT

I have imported at least 50 things and I NEVER seem to have the charges worked out in the same way. I have been stung with all three possibles - or just one, but none of them relate to the original purchase price or even add up. When VAT is charged I cant make a pre vat base price that equates to what I am being charged. I have also had stuff just delivered home with NO CHARGE at all !!

I guess they must employ some simpletons to work all this stuff out, but no complaints from me as by my reconning I am winning at the moment

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

IIRC

if it's outside EU (cough) the it was 10% duty on the goods + shipping

then VAT on top of that figure - yep you pay VAT on the 10% duty!!!! :-(

Try this link....

https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

Name
    Mike M

I'm with you Simon on this one...Ö

My understanding is as per Adrian's. You pay duty and VAT on the total cost inc shipping. The duty depends on what it is. Aircraft parts, pharmaceuticals 0%, Oranges, roasted coffee lots.....I guess you might not pay VAT of children's clothes etc

How it worked for me was the supplier sent it via DHL air who rang me to pay the duty and VAT whilst it was in transit (11.3% of what I paid the supplier for goods and shipping). I asked what next and they said the package is now pre-cleared and comes direct to me. I guess if I hadn't answered the DHL call it could have been held up in the UK sorting office until I'd stumped up. Previously I've had to pay it on the doorstep and Royal Mail charged me a £15 fee plus the taxes.

I guarantee if I ordered the same again, I'd pay a different amount. I can only think I might have been credited the local sales tax, so I only paid the difference. Or the supplier's declaration was incorrect.

Name
    Andy Chadwick

I've been sent an invoice from courier company for such tax weeks after taking delivery of items imported.

So I thought I got away with it and then got a shock in the post.

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

So one month later with winter fast approaching I found time to fit the clutch SV.
    I ended up taking the air box and vacuum tank out to get the power unit out. The clutch SV is top right looking from behind the car.
    I wasít sure if I could access removing the arch liner but went in from above.

Name:  IMG_2268.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  82.1 KB

New one in....

Name:  IMG_2270.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  63.2 KB

A quick bleed and then a five hour wait (Mrs M in bed on nights so in silent mode).

Car drives perfectly!.....none of the buzzing and juddering when hot.
    PIS set at 4.7, it flairs a little whilst warming up then is super slick through the gears in normal and fast in Sport...Iíll drive it a little before deciding to leave or lower back to 4.6.

As per the other fault where I thought the valve was sticking as the clutch moved when in N....itís a feature of the software, maybe to stop the release bearing sticking, who knows other than the guy/gal that wrote it...

This is N

Name:  IMG_2271.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  33.9 KB

The clutch is fully open but every 50 seconds or so it goes to the kiss point and returns.... circled.

Why I think itís a feature. This is 1st gear.

Name:  Screenshot_20190921-172111.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  33.7 KB

The arrow is where first is selected and as Iíve said before when a gear is selected the clutch does close slightly and can creep the car.
    The circled dip is the exactly the opposite of what happens in N. Every 50 seconds the clutch fully opens for a second or so then returns.
    The fact that itís the same time period and moves in opposite directions whether in gear or not leads me to conclude itís part of the operation.
    My CS TCU is a 2016 new build so it may differ from the 2004 variants.

Most people wouldnít notice as you have to watch the position to see it. Occasionally you can feel the clutch close as the engine rev dips when the gear oil is cold.

Anyway my Chery QQ clutch SV works
    Last edited by Mike01606; 21-09-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast